6/25 Ad Muncher v5

jasonliul

Why do you even need this thing anymore? So many browser addons... The only reason would be if it was really faster than those browser addons, i always have the feeling AdBlock Plus slows down the browsing a lot even though i just use the simple easylist filter.

But seriously, how bad of a developer do you have to be if it takes you 6 years to rewrite your program... Sorry but come on, 6 years!! And again the "new" Admuncher looks very cheap and not really user friendly. I don't think that he will win many new users with this "new" version.

• Replies 111
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it was always free for us anyways, :P thanks to november_ra1n (formerly madeinheaven), Crashbox, Acue, madmasles, Artem40in, Andron1975 and originally, Sl@psh0ckTM (formerly Nivrid05) for starting the first ever AM thread here on Nsane several years ago - the one that brought me here in the first place. :D

This happened to me before with mail washer pro, I paid for a lifetime licence, then a few years down the line they did not honour it, they said, blah-blah-blah about from the bottom up

blah-blah-blah to improve it.

I get the feeling this d00d will then start on another ad-muncher program us mugz will then have to pay for.

That why i never pay for any software coming from small company....

Gentlemen... AM version 5 is a hoax and will never exist. It´s too hard to understand what Murray wants with this "AM Free" bla..bla..bla...? Simple: He quit, it´s over... AM is oficially dead for good.

Actually, AM is dead since the launch of IE11 when the compatibility was never made. And the main focus of AM always was IE trident engine since IE lacks on capable Adblock plugins common in other engines, like so many extensions avaliable for gecko and webkit. AM co-producer Jeff is a top notch lier since for at least last 5 years he is promising the AM version 5 at AM forums. How do some people still believe these guys?? Really...can´t understand. So, again, FORGET THE VERSION 5 mumbo jumbo. Like I said in a previous post, the last hope for AM would be Murray letting it go opensource. But since he is a selfish greedy lier (AM wasn´t actually cheap during its working life) he won´t do that.

Since you are so sure that Ad Muncher v5 does not exist and never will, and that the public demonstration he showed was a fake, I guess

you won't have any issue then betting your account here on it and the admins here can feel free to ban your account if your wrong?

If you know for a fact that you are right, then you will have nothing to worry about then betting your account on it.

Since you are so sure that Ad Muncher v5 does not exist and never will, and that the public demonstration he showed was a fake, I guess

you won't have any issue then betting your account here on it and the admins here can feel free to ban your account if your wrong?

If you know for a fact that you are right, then you will have nothing to worry about them betting your account on it.

How old are you? 5? Bet account...lol

Feel free to believe what you want. Believing on a version 5 since 2008, why not continue right?

How old are you? 5? Bet account...lol

Feel free to believe what you want. Believing on a version 5 since 2008, why not continue right?

Perhaps I was being a bit childish there but what makes you so sure there is no Ad Muncher v5.

I personally believe there is a new version v5 thought it might not be released anytime soon,

that's if development on it ever gets finished and he actually releases it.

"Gentlemen... AM version 5 is a hoax and will never exist. It´s too hard to understand what Murray wants with this "AM Free" bla..bla..bla...? Simple: He quit, it´s over... AM is oficially dead for good."

I'm not so sure anymore....I'm still getting legit premium updates. I see where you are coming from and it makes alot of sense but why would the updates still keep coming?

unknownasphyxiated

I'm not so sure anymore....I'm still getting legit premium updates. I see where you are coming from and it makes alot of sense but why would the updates still keep coming?

well, that one for v4, am i right?

no v5 yet right?

the reason v4 still alive is Jeff

without him, no filter update

i don't think we need to continue to speculate,argue bla bla bla etc etc etc

just need to wait till next month to see if Murray can deliver v5, or another 6 year :P

I can't see it being next mouth when Ad Muncher v5 is going to be released.

I expect it will most likely be the free version of the current Ad Muncher v4 and the licensed versions

including the Buy page will be taking off their site since they are making the product completely free.

Maybe the basic one will be free, hopefully!

i read all the posts and also the AM developer announcement and i still cant get it ... he works his ass off (6 years + - ) making AM v5 , and now when it almsot done he gonna give it for free ????? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

am i missing here something or its just a big fucking Hoax? :D

IF he ever makes it free (the development of V5 is probably on hold while he re-writes V4 with advertisement pop-ups for V5 and other softwares) and I doubt despite his claims it will have the most current lists....He's a canny kind of character....The whole saga is full of the carrot and the stick.

IF he ever makes it free (the development of V5 is probably on hold while he re-writes V4 with advertisement pop-ups for V5 and other softwares) and I doubt despite his claims it will have the most current lists....He's a canny kind of character....The whole saga is full of the carrot and the stick.

talking on lists , who promise US he want remove some lines from his list and let ads/tracking going threw in version V5 ??

i am not sure he can be trusted with all of this shit going around ver 5 ...

Hopefully Premium will remain Premium :D

What? :naughty:

@ Ponting I was one of those miserable people who happened to pay for a lifetime premium license for this subj

Old and new version will be totally free. Only difference apparantly will be a lack of place to insert license code.

I find it confusing. I left a comment and just noticed it's been answered.

Q

Sounds like the end of AdMuncher to me.
Not making money on a product would mean it slowly dies due to lack of funding.
I take it you'll be working on other software to earn a living, and not putting much into the cow.

