[MBAM found 3500+] threats on a device I was fixing....

Blackchildcx

you didn't quite fix your friends computer but you took the money anyway?

Find the rest and finish or offload his personal data and wipe and re install for him or dont take your "friends" money.

Or is it me?

50 Euros? :O 75-100 Euros??

I get 20 Euros per reinstall and i have to give them office and an AV with it :/ Free...

If i have to open the systems and clean/change parts, the service fee maxes out at 30 Euros...

can i come work where Raggd is from? :rolleyes:

Thanks Blackchildcx your real story.. with mbam when it's found a threat serious threat at least mbam required,

told to restart your pc..after that back to normal but myself haven't got the problem threat found cause to BSOD

...it's real malware..and hijacked as hell, since his never have AV no windows updates etc..now your is his hero. :showoff:

Edited by iih1

Well here in Belgium, computershops asks 30 - 60 euro's + an hour.

61 minutes work is 2 hours.

You want a Windows reinstall, give a valid license please.

What no official Windows license?, thats 140 euro for a official Windows license.

Same for Microsoft Office, antivirus and so on...

So when I ask 100 euro, there still beter off then a computer shop.

Also when you bring a computer to a computershop where you didn't buy it from, it will be fixed as last.

In the past I asked also 50 euro, but people still had the nerve to make demands, allways super urgent and this and that.

When they have a problem and I don't pcik up, they call 10 times in 2 minutes, like there's a fire somewhere.

The call whenever they want, Sundaymorning 6 o clock or the middle of the night.

Now when I ask people a normal 100 euro's, they cheap bastards stay away and I only have people who follow my rules.

3 times not following my rules, strike out and get your ass somewhere else for ever.

Then you can pay 30 - 60+ euro an hour.

What its super urgent, then I will charge double because express service.

And suddenly it isn't urgent anymore, strange.

Can write a book of the shit i've experienced with customers.

Now it's my way or the highway.

50 Euros? :o 75-100 Euros??

I get 20 Euros per reinstall and i have to give them office and an AV with it :/ Free...

If i have to open the systems and clean/change parts, the service fee maxes out at 30 Euros...

Have also such people here.

Can make a PC with a Core I7 4770 CPU, with 8 GB RAM and fast WDC Black harddisk for them.

After 3 months, the computer slowly crawls instead of running.

15 toolsbars, 30 programs in system tray at startup, full of adware and other crap.

And never there fault. the newer click on or install crap.

Can clean this all and after few months same story.

Best solution is format and reinstall, but everything on the computer is extremly important (but not important enough for a backup by them).

And they want program x, y and z and they don't have the install files or license.

I ask between 75 and 100 euro now for reinstalling a PC.

In the past I asked also a lot less but then you get people with no respect and for the very low price they start to demand things like must be ready tommorow and so on.

When you ask a normal price, you get only people that know that you have to spend days to fix their PC and show graditude for it.

I have no respect afterwards when I'm days busy installing everything.

They think that reinstalling Windows takes 5 minutes, the rest of the works is done by leprecons at night.

Seen a lot of computers with the same disease, not activated O.S or Microsoft Office. with 0 updates installed, crappy free anti-virus, most of the drivers not installed or the stock ones from Windows.

several remains from other past anti-virus.

All installed by self proclaimed computer experts.

Malwarebytes, Hitman, Spybot Search And Destroy, Emisoft Antimalware, Herdprotec, Combofix, Junkware Removal Tool and ADW Cleaner are the best malware removal tools.

And I mostly remove their harddisk and scan them on my system with Kaspersky and install Eset NOD32 on their systems.

too_many_toolbars.jpg

Include radix anti-rootkit in there to. You want a program that can remove infected threads not just files or processes. I use radix for the most severely infected machines when malwarebytes combofix hitman pro doesnt get it. When I fix peoples computers I charge I did charge thirty dollars (five dollars euro) then I upped it to fifty dollars thirty euro now I charge eighty dollars sixty euro. For friends and family its free Im thinking about making friends and family pay only thirty dollars and if they live a distance five or ten dollars for gas.

I usually take care of programs installed using what in the box first (msconfig task manager and if its necessary use sysinternals programs as a backup). I do highly recommend using radix anti-rootkit its almost not possible to get infected with a rogue antivirus program and it not include a rootkit to help it infect the system now. I use gmer tdsskiller and aswmbr for rootkits before now avast anti-rootkit is hardcoded with gmer technology making it redundant to run gmer by itself for those that dont know gmer is a anomaly based anti-rootkit program where as f-secure blacklight rootkitrevealer and spybot are crossview comparison programs. Using radix you cant go wrong except its a thirtytwo bit anti-rootkit programs doesnt run in sixtyfour bit environment. Most xp machines are thirtytwo bit not sixtyfour bit (I have heard sixtyfour bit xp is trash just like windows vista.

Here is the link for radix:

http://www.usec.at/download.php

The link is towards the bottom click on trial (I dont know why it says trial its not a trial you never get any popups and as far as I know your not limited in time)..

Thanks for the tip, will test it out.

I use Gmer, Kaspersky TDSSKiler and VBA Antirootkit for detecting rootkits.

