"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

jayesh30202

[ROOT] Custom ROM Manager (Pro) is now v5.2.2

What's New
- Introducing Adaptive UI v2.0 (Read more at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AvinabaDalal97/posts/2rB6P3mTSfA)
- Update libraries and dependencies.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Bug fixes.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/6/2018 at 12:59 PM, TrojanK said:

@dcs18 Having 43+ posts, I'd have become an Advanced Member by now..that has changed apparently

Yep, again . . . . . without transparency — have made some tentative changes (after a little research — of my own.)

jayesh30202

Jasi Patcher is now v4.1

Changelogs :-
v4.1 (06/Aug/2018)
- When No Animation Is Set In Settings Then Disables Activity Animations As Well.
- Fixed Black Screen And Freezing On Start On Some Low End Devices.
- Fixed Automatic Check For Updates.
- Fixed Automatic Import Settings.
- Fixed Notifications Issues.
- Minor Speed Optimizations.
- Translations Updated.
- Bugs Fixed. 

Truecaller: Caller ID, SMS spam blocking & Dialer is now v9.12.6 [Pro]

WHAT'S NEW

Introducing call recording in Truecaller!
Now you can record important calls with just a tap of a button. Just tap the floating record button to record a call. 
Try it now and tell us how you like it

Note: 
• Call recording is free for 14 days and then needs Premium to continue recording
• Recordings are saved only on your phone

Bug fixes:
• Bug that caused wrong formatting when calling toll free numbers
• If call blocking doesn't work, setting as Default Phone app should fix the problem

Trying out the following 2 different AntiVirus solutions on 2 different systems:

• Kaspersky, and
  • Windows Defender

jayesh30202

WhatsApp Messenger is now v2.18.239

WHAT'S NEW
• Now you can easily record long Voice Messages. When recording a Voice Message, just swipe up to lock recording so you can continue to record without keeping your finger down.
• If you're a group admin, you can now remove admin rights from other participants. Select the admin in "Group info" and tap "Dismiss as admin."
• Group admins can now choose who can change a group's subject, icon and description by going to "Group info" and tapping "Group settings."

Those who prefer the 5.4.0.0 version of Windows Firewall Control (WFC) may want to block the domain telemetry.malwarebytes.com:

G0FsTlv.png

Since I've decided not to upgrade from the 5.3.1.0 which does not report telemetry to Malwarebytes, can't identify the IPs that call home — someone who runs the 5.4.0.0 might want to post the IPs involved.

jayesh30202

Camera MX - Photo, Video, GIF Camera & Editor is now v4.7.181

WHAT'S NEW
- Improved camera performance
- Live Shots can now get shared without watermark
- Fixed flickering camera modes dialog
- Fixed crashes for some effects
- Several other fixes

(Nova Launcher Prime is now 6.0 Beta 1) + (TeslaUnread is now 5.1.2)

WHAT'S NEW

6.0-beta1 Aug 7, 2018
Improved Settings menu layout: Dock options are now part of Desktop, more intuitive settings hierarchy, etc.
Nova Settings are now searchable for faster parsing.
More Adaptive Icon options available, including a new customizable shape.
Option to automatically match folder and app drawer icon size to desktop.
New window styles in folders: choose from windowed or immersive modes.
Folder background shapes now share the same options as adaptive icons: Round, Squircle, etc.
App drawer search bar can now be stylized like on the desktop.
Search bar provider can now be set to Google or Nova Settings by default.
Added vertical or horizontal scrolling options for folders.
Icon resizing no longer requires Nova Prime (but you should probably buy it anyway).

jayesh30202

Tasker is now v5.4.3b.bf

WHAT’S NEW
Comment: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tasker/Te0ZgGcdS2w
- Added ability to directly import from XML files for projects/profiles/tasks
- Allow for user https certificates for HTTP actions
- Ask for permissions right away when importing
- fixed importing profiles from taskernet.com
- fixed crash when exporting project with missing icon
- fixed crash showing overlay scene with no permission

Aqua Mail - email app is now v1.16.0-1204 Final Stable [Pro]

WHAT'S NEW
+ Redesigned Accounts screen.
+ Added HTML Signature support.
+ Bug fixes

jayesh30202

Truecaller: Caller ID, SMS spam blocking & Dialer v9.12.8 [Pro]

WHAT'S NEW

Introducing call recording in Truecaller!
Now you can record important calls with just a tap of a button. Just tap the floating record button to record a call. 
Try it now and tell us how you like it

Note: 
• Call recording is free for 14 days and then needs Premium to continue recording
• Recordings are saved only on your phone

Bug fixes:
• Fix after call crash
• Fix utilities crash
• Add Spanish (Latin America) to the list of supported languages

Hello Sirs !

