"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys,

Back to use old Private Firewall but I think I did mis-configuration. Please advice since I couldn't download anything. See below

Thank in advance

2017-06-17_125622.png

Have never used Private Firewall but it looks like instead of using the 33 IPs to block only IDM, you might've used them to block the entire computer with a global rule.

Private Firewall - the product has been discontinued. Good enough reason to not use it.

10 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Have never used Private Firewall but it looks like instead of using the 33 IPs to block only IDM, you might've used them to block the entire computer with a global rule.

IDM keeps connecting...I just blocked every single IP's. See add shoots 

2017-06-17_131326.png

Please disregard my previous post — upon closer inspection, it seems like your IDM rule is flawed.

Can you post just the an expanded view of your IDM rule.

1 minute ago, Undertaker said:

Private Firewall - the product has been discontinued. Good enough reason to not use it.

I knew it since 2013 not further develop. But I think its less pop up and good comparison tests of Matousec as I remember. I knew Comodo as Champion

4 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Please disregard my previous post — upon closer inspection, it seems like your IDM rule is flawed.

Can you post just the an expanded view of your IDM rule.

another shoots brother,

2017-06-17_131744.png

2017-06-17_131800.png

2 minutes ago, sirri said:

I knew it since 2013 not further develop. But I think its less pop up and good comparison tests of Matousec as I remember. I knew Comodo as Champion

But that test is also outdated :lol:

Sirri, you rules

10 minutes ago, sirri said:

IDM keeps connecting...I just blocked every single IP's. See add shoots 

2017-06-17_131326.png

First under the IDMallowed rule, tick (enable) the IP box and see if you can input the option for Any.

If that fails to work, re-order the above rules by promoting the IDMallowed to stay above IDMblocked.

@sirri You're only blocking them at port 80, in addition to port 80, you have to block them at port 443 also(especially 169.55.40.5, although all should be added).

Just now, Undertaker said:

@sirri You're only blocking them at port 80, in addition to port 80, you have to block them at port 443 also(especially 169.55.40.5, although all should be added).

There's the Any on the IDMblocked rule — meaning all ports shall be blocked for those 33 IPs. ;)

8 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

There's the Any on the IDMblocked rule — meaning all ports shall be blocked for those 33 IPs. ;)

That Any(*any) is for any local IP/port I think. :think:

18 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

First under the IDMallowed rule, tick (enable) the IP box and see if you can input the option for Any.

BkUuOBS.png

2 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

@dcs18 You are quoting allowed rule, I'm talking about block rule

Her issue is of failure of IDM downloads (Allow rules) not IDM activation (Block rules.) :)

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Her issue is of failure of IDM downloads (Allow rules) not IDM activation (Block rules.) :)

I think she is not able to download anything because of activation problems reflected here: -

43 minutes ago, sirri said:

IDM keeps connecting...I just blocked every single IP's

Otherwise why the mention of 'blocking every single IP'

Let's wait for her to respond and clear the ambiguity :P

sirri, I hope you're aware that you can also block IDM while retaining your Windows Firewall Control (WFC.) ;)

Dear all,

I added 33 IPs to blocking rule using Windows Firewall, it worked at that time, I tried "check for updates" and the checking failed. But after a short period of times, IDM can make contact with 169.55.0.224 and the fake serial pop up appears again.

Funny thing is when I open blocking rule, make change of the path to the exe file (just deleted and add path again), hit OK, IDM check update failed right after that, but when time past, IDM.exe finds the way to go outside by itself.

I'm using IDM trial reset method + blocking IPs via firewall.

Please help me.

rule.png

1 hour ago, joehan said:

Dear all,

I added 33 IPs to blocking rule using Windows Firewall, it worked at that time, I tried "check for updates" and the checking failed. But after a short period of times, IDM can make contact with 169.55.0.224 and the fake serial pop up appears again.

Funny thing is when I open blocking rule, make change of the path to the exe file (just deleted and add path again), hit OK, IDM check update failed right after that, but when time past, IDM.exe finds the way to go outside by itself.

I'm using IDM trial reset method + blocking IPs via firewall.

Please help me.

Windows Firewall lacks the capability to protect your system from ARP spoofing and cache poisoning which is the latest trick from IDM.

You may want to use DNSCrypt, it supplements Windows Firewall and acts as a extra layer of security.

Thank you dcs18.

I think I will try with some third party firewall softwares first, if all fail I will try DNSCrypt as you suggested, since I just want to block IDM.exe process to contact IP from the Internet, not the whole system.

Just dropping by guys sorry  break time for 30 mins... anyway nice updated fix hamano :)... i have another "almost similar "method just modified base on your method to improve it. However,  im still halfway through on the testing process.

Here are my objectives , i just modified in your 1st method not the latest one.... to improve based on my objectives.

1. Your method will always be registered/activated after every install and manual updates.

2.  You dont need ip/dns/fwb/host blocking anymore. If they communicate, let them communicate, it will still retain your activation.

3.  You dont get the nag screen or fake serial anymore. 

4. You dont get  too much contanimation of  the registry and will stop recurrences of it.

5. you can use any key :) ( this is not patching an exe or patching the signatures). See post below  ,  typed key

#1 #3 #4 , almost finish testing that one, the #2 #5 soon ,

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived