Disable Malwarebytes' Startup Message

Knightmare

Anytime I boot my computer, Malwarebytes' tells me that my system is not fully protected because I have the web blocking disabled. How can I get this notification to stop? I have tried disabling notifications but the message still appears.

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just enable web blocking; it used to be very annoying in older versions but it works nicely now.

​Only blocks a few URL's which you can allow easily with just one click

MBAM has grown into a WhoreHouse - just check out the number of services it runs.

off-topic :lol:

Nope, it is those very same services that grant the highest kernel-level privileges to MBAM - preventing the User from stifling it completely.

Anytime I boot my computer, Malwarebytes' tells me that my system is not fully protected because I have the web blocking disabled. How can I get this notification to stop? I have tried disabling notifications but the message still appears.

​that was the question so yes; your reply was off-topic

MBAM has grown into a WhoreHouse - just check out the number of services it runs.

That was the reply - so no, it is not off-topic (it points to a very basic reason why it is tough to stem that notification at startup.)

BTW, there is no need for you to be the jury - we have the staff to adjudicate on such matter. ;)

That was the reply - so no, it is not off-topic (it points to a very basic reason why it is tough to stem that notification at startup.)

BTW, there is no need for you to be the jury - we have the staff to adjudicate on such matter. ;)

I'm no jury; just expressing my opinion

When someone is in need of help - it is prudent to concentrate on the problem and offer solutions to the one in trouble.

When someone is in need of help - it is prudent to concentrate on the problem and offer solutions to the one in trouble.

and that's exactly what I did

and that's exactly what I did

What is the solution you have offered to the OP?

I think you can read; he asked how to stop the notification and I told him how

​End of story (and of this discussion)

What is the solution you have offered to the OP?

He does not want to stop Web blocking.

I have the web blocking disabled.

I think that is a very legitimate step which blocks our fav. websites (including nSane.) F3h9xqz.gif

Have un-innstalled this WhoreMother from my system, a long time ago - simply due to the number of services which it runs at startup. RL8WwPy.gif

He does not want to stop Web blocking

where did you read that??

It is pretty obvious on the OP.

not to me

​anyway check this: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/144984-disable-notification-when-i-choose-to-disable-website-protection/?p=894565

I think that is a very legitimate step which blocks our fav. websites (including nSane.)

​very easy to enable websites nowadays (just 1 click)

not to me

​anyway check this: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/144984-disable-notification-when-i-choose-to-disable-website-protection/?p=894565

Feel welcome to your own opinions (and configuration/s) - have no intention of looking up your link (now, do you mind shifting focus to the OP and his problem.)

not to me

Feel welcome to your own opinions (and configuration/s) - have no intention of looking up your link (now, do you mind shifting focus to the OP and his problem.)

if you'd take the time you can read there that it will be implemented in Malwarebytes dashboard to disable modules and stop notifications about it in future versions

not to me

if you'd take the time you can read there that it will be implemented in Malwarebytes dashboard to disable modules and stop notifications about it in future versions

Whenever they improve their product, I would be the first one to jump back into their bandwagon - already in touch with their Developer (and use my own home-made portable.)

----

Nope. Not working.

If you do not use a portable version, it would be advisable to do a complete clean reinstallation of MBAM.

If, however, you are using a portable, then this error (and some more) remains for ever.

Archived