Linux package Installation and Configuration Help!

Guest Flametonguex

Guest Flametonguex

Hello. i have these set of questions that i need to do and so if possible so somehelp me on it and tell me a website that gives me the information about this:

You are to investigate how to set up SAMBA on a Debian Linux system to allow files to be shared with a Windows XP system.

Practice how to set up the system for a named user and allow both access to a file on the Debian system and transfer of a file from the Debian system to the Windows system.

You can assume a basic Debian system will be available and that SAMBA will be available as a deb package on our server systems or given out on suitable media if the server fails for any reason.

The problem is i have never heard of this before so i am stuck!

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flametonguex

Its not a homework such query i am just wondering if anyone hows any good websites that has this information or if someone could explain it!!!!!!!!! i dont think thats too much to ask for!!!!!!!

Well it seems to me like it is. Look at how the questions are put to the reader. It looks like something from a test paper.

Secondly why would you ask such questions to yourself? You continue by stating "The problem is i have never heard of this before so i am stuck!". Of course you're stuck. You're being asked them by someone else, and in my guess, an educational institute.

If this is the case, then ask your tutor for help on getting this info. Google works wonders and isn't hard to find all the relevant info in no time at all.

Archived