I installed Process lasso yesterday, but I do not know how to use it, can you please guide me a bit ?

Until now I used to stop startup with msconfig in run, is there a better way to do it ?

I currently have EEAV by @coua on 1 PC and EAV by tnod on another PC, If I turn off "Live grid" "HIPS" or any other option in them, its dashboard turns fugly red and its notification area icon gets a fugly "" mark on it ! is there any way to fix it ?

I use idm for downloads, what is the safest way to activate it ?

And I use win 7, will it be wise to use a tool like WinTools.net to optimize it ?

Thanks !

3 hours ago, Jime234 said:

I installed Process lasso yesterday, but I do not know how to use it, can you please guide me a bit ?

Tell us your prime reason for using Process Lasso and then accordingly, I'll try to post some tips.

And I use win 7, will it be wise to use a tool like WinTools.net to optimize it ?

In my personal experience no other tool optimizes Windows like Yamicsoft Windows Manager.

Until now I used to stop startup with msconfig in run, is there a better way to do it ?

The Startup Manager from Yamicsoft Windows Manager offers far more granularity and is more intuitive than MsConfig:—

9TzBlL5.png

I currently have EEAV by @coua on 1 PC and EAV by tnod on another PC, If I turn off "Live grid" "HIPS" or any other option in them, its dashboard turns fugly red and its notification area icon gets a fugly "" mark on it ! is there any way to fix it ?

I was recently introduced to the ESET Endpoint Antivirus (EEA) by vyzzer — the EEA delivers far more granular control than the ESET AntiVirus (EAV) and can be configured to run silky smooth.

Can't assist with the the ESET AntiVirus (EAV) since I no longer have it on any of my systems — but, are you by any chance, referring to the following Security Alert?

onctGN0.png

I use idm for downloads, what is the safest way to activate it ?

There are more ways than one — the safest ways to activate IDM (or any other software) are the ones where the digital signature is preserved.

GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic is now v17.4.12

WHAT'S NEW
17.4.12:
* fixed showing of traffic info (consistently in notification centre, route info)
* fixed layout in FRW when user has large font
* Real view - manual adjustments of displayed route, when phone is in car holder + improvements + more supported devices
* fixed adding of shortcuts on home screen - android O
* fixed multiwindow crash (android N and O)
* hide speedlimit, when turned off in settings
* fix for sharing location via Whatsapp
* fix for random restart of sygic when low Memmory
* support for Basque TTS - vocalizer

Aqua Mail - email app is now v1.17.0-1211-dev [Pro]

WHAT'S NEW
+ Office 365: added support for Microsoft Authenticator

Nova Launcher Prime is now 6.0 Beta 3

WHAT'S NEW (Aug 10, 2018)

Bug fixes

DD-WRT is now 3.0-r36527 Beta

22 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Tell us your prime reason for using Process Lasso and then accordingly, I'll try to post some tips.

I don't even know what it does exactly, I just want to optimize my system in general, till now I have only learned to put some programs like wfc,Adguard,simpledns, to High priority.

BTW : simple dns crypt does not start with the startup programs, I want it to start up, how can I do it ?

In my personal experience no other tool optimizes Windows like Yamicsoft Windows Manager.

The Startup Manager from Yamicsoft Windows Manager offers far more granularity and is more intuitive than MsConfig:—

9TzBlL5.png

Alright, I'll try it out : )

I was recently introduced to the ESET Endpoint Antivirus (EEA) by vyzzer — the EEA delivers far more granular control than the ESET AntiVirus (EAV) and can be configured to run silky smooth.

Can't assist with the the ESET AntiVirus (EAV) since I no longer have it on any of my systems — but, are you by any chance, referring to the following Security Alert?

onctGN0.png

Oh, silky smooth sounds great, thats all I want Sir !

And yes, thats the fugly red thing, and this

There are more ways than one — the safest ways to activate IDM (or any other software) are the ones where the digital signature is preserved.

