6/25 Ad Muncher v5

jasonliul

They may as well make it free because I been using some type of warez versions of it forever 1st I used a cracked version installer , then I used the PL key , then I used a give away key for one year- now using a cracked version again . I think ABP does much better than Ad Muncher does anyways because many sites have Anti Adblock and there's user scripts that work with ABP to get around there Anti Adblock. I would never pay for an App like Ad Muncher were sites are counteracting it.. some sites I had to white list in ad muncher because it triggers anti adblock but works fine in ABP with user scripts :)

• Replies 111
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard anything new from Hurps. Anyone else?

and waiting and waiting

It used to be that adblock plus just covers the ads, hides them from view. With admuncher it stops the ads from loading in the first place.

If this is still correct then there is a big difference between the two. Malicious scripts won't load with admuncher but will with adblock.

Thats what I've always believed. -_-

admuncher is heaps better, maybe another provider will acquire the software.

Problem with author of admuncher is, he is too slow with updating it to work with IE11.

As long as the daily filters are not stopped updating till then AM is still alive.

except for ie 11 and https filtering, AM still packs a punch by using miniscule system resources and just about under 2mb installed program.

calguyhunk

As long as the daily filters are not stopped updating till then AM is still alive.

except for ie 11 and https filtering, AM still packs a punch by using miniscule system resources and just about under 2mb installed program.

The daily filters are updated by a guy called Jeff based in California. The program itself is written and maintained solely by Murray Hurps (owner and copyright holder) based out of Sydney. Which means the onus of new features, compatibility with new web standards, bug fixes etc. is totally dependent on Murray. If he's not developing the product actively anymore, then it's as good as dead unfortunately. He's recently taken over as the new chief of Fishburners and that's his new day job now. Don't know if he prioritizes AM any more.

As for our beloved Ad Muncher, it will still continue to work for the time being, but without full usability. And as the web continues to incorporate new standards and the browsers keep pace with that, AM will fail to do so, thereby fading into oblivion slowly but surely. ;)

Of course this is all conjecture at this point in time and being a long time AM fan, I do hope that it will continue to be developed, compatibility issues worked out and newer standards incorporated into the program, but with every passing day, I doubt it more and more. :(

If Murray was really serious about keeping AM alive, he'd have incorporated long overdue newer features etc. a long time back - and more importantly, he'd have come out with AM for Android and iOS a long time ago. Because that's where the money's at these days. Since that hasn't happened and we haven't seen IE11 compatibility in two years even on Windows, I have very serious - and legitimate - concerns about the fate of this once great program. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about my assumptions, but I seriously doubt it :nono:

Here's another passion of Murrays' born out of Ad Muncher...

http://www.murrayhurps.com/blog/ad-muncher-piracy

I think he's trying to milk as much $$ out of Ad Muncher 4 as he can then abandon it...I don't believe it has much of a future with the only other comparable ad killer, ie. AdGuard having gained so much ground....I certainly don't believe AD 5 will ever appear.

Maybe turn admuncher to open source and let it go the same way as Mozilla.

• 3 weeks later...

still no sign of "free" admuncher, niether no updates of v5. it seems that too will take years to implement that. seriously how much time do they need to make it freeware

murray should have just announced that AM will be dead like winamp.

Winamp isn't dead, it's updated regularly.

http://filehippo.com/download_winamp

Nullsoft said they were going to update it regularly.

I believe this shit will have an end. It`s all Murray`s talk ! In fact after so many years of development, from a moment to another, just like that, they decide to offer the program ?

Forget ! - all these are commercial tricks... This Murray`s announcement is a complete lie. Those who bought, they can say bye-bye to the money they spent. :P

July is gone and version 5 does not show up this is a complete rip off artist

Seems writer of admuncher is a scammer.

I smell a lawsuit against him.

As this topic slight moved to Winamp found a new version today.

Winamp v5.70 Full Beta 3444

http://fs40.filehippo.com/3531/3947c853dba24375b837416ac6f3f3fd/winamp57_3444_beta_full_all.exe

edit/ seems file hippo got it right and wrong. This version installs then doesn't work as says 4 weeks out of date and send you to a 404.

@Lee you got it WRONG! Why? Because of This : Date added: August 25, 2013 this is the date of the winamp version

Besides people aren't exactly going to look in the AdGuard thread for Winamp....It would need its own thread (unless one alteady exists, then it would need to be added) :)

Eeek, well, I used the file hippo updater, I have beta updates by default and it gave me this version I posted as the latest.

I went to nullsoft and they too are 404.

www.nullsoft.com click the inside link.

So maybe fo shizzle, winamp is brown bread.

Vanishing spray to be used in all Premier League games except those involving Arsenal. Huge risk of Jack Wilshere mistaking it for cocaine.

Did not get updates so far today. Usually get 2 a day. Shit may be hitting the fan.

No updates all day today. I bought my premium version and looks like I'm screwwwwed. Anyone getting updates.

Archived