Ad-aware PRO

Nemesis

As soon as I installed, and ran it, Nod 32 picked up 19 different trojans and it claims that it is coming from a recent file that Ad-aware created. Not to mention that Sygate blocked an app hyjack coming from this program and I wasnt updating so it wasnt a mix up. to specify, ad watch was trying to access IE

When I scanned the Pogram files nothing showed up

Something else, I scanned the skin files and it said it was password protected. So I changed the extension from .ask to .zip and Winrar recognized it and asked for a password

I could post the scan log for Nod 32 and Sygate but I dont know how to capture the screen, can someone tell me??

Could these be false positives? I doubt it because Sygate and Nod 32 both detected these strange events coming from the same Prog at around the same time ( give or take 5 mins)

thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you sure it's not some files in your quaentine folder? :P

i have had nod 32 quaentine ad aware watch se pro a few times. nod 32 does NOT like ad aware. but not 19 like him.

they would say trainer.exe and crack.exe

i frankly dont know whats happening. about point of shooting ad aware. btw they came out with their own firewall now.

are you sure it's not some files in your quaentine folder? :P

i have had nod 32 quaentine ad aware watch se pro a few times. nod 32 does NOT like ad aware. but not 19 like him.

they would say trainer.exe and crack.exe

i frankly dont know whats happening. about point of shooting ad aware. btw they came out with their own firewall now.

they are not in the quarantine folder, the real-time protection window popped up with them. after I origionally started this thread I did an in-depth analysis and there were more trojans in Java applet folders... that brings up another question can trojans download other trojans on your pc?? because if so, this thread is a farce and the trojans could have been from an original one

you were probably infected a long ass time ago......... Now u got shit all over the place. Try running a full scan and see what u can clean. Or try a different AV for a second opinion.

you were probably infected a long ass time ago......... Now u got shit all over the place. Try running a full scan and see what u can clean. Or try a different AV for a second opinion.

I did a full scan and a couple more things popped up but I just got my computer formatted and XP reinstalled last month. I will do another full scan because sometimes it will catch what it missed. there was also an update for NOD 32 today

Or maybe, you downloaded Ad-Aware from a non-secure source. There is an open link from the official website for downloading.

I never download spyware apps from non-secure sources.

Or maybe, you downloaded Ad-Aware from a non-secure source. There is an open link from the official website for downloading.

I never download spyware apps from non-secure sources.

I downloaded it from nsaneproductions.

I think I was infected a long time ago, but my computer is clean now, i think

Archived