7-Zip 9.36 Beta

jalaffa

7-Zip is an open-source file archiver, that offers the highest compression ratio, using the new 7z format, which delivers compression results that are usually 30-50% better than standard ZIP. We tested it with a server log file, which compressed with ZIP had a file size of 18 mb and using 7-Zip was reduced to 8 Mb (results may vary, depending on file type). 7Zip supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB formats, so it can be used with all popular archive files. The program offers a basic file explorer interface and also integrates into the Windows right-click menu. It can be associated with any of the supported formats and also offers command/line support.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we might get rar5 format once rar8 is current.

seriously, 7zip development is almost dead. some small bugfixes every now and then, that's about it.

strange enough no one picked up the source yet and continued...

Bandizip : All-In-One Free Zip Archiver

Bandizip is a lightweight, fast and free All-In-One Zip Archiver.
Bandizip has a very fast Zip algorithm for compression & extraction with Fast Drag and Drop, High Speed Archiving, and Multi-core compression. It handles the most popular compression formats, including Zip, 7z, Rar, and so on.

Various Compression Formats

Bandizip supports various formats including RAR(part1.rar, r01), ACE, AES, ALZ, APK, ARJ, BH, BIN, BZ, BZ2, CAB, EGG, GZ, J2J, JAR, IMG, IPA, ISZ, LHA, LZMA, PMA, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TLZ, TXZ, UDF, WAR, WIM, XPI, XZ, and Z.

Super-fast Compression and Extraction

Featuring Multi-core processing, Fast Drag&Drop, and High-speed archiving, Bandizip boasts quicker processing time than the competitors.

- Multi-core Support: Multi-core support helps increase compression speed up to 6 times faster. » See more

- Fast Drag&Drop: Extraction is fast by directly extracting a file to a folder instead of temporary one. » See more

- High-speed Archiving: Bandizip bypasses compression-inefficient files (AVI, MKV, ZIP, RAR, etc.) to boost up the compression speed. » See more

Secure Standard Archive Format

Files are compressed in secure standard formats including ZIP, ZIPX, EXE, TAR, TGZ, LZH, ISO, and 7Z to store data safely.

High-class Encryption

ZipCrypto and AES 256 encryption algorithms are supported for higher security.

Split Compression and Extraction for Diverse Formats

Bandizip supports split compression to certain size, such as 10MB or 700MB. Besides Windows standard split compression formats (zip, z01, z02 ...), it securely supports ALZ, EGG (alz, a01, a02,... / vol1.egg, vol2.egg,...), 7Z(7z.001, 7z.002...), and RAR (part1.rar). » See more

Association with Windows Explorer

In Windows Explorer, the context menu provides 'Extract, Compress with Bandizip, Compress to 7Z, Preview, etc.'

Embedded Image Viewer

An image viewer is embedded so that users can view images included in archives.

File Integrity Check

'File Integrity Check' ensures that a file is compressed in the right manner and there is no problem with it.

Perfect Support for 64-bit OSes including Windows 7 and 8

Bandizip provides perfect support for 32/64-bit OSes including Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.

- OS supported by 'Bandizip': Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/7/8

- OS supported by 'BandizipX': Mac OS (Download BandizipX)

Support for Unicode (UTF-8)

For compression or extraction, foreign-language file names are sometimes fragmented. With the 'Code Page' or 'UTF-8 Save' function, Bandizip helps to display the filename perfectly. » See more

Compact, Light, and Fast

Bandizip is compact, fast, and light because it does not use heavy libraries, such as MFC.

http://www.bandisoft.com/bandizip/

bandizip support rar5 format ;) and compress with 7zip option :D

very fast and lightweight

More 7-Zip users must be on Igor like a hawk to get RAR5 support added. Since he don't see RAR5 support as a big thing basically.

And maybe you should consider donate to him, requesting this feature. If you want to get him interested in adding RAR5 support.

We are talking about a completely free and open source software, so you cannot demand (or expect) anything.

Either wait patiently, or start learning programming and do it yourself (the source code is available).

Still no RAR5 format

More 7-Zip users must be on Igor like a hawk to get RAR5 support added. Since he don't see RAR5 support as a big thing basically.

as I know, there is a license problem with rarlab :( it´s NOT a Igor problem ;)

And maybe you should consider donate to him, requesting this feature. If you want to get him interested in adding RAR5 support.

We are talking about a completely free and open source software, so you cannot demand (or expect) anything.

Either wait patiently, or start learning programming and do it yourself (the source code is available).

Personally so have i tried making a donation to him for this nice archiver but since there is no Donate option available any longer on 7-Zip's website and he don't get back 2 ya when asking about it so is it hard 2 do anything ........

as I know, there is a license problem with rarlab :( it´s NOT a Igor problem ;)

Thnx for the info. It's weird though that if that's the case why don't he just say so and not that he don't see RAR5 support as a big thing...... oh well, we'll c what happens in the future.

in responce to sshr about bandizip, 7zip compression isnt as good as 7-zip. the exe <is zip compression. with a 222kb module. <<needs making smaller by around 75%.

Those Various Compression Formats list is wrong. it may support unpacking them all but not creating them all.

in responce to sshr about bandizip, 7zip compression isnt as good as 7-zip. the exe <is zip compression. with a 222kb module. <<needs making smaller by around 75%.

Those Various Compression Formats list is wrong. it may support unpacking them all but not creating them all.

i know. bandizip only support decompression for these formats except zip, zipx, 7z, lzh, etc...

but do u really need compression features for unused formats?

i need only zip, rar and 7zip.

zip and 7zip is free compression format and open sourced. but rar format is using proprietary algorithm.

if u need rar or rar5 for high compression rate, buy winrar.

most users only need decompression features and zip.

sorry for my bad english. ;)

I have both winrar and 7-zip installed, i use winrar for unpacking via the right click. I did have powerarchiver installed but removed it as i didnt use it very much.

in 7-zip i have a small 50kb sfx module, unlike the zip 222kb module of that in bandizip. my post was more about the fact that bandizip wasnt as good at compressing in the 7-zip format as 7-zip even when it was set to maximum.

bandizip wasnt as good at compressing in the 7-zip format as 7-zip even when it was set to maximum.

Exactly the point I only use 7-zip + WinRAR on my system.

I didn't really think much of 7-Zip since there hasn't been a stable release in years, although it definitely isn't dead - Igor has been pretty busy, especially lately. I'm willing to guess that since he released a beta version lately, he's potentially working towards a stable release soon...

if u need rar or rar5 for high compression rate, buy winrar.

Really you dont have to buy winrar unless you want as Sentry ponied before the developer gives away a free legal key that still works on the current version

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/235346-7-zip-935-beta/?p=874201

​We have a legal key here on one the other computers that was bought But I see no need use when you can use it free legal. :lol:

Archived