Sir, I do not know what that means ! Can you please direct me to that one way(noobway) which I could understand and be able to execute ?

fugly red notification area icon.JPG

MX Player is now v1.10.2.1

WHAT'S NEW
* Optimized the app for faster startup
* Upgraded target API to 26 for better security and performance
* Fixed NTFS storage issues on NVIDIA Shield & MI BOX 3 with android 8.0
* Fixed stuttering of some specific videos on HW+ & SW decoders
* Fixed blank screen issue on split screen mode when screen is locked -> unlocked
* Fixed issues on loading some external PGS subtitles
* Fixed orientation & button selection issues on GDPR, Welcome screens

SwiftKey Keyboard is now v7.1.1.25 Final

WHAT'S NEW
* Support for Android P emoji
* Improved Arabic support
* Improved Urdu support including the addition of the Arabic full stop and percent characters

Fixed:
* You can now flow "I'm" without it correcting to "I"
* Direct image insertion now works in WeChat

On 8/10/2018 at 2:05 PM, dcs18 said:

I don't even know what it does exactly, I just want to optimize my system in general, till now I have only learned to put some programs like wfc,Adguard,simpledns, to High priority.

It's not at all a good idea to change the priority of applications — especially the ones that form a part of ones security system.

BTW : simple dns crypt does not start with the startup programs, I want it to start up, how can I do it ?

Just ensure that all the following 3 DnsCrypt conditions are met — with special reference to the service:

KIg3K79.png

And yes, thats the fugly red thing, and this :

image.png

Alright, I'll post a pictorial on the solution to this particular issue after some time.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:05 PM, dcs18 said:

Sir, I do not know what that means ! Can you please direct me to that one way(noobway) which I could understand and be able to execute ?

Depending on the tools already available on your system, you can use one (or, even more) of the safe following methods to activate IDM — personally, I use the AdGuard and DnsCrypt method:—

You can lookup more of such method in post # 2 — in case your firewall has the capability, you can lookup post # 1 for the detailed procedure.

18 hours ago, dcs18 said:

It's not at all a good idea to change the priority of applications — especially the ones that form a part of ones security system.

Oh, ok, I un install it for now.

Just ensure that all the following 3 DnsCrypt conditions are met — with special reference to the service:

KIg3K79.png

So, it is not necessary to have it with the notifications area icons ?

Alright, I'll post a pictorial on the solution to this particular issue after some time.

ok, I'll be eagerly waiting : )

Depending on the tools already available on your system, you can use one (or, even more) of the safe following methods to activate IDM — personally, I use the AdGuard and DnsCrypt method:—

You can lookup more of such method in post # 2 — in case your firewall has the capability, you can lookup post # 1 for the detailed procedure.

Ok Sir, I'll try on of those !

And

Can I use ublock(add on on browser) with adGuard(program) simultaneously  ?

My build is quiet old now (c2d E7500, 2x2GB PC2-5300 DDR2-SDRAM UDIMM (Dynet)),

and now the DDR2 2x2GBs of RAM is not able to handle my browsing habits on Firefox.
My mobo does support 2x4GBs of RAM and I've searched online for a 1x4GB DDR2, but surprisingly its a rare thing to find, it probably does not even exist ! : (
Has any of you tried to search or ever had 1x4GB DDR2 RAM ?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Jime234 said:
19 hours ago, dcs18 said:

KIg3K79.png

So, it is not necessary to have it with the notifications area icons ?

It's not necessary to have Simple DnsCrypt on your SysTray Notification Area for it to startup with Windows.

Can I use ublock(add on on browser) with adGuard(program) simultaneously  ?

It's possible, I've got both, uBlock and Adguard on my system — however, not simultaneously (they cause conflicts.)

I use them for testing purposes — why would you want both of them on your system?

My build is quiet old now (c2d E7500, 2x2GB PC2-5300 DDR2-SDRAM UDIMM (Dynet)),

and now the DDR2 2x2GBs of RAM is not able to handle my browsing habits on Firefox.
My mobo does support 2x4GBs of RAM and I've searched online for a 1x4GB DDR2, but surprisingly its a rare thing to find, it probably does not even exist ! : (
Has any of you tried to search or ever had 1x4GB DDR2 RAM ?

Thanks.

I have handled single 4GB sticks of DDR2 (UDIMM) RAM — however, that was a really long time ago.

