Error when starting computer

Rudeboy2025

Alright I unpacked my computer and installed a internal dvd writer and I turned it on. but when I turn it on I get this message. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong and what I need to fix?

First it gives me all the info about the computer then the last part is

WARNING

ERROR

Resource Conflict - PCI in slot 02

Bus: 01, Device: 0D, Function: 00

Setup Resume.

I'm pretty damn sure I did something wrong when putting in the dvd drive? Can someone tell me what this error means?

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I put the drive in and connected all the wires and turned it on. I never get to the desktop. The error message is on a black background. I click F2 for Resume but nothing happens.

In that case, is it wired up correctly? How many drives are connected to the same cable?

Does it get recognised in BIOS?

I'm pretty sure that it is wired correctly. It is connected to the CD writer and I don't know what BIOS is?

Well depending on what OS you're using, you need to hit a key to enter BIOS and check as to whether the PC is detecting it or not.

It generally looks something like this...

d6ho.jpg

Do not alter anything without knowing what it does, as you can cause more harm than good. So if you don't know what you're doing exit WITHOUT saving.

I'm sure the system recognises it due to the warning message but it's worth a look.

What DVD writer is it? I'll need make AND model.

1. is it setup as a master or a slave (the end or middle plug of the cable)?

2. do you have the jumper on the drive set accordingly (little plug on the prongs)? most manufacters have the default of cable select (auto), but ya never know...might wanna check just incase. the drive should be labeled with the settings, otherwise, check the manual that came with it :dance2:

oh, and another thing when your checking the jumper, make sure it's set to the proper PIN setting of your PC, if the drive supports mutliple pins (you'll know). if it does, just set the jumper to cable select for all the different PIN settings and hope it works...

and have fun working the screwdriver (don't even think of trying to mess with the jumper when it's mounted...pain in the ass) :(

@sam - what kinda mobo do you have, cause it looks like me and you are rockin the same BIOS (if that is YOURS)? :ph34r:

first try to identify the problem causing device ...

so remove the DVD drive and restart to see if u get the same message or not ...if u still get the same message...

remove all additional devices and then connect them 1 by 1....

the resolutions are so late that I think u must have found a fix by now.... -_-

first try to identify the problem causing device ...

so remove the DVD drive and restart to see if u get the same message or not ...if u still get the same message...

remove all additional devices  and then connect them 1 by 1....

the resolutions are so late that I think u must have found a fix by now.... -_-

yeah he needs to make sure its the dvd causing it first -_- make sure you have computer off before messing in the insides.

make sure the ribbon is connected right on both ends. and not upside down and in reverse. is dvd connected to the same ribbon as a harddrive? best to have it on its own ribbon if you have 2 eide conenctions on the motherboard.

make sure the pins where not bend.

@sam - what kinda mobo do you have, cause it looks like me and you are rockin the same BIOS (if that is YOURS)? -_-

Not mine. I got it from somewhere else -_-

Alright I got the thing up and running. Simply got rid of the virus by system restore and installed Windows XP Professional but now I have to find the right serial number because the one that came with the download doesn't work. Thanks for all the help guys. You can close this topic now and the other one called Burning problem.

Archived