Nokia Symbian s40 device problem

rudrax

I have a Nokia Symbian s40 device (Nokia X2). As always you expect, this is also a creepy phone from Nokia. The problem that I'm facing is, when I want to play any music or browse the web through it, it says "494 KB memory needed. Delete some items?". Then I press Yes to delete things but I find nothing user installed that I can delete. I searched the file system with 3rd party File Explorer software but found nothing that can be deleted. Is this a sign of Memory Leak? If yes, then how to get rid of it?

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• dcs18

• iih1

• BETA..

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had this problem in Nokia 7220 . I solved it long time ago there were some file i had to patch by a programme . I know this is not a solution .

are you sure your device, are free from malware, viruses, Symbian usually easily infected by viruses.

are you sure your device, are free from malware, viruses, Symbian usually easily infected by viruses.

Well, that may be a reason but you can't scan device memory in symbian. I scanned the memory card. It's clean.

Have not used Symbian, in ages - so, just trying to recollect:--

Install MOBILedit (I prefer the Forensic flavor) on your laptop

Activate it

Ensure the internet is on, at all times - it auto-downloads stuff pertaining to your particular device

Connect your device through USB

Navigate to Internal Files # 2 on the Phone Memory

Delete Nokia factory pre-loaded bloats that you won't be using

@dcs18, I have inserted those files in the installed directory of forensic and the 'Lite' tag from the title is removed. But whenever I connect a phone, it opens only in 'read-only' mode which means I can't modify anything there.

@software182, yes I always do ensure that my device is up to date.

Edited by rudrax

Update: I did the Hard Reset and it freed up 8 MB of phone memory. Now it works fine.

BUT...

New problem shows up with the SD card. You can't delete anything from it. So far I've tried:

>Scanning with ESET NOD32 - stucks at 0% forever.

>Formatting with windows - stucks.

>Formatting with device - says, 'operation failed'.

>Deleting a file with unlocker - after execting delete command, the GUI vanishes.

WOW, seems like severe infections. Any help?

@dcs18, I have inserted those files in the installed directory of forensic and the 'Lite' tag from the title is removed. But whenever I connect a phone, it opens only in 'read-only' mode which means I can't modify anything there.

Download the Enterprise Edition from the MOBILedit! download site:--

http://www.mobiledit.com/downloads

Use the following replacements:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/25ryrs14l44b5e4/Replacements__(MOBILedit_Enterprise_7.5.6.4317).rar

Haww! That's not it? You'll be eating another 94 MB? Damn, I'll kill you.

How about the memory card? What can I do for it? It is reading good in PC and mobile but can't modify anything. It's a virus and it's not letting it scanned. Tried McAfee Stinger too. It can't scan either. It's a 8 GB memory and I don't wanna loose it. I don't want any data of it. Just want my memory back.

It's a virus and it's not letting it scanned.

If that is all that you want to achieve - then, just detach the SD to a card-reader to be scanned. yXZVmpE.gif

Detach or attach? If that's detach, then how am I supposed to connect that SD card to the laptop without card reader? I don't have a SD card slot built in my laptop. And, if you meant attach, I already tried scanning inserting that into a card reader/SD adapter. But no use.

Edited by rudrax

Detach or attach?

Detach = detach from the cellphone device.

Attach = attach to the system.

But no use.

But no use = expenditure (with 15% Sales Tax.) Z0H7kHA.gif

Ok, now with the Enterprise version, I got the read-only gone and found the Delete option there. But whenever I try to delete something from Internal File 2, I get the following error:

screenshot_1407233633.png

Since your device is under suspicion, of infection - I suggest a full reformat.

Once the device is reformatted, you shall be permitted to reformat the SD, too - suggest installing your apps to the device instead of the SD as otherwise, that locks up the card.

I've fixed the infected device with hard reset, BTW. The one I tried editing with MOBILedit is a clean device. And I tried one of my friend's device too. No luck with any.