Firefox users, get ready for ads in your browser

Matsuda

I'll be sure to do the snippets thing, but do you know what settings make the New Tab page as if you were a first time user? I've hit that X on everything so now I have nothing, and I want a blank slate to test against, but not a whole new profile.

This would be hard to do because Firefox is set by default when you install it to show those ads . I never had noticed the ads tell someone said something because I always set mine to blank anyway. :)

If your that worried about them collecting data you could turn the internet off and install it and then set it up then turn your internet on. ;)

I meant I just wanted to "re-allow" any site I forcefully removed from the New Tab Page, both legit sites and ads. Right now I've removed everything entirely.

• Replies 57
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be sure to do the snippets thing, but do you know what settings make the New Tab page as if you were a first time user? I've hit that X on everything so now I have nothing, and I want a blank slate to test against, but not a whole new profile.

This would be hard to do because Firefox is set by default when you install it to show those ads . I never had noticed the ads tell someone said something because I always set mine to blank anyway. :)

If your that worried about them collecting data you could turn the internet off and install it and then set it up then turn your internet on. ;)

I meant I just wanted to "re-allow" any site I forcefully removed from the New Tab Page, both legit sites and ads. Right now I've removed everything entirely.

Here's what i read about this problem best answer

Did you try to drag a link to such a deleted web page into one of the slots?

Changes manually made on the about:newtab page are stored in the chromeappsstore.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder under the pinnedLinks key and blockedLinks key.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/932317

I just tested it by dragging the link in the tabs they comeback . ;)

Capitalism took over humanity forever...

yea ..and the communism experiment worked so well did it not

no it didn't
my point exsctly

Once they go live with this feature, one of us shall be publishing the IPs to be blocked, too. ^_^

this feature is already live and very much in motion :yes:

you can start the procedure :cheers:

Oh, is it - have always been using the about:blank config. on my new tab and hence did not realize . . . . . . . . . . thanks for the heads up. RlW5CMh.gif
same here, noticed it only when this thread got started.

jh1iWfz.png

Have been trying my level-best to receive those advertisements for further actions - however, all I am seeing are blank tabs.

Perhaps, there are multiple preventive measure already in play - am running a very old profile. :dunno:

maybe the case.

here changing the new tab to enhanced view brings those ads.

what build are you using ?

Archived