Donations Read more... ×
dcs18

"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

nOkialpha

Macrium Review After Using It

• Macrium Reflect Home supports MBR, GPT, and even RAID partitions.The beauty of it is, after you install it, click on Other tasks,then select Add Recovery Boot Menu Option, then choose Win PE 10,that way Reflect adds itself as a boot option so if you wanna restore an image,you don't even need to insert the rescue CD,the computer will reboot into the MAcrium Recovery environment and start the restore
  • The speed is amazing it takes me 23 minute to backup my OS partition and 25 minute to restore
  • Support moving from MBR to GPT and vice-versa.

ref.thumb.JPG.0a423af90a99d01ffc71e08818869432.JPG

• Fix Windows boot problems is available in the Windows PE Rescue media environment.To fix Windows boot problems, start your computer with your rescue media inserted.Then, after a re store or clone, to use fix boot problems.

fixboot-menu.png.8f13b09d2c628c585316dde7bcff5f50.png

Extra INFO : if anyone want to convert system partition from MBR to GPT then use MINITOOL partition wizard PE after that use macrium PE option FIX WINDOWS BOOT PROBLEMS. ffter conversion if you lost your partition then restore partition using MINITOOL then apply macirum boot FIX.

• It is also possible to restore single partition using macrium. This will not effect any other partiton on your HDD. However Windows Inbuilt Tool lack this feature and it will kill other partition.
  • Macrium can compress the disk images up to 40 percent. That means the ability to store more copies of backup.
  • Schedule/Incremental backups feature also available.

At last, Reflect is Necessary software for windows PC.

Will Try Acronis True Image later

Thank You

nOkialpha
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:40 PM, dcs18 said:

Trying out the following 2 different AntiVirus solutions on 2 different systems:

• Kaspersky, and
  • Windows Defender

Try Kaspersky Endpoint Seurity its is great in terms of security and low on resources

I always prefer Endpoint if keys are available.

For more Web Control filter list  goto  https://dsi.ut-capitole.fr/blacklists/index_en.php import these rules

Edited by NokiAlpha
Ops you are already moved to Eset endpoint

Jime234
On 8/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, dcs18 said:

I've got AdGuard and (uBlock + uMatrix) on my system — the (uBlock + uMatrix) combination is awesome . . . . . however, I find AdGuard superior in every aspect (those who disagree might want to try blocking IDM and other such pests from calling home with any other ad-blocker.)

Would suggest having just one ad-blocker operating on your system, at a time.

Ok Sir, I'll purge all other ad blockers

At that price one could build a nice little core i3 system.

IKR ! But IDK why the price of DDR2 is so high now, probably just to mess with me : (   

SSD is the best way to go — however before making the purchase, you might want to confirm whether the SSD port is compatible with the one on your system. The good point about an SSD is that one can always transfer it to a new system (laptop/desktop) when disposing-off the old system.

The pricing of an SSD makes financial sense and also returns maximum bang for the bucks.

Port ?  Well, I'll buy a cheap reasonable one, which most probably is with SATA port. ( PS: its all just hypothetical ! I'm not going to buy anything as I'm still broke ;p  )

btw: I already have one SSD (750evo120GB) in my T410.

And  Sir, can you please direct me to the guides for process lasso and yamisoft win 7 manager ?

Edited by Jime234

jayesh30202

Truecaller: Caller ID, SMS spam blocking & Dialer is now v9.13.6 [Pro]

WHAT'S NEW
Introducing call recording in Truecaller!
Now you can record important calls with just a tap of a button. Just tap the floating record button to record a call.
Try it now and tell us how you like it

Note:
• Call recording is free for 14 days and then needs Premium to continue recording
• Recordings are saved only on your phone

Bug fixes:
Searching a saved contact by company name is now possible
Dual SIM issues fixed for Samsung J7

dcs18
On 8/13/2018 at 8:26 PM, nOkialpha said:

For more Web Control filter list  goto  https://dsi.ut-capitole.fr/blacklists/index_en.php import these rules

For my web control needs, I disable the Web Access module completely and rely heavily on my ad-blocker (AdGuard) which delivers far more granular control — if Web Access on the AntiVirus is left enabled, it conflicts between 2 different heavyweight security programs, both . . . . . vying with each other to block the same threat/s.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:23 AM, Jime234 said:

IKR ! But IDK why the price of DDR2 is so high now, probably just to mess with me : (   

It's all about economies of scale the DDR3/DDR3L are the ones which are in mass production — in future, when consumers start migrating to DDR4, even the presently cheap DDR3/DDR3L will grow costlier.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:23 AM, Jime234 said:

And  Sir, can you please direct me to the guides for process lasso and yamisoft win 7 manager ?

There's no tutorial on either Process Lasso or Yamicsoft Windows Manager.

jayesh30202

Truecaller: Caller ID, SMS spam blocking & Dialer is now v9.13.7 [Pro]

WHAT'S NEW
Bug fixes:
*Search Contact by any order - Full, Half or Middle name
*Make Registration Nudge notification silent (Oreo)
*Call Recording bug fixes

jayesh30202

TextNow - free text + calls is now v5.67.0_RC2

What's New
New features. Improved reliability. Squashed bugs. We never stop working to make your TextNow experience better.
*PassCode* - keep your messages under lock n’ key

Jime234
On 8/15/2018 at 2:48 PM, dcs18 said:

It's all about economies of scale the DDR3/DDR3L are the ones which are in mass production — in future, when consumers start migrating to DDR4, even the presently cheap DDR3/DDR3L will grow costlier.

Ah,  I see.....

There's no tutorial on either Process Lasso or Yamicsoft Windows Manager.

Yet. But you are gonna make one right Sir ? I'll be waiting.....

On 8/16/2018 at 2:14 AM, dcs18 said:

DD-WRT is now 3.0-r36596 Beta

Can I use it on my wifi router ? What are some major benefits (pros & cons) ? 

Edited by Jime234