Picture folders missing.... Need a hand here!

DrNoob

Actually the problem is, I'm getting stuck on using windows system restore, almost half of the year I am looking for a solution to my problem and system restore point will show only this months possible restore point nothing more.

Sadly, all pictures inside my sub-Folder in My Picture (default folder) is gone and what was left behind are my sub folders only, all emptied, I am crying all these what had happened, I call Microsoft Customer Service to find a solution but I'm hopeless. Still I am encouraging myself to dig more for the solution to my problem.

I wanted to restore my system back to where all my pictures are there completely, that is what I am hoping for.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Hope you guys can help me. Thank YOU!!!

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrNoob

• knowledge-Spammer

• Kumar78

• Ponting

Top Posters In This Topic

just reinstall windows

I am sure this won't help in recovering the photos :o

Edited by Ponting

you'd be surprised to learn that the so called "system restore" might have backed up only junk files that you don't care about. it's been like that since it first appeared (windows me i think)

the only true backup is the one you make yourself. DO NOT trust an automatic system (any system) to do work that you should do yourself.

that said, use R-Studio NTFS and see if there's anything left to recover that hasn't been overwritten yet

Edited by VileTouch

Thank you guys (VileTouch, Kumar78 and knowledge), I appreciate all your suggestions and make sense, I think the last option then is to try using Recovery software or Recuva and I will update you guys on the progress.

Airstream_Bill

Thank you guys (VileTouch, Kumar78 and knowledge), I appreciate all your suggestions and make sense, I think the last option then is to try using Recovery software or Recuva and I will update you guys on the progress.

There are a lot smarter people here than me, I do not know which Windows System you are dealing with but if it is Windows 7 and you think that you have a good system Restore Point reboot your computer into SAFE Mode. When your computer is rebooting hit F8 F8 F8 until you are given the option to boot into SAFE mode let Windows load into Safe Mode and then try System Restore Again. Good Luck.

There are a lot smarter people here than me, I do not know which Windows System you are dealing with but if it is Windows 7 and you think that you have a good system Restore Point reboot your computer into SAFE Mode. When your computer is rebooting hit F8 F8 F8 until you are given the option to boot into SAFE mode let Windows load into Safe Mode and then try System Restore Again. Good Luck.

WOW! Smart idea! I will make a try and consider that, but I'm still on the state of collecting ideas before doing it. Thanks for that Airstream_Bill.