Air wash

Zeus_Hunt

Water prices are rising in many parts of the Globe, and people, on the other hand, become more and more inpatient. For that matter, someone thought at developing a washing machine that does not need water for cleaning clothes, but uses negative ions compressed air and deodorants, making this operation very quickly.

Although we cannot call it a washing machine exactly, because it does not use water or detergents, the new invention has a potential of changing forever the cleaning industry.

Wendy Chua (21) and Gabriel Tan (23), students at the National University of Singapore, are the two creators of the waterless washing machine. They say that they were inspired in building this machine by the air purification technology, which uses negative ions for clumping dirt and bacteria, making it a natural cleaning agent.

The invention is not meant to completely replace the traditional washing. It is dedicated to those who don’t have permanent water access or do not want high electricity bills, being a considerable alternative. The exact power consumption was not mentioned.

The new product has received an award at the Electrolux Desgin Lab 2005 competition, the winners being the fist Asians to receive this award.

More Info

airwash2xh.jpg

I added a better picture - Samurai

• Replies 6
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good. Would like to try it out, but I bet it's expensive!

It is similar to Air purifier which also uses almost the same technology...

As far as I know it should not be that costly to manufacture...

I bet it costs a fortune though ........ :unsure:

:unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet it costs a fortune though ........ :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

slap.gif ...... f6d085ef.gif

Archived