Also Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes Antimalware 3.x detects rootkits and removes them.

Can make a PC with a Core I7 4770 CPU, with 8 GB RAM and fast WDC Black harddisk for them.

15 toolsbars, 30 programs in system tray at startup, full of adware and other crap.

Best solution is format and reinstall, but everything on the computer is extremly important (but not important enough for a backup by them).

And they want program x, y and z and they don't have the install files or license.

In the past I asked also a lot less but then you get people with no respect and for the very low price they start to demand things like must be ready tommorow and so on.

When you ask a normal price, you get only people that know that you have to spend days to fix their PC and show graditude for it.

They think that reinstalling Windows takes 5 minutes, the rest of the works is done by leprecons at night.

Seen a lot of computers with the same disease, not activated O.S or Microsoft Office. with 0 updates installed, crappy free anti-virus, most of the drivers not installed or the stock ones from Windows.

Malwarebytes, Hitman, Spybot Search And Destroy, Emisoft Antimalware, Herdprotec, Combofix, Junkware Removal Tool and ADW Cleaner are the best malware removal tools.

And I mostly remove their harddisk and scan them on my system with Kaspersky and install Eset NOD32 on their systems.

too_many_toolbars.jpg

Include radix anti-rootkit in there to. You want a program that can remove infected threads not just files or processes. I use radix for the most severely infected machines when malwarebytes combofix hitman pro doesnt get it. When I fix peoples computers I charge I did charge thirty dollars (five dollars euro) then I upped it to fifty dollars thirty euro now I charge eighty dollars sixty euro. For friends and family its free Im thinking about making friends and family pay only thirty dollars and if they live a distance five or ten dollars for gas.

I usually take care of programs installed using what in the box first (msconfig task manager and if its necessary use sysinternals programs as a backup). I do highly recommend using radix anti-rootkit its almost not possible to get infected with a rogue antivirus program and it not include a rootkit to help it infect the system now. I use gmer tdsskiller and aswmbr for rootkits before now avast anti-rootkit is hardcoded with gmer technology making it redundant to run gmer by itself for those that dont know gmer is a anomaly based anti-rootkit program where as f-secure blacklight rootkitrevealer and spybot are crossview comparison programs. Using radix you cant go wrong except its a thirtytwo bit anti-rootkit programs doesnt run in sixtyfour bit environment. Most xp machines are thirtytwo bit not sixtyfour bit (I have heard sixtyfour bit xp is trash just like windows vista.

The link is towards the bottom click on trial (I dont know why it says trial its not a trial you never get any popups and as far as I know your not limited in time)..

Blackchildcx

you didn't quite fix your friends computer but you took the money anyway?

Find the rest and finish or offload his personal data and wipe and re install for him or dont take your "friends" money.

Or is it me?

I told him I will do the whole job for 50´€ more....He sayd its all good and he told me that hes happy...

So I worked bout 4h on the device which is more than enough for lausy 50€..

Blackchildcx

What no official Windows license?, thats 140 euro for a official Windows license.

Also when you bring a computer to a computershop where you didn't buy it from, it will be fixed as last.

In the past I asked also 50 euro, but people still had the nerve to make demands, allways super urgent and this and that.

When they have a problem and I don't pcik up, they call 10 times in 2 minutes, like there's a fire somewhere.

The call whenever they want, Sundaymorning 6 o clock or the middle of the night.

Now when I ask people a normal 100 euro's, they cheap bastards stay away and I only have people who follow my rules.

3 times not following my rules, strike out and get your ass somewhere else for ever.

50 Euros? :o 75-100 Euros??

You are welcome...I take 50 € normal price...But if its a time I dont realy want to do it , cause I already have a 8 hour job, I take 75€-100€.. ^_^

Here in Germany you sometimes pay bout 50€ per hour if You go to PC-shop...And then You have to pay for OS and every single software pro You want...

Maybe I visit the guy again on saturday and fix the rest if he allows it...Dont forgett he told me to stop.. ;)

Edited by Blackchildcx

Blackchildcx

Also Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes Antimalware 3.x detects rootkits and removes them.

too_many_toolbars.jpg

too_many_toolbars.jpg

So if they dont want to pay 50 bucks...they should stick with the slow and buggy device they use...I guess lots of them want You to fix the errors and offer them a bottle of good wine cause its an honor to work free for this VIPs

• 5 years later...
On 5/30/2014 at 12:25 PM, Ragdd said:

What are the rules?

The rules are simple and come to this: "threat me with repect".

- I am not obligated to help somebody, if I do it's because I choose to.

-Call me at normal hours and not 6 in the morning.

Better is to e-mail me instead of calling and tell me with enough info what the problem is.

Telling me the computer acts strange won't help me diagnose the problem.

- I'm not sitting in my chair till somebody mails me or call me, I have a life myself and will contact you back if I have time.

Calling me 10 times in a minute             will only make me ignore you.

- If I give advise, use it, if you don't and you have problems afterwards, fix it yourself.

- I don't work for free, if you think you will get the same quality and cheaper, go there and stay there.

- If you make an appointment, be on time.

Just rules that everybody should use, I am not somebodies slave.