Problem with Lumia 630 Windows 8.1

HX1

Wondering if any of you have any experience with Nokia Lumia 630 or Windows 8.1 Phones...

I loved this phone until this happened.. Never buy SD Card on ebay.. EVER... Still a good phone just need space...

I bought an SD Card was supposed to be 128 GB... came and was put in phone..is actually 16 GB.. ( 15.44 )... got ripped off.. ANYWAY... tried to move apps to the card anyway... it did not quite make it.. my apps all went to black tiles and I now have a few erroneous entries that state @C:\Data\Programs\{ insert long registry looking number or install entry here }... Read that the only way is to reset phone to fix after I had already uninstalled the black tiles and was reinstalling some apps.. HOWEVER.. ll of the "Lumia Apps" all disappeared.. and will not install because they say I have it installed.. ( almost like a broken registry ) So I cannot install them... from the store...

Question 1:

If I reset the phone what will I loose?

Question 2:

Is there another way to fix this?

Qusetion 3:

Is there a way to clear out old files or clean the phone ( besides the obvious uninstall of apps... of old app and app files... Or a way to access the actual phone files? All I get are the basic folders.. Pictures, etc...

A little help or input would be nice.. and really appreciated if any of you have any info...

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HX1

• taiyuntao

Top Posters In This Topic

Was expecting a response.. but I have since actually done it all.. not as bad as I thought it would be... The last time I had to reset a phone it was a Motorola flip.. the first or second version.. They were like a little over a 1/4" in thick.. and analog... Well it literally would wipe the phone out.. no calls or nothing... Were really badass little phones though...

Got it all back.. all good.. this option even works well.. SORRY to all you droid and iPhone users.. but I love WP... LOL... hate android especially.. anyway.. so much for dead endz in the registry.. and I think it was my fault... :P

Admin can delete this thread completely....

PS/ I should post this with mah phone.. :tehe: making an 'nsane-tile' as we speak..

Edited by HX1

Reset will format the phone's Ram ,You should back up your contacts、SMS and App list by Synchronize before reseting the lumia 630,You can get them back when you login in your microsoft accunt next time. you should better save Other data (like pictures、folders etc) in computer. I think Reset is the best method for your lumia 630。 You will find that it became a new lumia630 after reseting.

I am... it definitely is not an old Startac.. LOL.. Pretty much done.. just have some cleaning up to do... and getting the Start screen reorganized... all that...Still thinking I should have gotten the BIG one.. LOL..