My lifetime license is now useless then?

Not at all, development will continue, and if all goes to plan then the dev team will be larger under the new arrangement than we could afford under the old one. Please bear with us.

How's that work then? More staff for the free version?

:o I think there's something yet to be told.

He must have at least 5,000,000 paid users, most of us can't stand slow browsing and adverts everywhere, maybe then 10,000,000 paid users, so that is £20 x 10,000,000 per year.

So he must be loaded.

I would be honest if I had made that sort of monies, then I would too give up charging and do it for free.

But, I read in some quarters that he is poor.

Old and new version will be totally free. Only difference apparantly will be a lack of place to insert license code.

Q

I take it you'll be working on other software to earn a living, and not putting much into the cow.

Not at all, development will continue, and if all goes to plan then the dev team will be larger under the new arrangement than we could afford under the old one. Please bear with us.

Having a free product it doesn't mean that you don't make any money from it. Having a free product that is used by 100 000 000 people, world wide, can provide you at least 15 000 $/day if you're doing it by the book.

Q

Having a free product it doesn't mean that you don't make any money from it. Having a free product that is used by 100 000 000 people, world wide, can provide you at least 15 000 $/day if you're doing it by the book.

I will tell you what it can provide fucken ads in it... that what can it provide.

So what if there are ads in it? Wouldn't you agree to that, as long as AM continues to develop freely, and continues to be as good as it has been? :huh: I think some kind of ad system will work just fine. Look at Spotify's free version. If they can profit like that, why can't Hurps? He can always charge a buck or two for ad removal, and people will pay. Plus, he could grant the lifetime users the bonus of a lifetime of no ads whatsoever. First people bi*ched about the price tag, then they started bit*hing about the development standstill, and now, when word has come that both issues will be resolved within a reasonable time-frame, people are still complaining. :wtf:

It's true that a paid license warrants an expectation of reasonable product maintenance, but it does seem to me that it was never (fully) abandoned. I haven't heard of any time when the daily lists were skipped? That says to me that at some point, there was always someone in the offices, maintaining the lists and updates, giving the customers a good part of what they paid for, and the crucial part which made the program function properly. On a side note, many programs, like Look'n'Stop have a dedicated community and a prolonged life long after all development has ceased. Who's to say something similar wouldn't have happened to AM, or won't, in the event of a bust? It is a special program, successful in its own niche.

The internet is still a novel thing, especially when things like smaller companies and software are concerned. What if Hurps had died? Would that be a justifiable reason why the development should have stopped? Or would the company be dutifully bound to find someone else to develop it, due to contractual binds? These questions are all logical, but out of place, because there is no distinguishment between a "good" and "bad" practice. The Web is still too young for things such as this to become established reasoning, and we can't very well expect it to become so during our lifetime. Another example would be what to do with the profiles of dead people on social networks, forums. Until there is a need (or market for it), a solution will not appear.

Bottom line is, I don't like the condition AM is currently in either. But I'm also willing to permit Murray Hurps to feel the same. I'm also willing to believe he is a man, capable of a change of heart. Besides that, I am also willing to believe he is capable of running his business to the ground with a poor business decision. xD

Let's just wait and see.

So what if there are ads in it? Wouldn't you agree to that, as long as AM continues to develop freely, and continues to be as good as it has been? :huh: I think some kind of ad system will work just fine. Look at Spotify's free version. If they can profit like that, why can't Hurps? He can always charge a buck or two for ad removal, and people will pay. Plus, he could grant the lifetime users the bonus of a lifetime of no ads whatsoever. First people bi*ched about the price tag, then they started bit*hing about the development standstill, and now, when word has come that both issues will be resolved within a reasonable time-frame, people are still complaining. :wtf:

It's true that a paid license warrants an expectation of reasonable product maintenance, but it does seem to me that it was never (fully) abandoned. I haven't heard of any time when the daily lists were skipped? That says to me that at some point, there was always someone in the offices, maintaining the lists and updates, giving the customers a good part of what they paid for, and the crucial part which made the program function properly. On a side note, many programs, like Look'n'Stop have a dedicated community and a prolonged life long after all development has ceased. Who's to say something similar wouldn't have happened to AM, or won't, in the event of a bust? It is a special program, successful in its own niche.

The internet is still a novel thing, especially when things like smaller companies and software are concerned. What if Hurps had died? Would that be a justifiable reason why the development should have stopped? Or would the company be dutifully bound to find someone else to develop it, due to contractual binds? These questions are all logical, but out of place, because there is no distinguishment between a "good" and "bad" practice. The Web is still too young for things such as this to become established reasoning, and we can't very well expect it to become so during our lifetime. Another example would be what to do with the profiles of dead people on social networks, forums. Until there is a need (or market for it), a solution will not appear.

Bottom line is, I don't like the condition AM is currently in either. But I'm also willing to permit Murray Hurps to feel the same. I'm also willing to believe he is a man, capable of a change of heart. Besides that, I am also willing to believe he is capable of running his business to the ground with a poor business decision. xD

Let's just wait and see.

do u want ads / tracking getting threw AM to your pc while surffing the web ?? i am not SIR !

All these announcements its been 10 days and no download file is this another year of waiting for the final release

Archived