You . . . . . too, can see them at the following link — but, the sight might give you a rude shock:—

4GB single stick of DDR2 (UDIMM) RAM

TextNow - free text + calls is now v5.67.0_RC1

What's New
New features. Improved reliability. Squashed bugs. We never stop working to make your TextNow experience better.
*PassCode* - keep your messages under lock n’ key.

MX Player is now v1.10.3.1

WHAT'S NEW
* Optimized the app for faster startup
* Upgraded target API to 26 for better security and performance
* Fixed NTFS storage issues on NVIDIA Shield & MI BOX 3 with android 8.0
* Fixed stuttering of some specific videos on HW+ & SW decoders
* Fixed blank screen issue on split screen mode when screen is locked -> unlocked
* Fixed issues on loading some external PGS subtitles
* Fixed orientation & button selection issues on GDPR, Welcome screens

22 hours ago, dcs18 said:

It's not necessary to have Simple DnsCrypt on your SysTray Notification Area for it to startup with Windows.

Ok, it will be in the  processes I guess.

I will have to learn Process lasso now

It's possible, I've got both, uBlock and Adguard on my system — however, not simultaneously (they cause conflicts.)

I use them for testing purposes — why would you want both of them on your system?

Well, I have ublock as addon on browsers, long before I discovered Adguard(which is this year) 

should I remove ublock now that I have Adguard?

I have handled single 4GB sticks of DDR2 (UDIMM) RAM — however, that was a really long time ago.

You . . . . . too, can see them at the following link — but, the sight might give you a rude shock:—

4GB single stick of DDR2 (UDIMM) RAM

That is twice the nightmare of a price !! : O  WTF 

If I don't find a sane reasonable pair of   4GB sticks of DDR2 (UDIMM) RAM in the local market, then I believe I don't have any other choice but to get an SSD instead. 

1 hour ago, Jime234 said:

Well, I have ublock as addon on browsers, long before I discovered Adguard(which is this year) 

should I remove ublock now that I have Adguard?

I've got AdGuard and (uBlock + uMatrix) on my system — the (uBlock + uMatrix) combination is awesome . . . . . however, I find AdGuard superior in every aspect (those who disagree might want to try blocking IDM and other such pests from calling home with any other ad-blocker.)

Would suggest having just one ad-blocker operating on your system, at a time.

That is twice the nightmare of a price !! : O  WTF

At that price one could build a nice little core i3 system.

If I don't find a sane reasonable pair of   4GB sticks of DDR2 (UDIMM) RAM in the local market, then I believe I don't have any other choice but to get an SSD instead. 

SSD is the best way to go — however before making the purchase, you might want to confirm whether the SSD port is compatible with the one on your system. The good point about an SSD is that one can always transfer it to a new system (laptop/desktop) when disposing-off the old system.

The pricing of an SSD makes financial sense and also returns maximum bang for the bucks.

Macrium Review After Using It

• Macrium Reflect Home supports MBR, GPT, and even RAID partitions.The beauty of it is, after you install it, click on Other tasks,then select Add Recovery Boot Menu Option, then choose Win PE 10,that way Reflect adds itself as a boot option so if you wanna restore an image,you don't even need to insert the rescue CD,the computer will reboot into the MAcrium Recovery environment and start the restore
  • The speed is amazing it takes me 23 minute to backup my OS partition and 25 minute to restore
  • Support moving from MBR to GPT and vice-versa.

ref.thumb.JPG.0a423af90a99d01ffc71e08818869432.JPG

• Fix Windows boot problems is available in the Windows PE Rescue media environment.To fix Windows boot problems, start your computer with your rescue media inserted.Then, after a re store or clone, to use fix boot problems.

fixboot-menu.png.8f13b09d2c628c585316dde7bcff5f50.png

Extra INFO : if anyone want to convert system partition from MBR to GPT then use MINITOOL partition wizard PE after that use macrium PE option FIX WINDOWS BOOT PROBLEMS. ffter conversion if you lost your partition then restore partition using MINITOOL then apply macirum boot FIX.

• It is also possible to restore single partition using macrium. This will not effect any other partiton on your HDD. However Windows Inbuilt Tool lack this feature and it will kill other partition.
  • Macrium can compress the disk images up to 40 percent. That means the ability to store more copies of backup.
  • Schedule/Incremental backups feature also available.

At last, Reflect is Necessary software for windows PC.

Will Try Acronis True Image later

Thank You

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived