6/25 Ad Muncher v5

jasonliul

has switched to adguard since a month so no idea about AM, you can write in their forums about the update issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From http://www.murrayhurps.com/blog/ad-muncher-version-5

Murray Hurps words:

Six years of development?!

Yes, for one simple reason.

The amount of work required to run Ad Muncher as a company, along with the enormous amount of work required by this rewrite, were simply far too much for our revenue to support.

I've bootstrapped for 15 years and if given the chance again, I would have sought funding to accelerate development.

The codebase is working locally but still needs some finishing touches, along with some significant real-world testing. We're confident our beta team (20k+ users) will be eager to assist here.

this is about 2 months old man, already been posted here in the first page.

forget AM now, it's vapourware and move to adguard :showoff:

What is it about these web developers.

They all seem to have an Oriental girlfriend.

As for the developer of AdMuncher, you're a disgrace.

It should had been ready for I.E. 11 before the final build with beta's run out for AdMuncher nightly during alpha and beta testing of I.E.11.

I read the article, so why the clap-trap?

Just release the beta build and we will tell you what we think!

I'm sorry guys to see you all struggle here. :D

I first 'met' this program a long time ago, when the internet was still at a crawling pace. Back then it was innovative and there were few, if any, alternatives. But a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, and today it's more of a reminiscence than a real up-to-web-standards software. Let's face it - it's below par. It's antiquated, and I really have no clue why you keep clutching to it so hard. Laziness or inability to explore alternatives, perhaps?

There are simple and flexible solutions for any popular web browser today: AdBlock in all tastes and sizes with all up-to-date subscriptions, including country-based lists; Ghostery, Disconnect, etc. AdGuard, for those all thumbs... Seriously, this topic makes me wonder. :wtf:

I'm sorry guys to see you all struggle here. :D

I first 'met' this program a long time ago, when the internet was still at a crawling pace. Back then it was innovative and there were few, if any, alternatives. But a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, and today it's more of a reminiscence than a real up-to-web-standards software. Let's face it - it's below par. It's antiquated, and I really have no clue why you keep clutching to it so hard. Laziness or inability to explore alternatives, perhaps?

There are simple and flexible solutions for any popular web browser today: AdBlock in all tastes and sizes with all up-to-date subscriptions, including country-based lists; Ghostery, Disconnect, etc. AdGuard, for those all thumbs... Seriously, this topic makes me wonder. :wtf:

Wow, I have been using the internet since 1991.

Intranet well before then.

Some of us, purchased a lifetime licence.

The program, AdMuncher, is the best add blocker I have used, whence the reason I paid for a lifetime licence.

I think that an author should keep up with the speed and not sit around doing zip.

I think you came and wrote in this thread to mock people concerned about AdMuncher.

Last time I was on dial-up on a Rockwell modem was in 1999 in the 20th century.

I do fibre now, but since 1999, my speeds have been approx. 512k, 2mb, 4mb, 8mb, 16mb and now 40mb.

I am in the 21st century not 20th.

Be a troll somewhere else.

• 5 weeks later...

I have removed admuncher.

Looks like I wasted money on a lifetime licence.

I have installed the adguard 6 months trial and it is great.

So will be buying a long term licence when it expires.

Still there is a problem with Adguard, it stops you reading emails in IE at hotmail site.

They said, ''initiate the WEP driver''.

Did that still the same problem, have contacted them, waiting for a reply.

murray is a fake , a man who doesnt kept is word is an ass hole and should refer as one.

i long time ago remove this AM old crap from my pc and install ad guard 5.10 and it runs and act cool as hell :)

cheers B)

murray is a fake , a man who doesnt kept is word is an ass hole and should refer as one.

i long time ago remove this AM old crap from my pc and install ad guard 5.10 and it runs and act cool as hell :)

cheers B)

I'm gonna give a chance to Ad Guard, let's see whether it's so good or not ;)

Archived