(SOLVED) Rectangular boxes in W 8.1 RTM

chlorophyll

hi frens good evening

right now am using w 8.1 RTM .i wanna try RETAIL VERSION

pls tel me where to dload the 8.1 PRO RETAIL version n plsss throw some light on HOW TO ACTIVATE PERMANENTLY

REASON for asking RETAIL -- Am getting rectnagular /vertial boxes on logging /lock scree.so suspected error in RTM while installing.see the pic given below

THANKS IN ADVANCE

HAPPY WEEKEND

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some error am seeing on lockscreen.previously i use to see some circle icon.. See da pic i attached.. 2 vertical bars left n right side.. wat does that mean? Why am getting that?

post-25551-0-47277800-1418464001_thumb.j

Did you try running the following command from an elevated Command Prompt:--

Sfc /ScanNow
U want me to run that command? Wil that fix this issue?

And, who said to you that retail version will fix that issue?

Actually wats that? U have any idea?

hi frens good evening

right now am using w 8.1 RTM .i wanna try retail version.

pls tel me where to dload the 8.1 PRO RETAIL version n plsss throw some light on HOW TO ACTIVATE PERMANENTLY

THANKS IN ADVANCE

HAPPY WEEKEND

ahh...they will not help you, first they will take your exam then they will decide weather you are pass OR fail to use Windows 8.1 Pro Retail version...just ignore them, didn't you watched 3 Idiots-ignore kar, ignore

go to-

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=510815

download the Official Microsoft Tool, select your language and edition, install the windows, for permanently activation, PM me.

And, who said to you that retail version will fix that issue?

Actually wats that? U have any idea?

That's more likely a sign of modified system file(s). The sfc /scannow command suggested by dcs18 assesses the system files with the default and fixes anything if modified. This operation is related to Windows Resource Protection mechanism. If you can't run that command in normal mode, try running that in safe mode. This will fix your issue unless it's a hardware malfunction, driver related bug or compatibility issue.

If nothing else pans out for you, it might be worthwhile to try changing the Lock Screen image and see whether that resolves the matter, for you.

Yeah jus now scanned. See da pic n plsss give ur suggestions

Thanks for guiding me

Wil upload pic soon.

post-25551-0-28159900-1418475323_thumb.p

Yeah jus now scanned. See da pic n plsss give ur suggestions

Thanks for guiding me

Wil upload pic soon.

Between sfc and /scannow there is a space. From your screenshot, I don't see you have pressed the space button between those two. Although it ran the process, don't know if that space holds anything. Run the commandline with a space again and post the result, if differs from the previous. Otherwise, just upload the CBS.log here to find out the files to be fixed.

Seems like it's just what he wanted. Well, our suggestions has fixed his other problems that he wasn't aware of. Funny!

Aghar sabh kuch kushal mangal ho - tho koi mard uss bhikhari ko chawal roti ke vaaste de de re baba . . . . . . . . . . Allah ke naam par de de!!!

Translation:--

Wow, babes - what a miracle!

Component Store Corruption

to fix sfc /scannow:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (in an elevated command prompt), then reboot

rerun sfc /scannow

scannow_4edited_zpse93e7d2e.jpg

You got, after all, a message, like this here, it means that windows cannot repair these problems.

Ie Your windows installation files are deleted or damaged or are older if currently installed files.

Seems, You have also no shadow copy.
So You cannot repair nothing. You must only refresh whole Windows or reinstall it.
That's what You have to do.

scannow_4edited_zpse93e7d2e.jpg

You got, after all, a message, like this here, it means that windows cannot repair these problems.

Ie Your windows installation files are deleted or damaged or are older if currently installed files.

Seems, You have also no shadow copy.

So You cannot repair nothing. You must only refresh whole Windows or reinstall it.

That's what You have to do.

This is why DISM commands are employed for repairs first, no need to refresh or install if fix the problem

Command Prompt (ADMIN) :

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Wat a relief now.. Issue solved finally.. See da pic now

TEZZA trick worked for me.thanks dude

post-25551-0-45494000-1418483816_thumb.j

@ravisoorya, tezza is female.

Well, don't try your luck though, because I'm on the line already followed by that fat ass fella dcs18.

:rofl:

This is why DISM commands are employed for repairs first, no need to refresh or install if fix the problem

Command Prompt (ADMIN) :

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

But what to do, if this thing does not work? For example, for me does not work.

Two days ago I installed perfectly clean Win8.1 Pro, downloaded from Microsoft, officially registered, bought the key and I use the Microsoft account. But this suggested method doesn't work any way.

I ask clarifications, why?

@ravisoorya, tezza is female.

Well, don't try your luck though, because I'm on the line already followed by that fat ass fella dcs18.

:rofl:

i thot he was MALE n kept FEMALE PIC AS PROFILE PIC.

k al da best.try well :wub:

Command Prompt (ADMIN) :

But what to do, if this thing does not work? For example, for me does not work.

Two days ago I installed perfectly clean Win8.1 Pro, downloaded from Microsoft, officially registered, bought the key and I use the Microsoft account. But this suggested method doesn't work any way.

I ask clarifications, why?

Dism explained, as mentioned can be used for check and repair if possible

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/hh824869.aspx

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26512-dism-fixing-component-store-corruption-windows-8-a.html

Why would you use this on 2 day old install, unless you had a problem, what was the trouble you had?

Wat a relief now.. Issue solved finally.. See da pic now

TEZZA trick worked for me.thanks dude

Please rescan now systemfiles and show result here.

Archived