Need your advice, suggestions, coments: upgrading my computer specs

sanjoa

Hi, nsane family. I'm going to upgrade my computer specs (depending if I'm starting a new job in two weeks or not), so I'd like to know what you think, your advice or suggestions regarding the following specs:

HDD: Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 64Mb caché

MOBO: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0

PROCESSOR: AMD Vishera FX 8350 black edition 4.0Ghz

RAM: G.Skill Sniper DDR3 16Gb (2x8Gb) 1866Mhz

VIDEO CARD: Sapphire ATI Radeon AMD R7 250 1Gb DDR5

POWER SUPPLY: Cooler Master V850 850Watt

CASE: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

Thanks in advance for your comments, suggestions or advice.

• Replies 119
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything looks good...just remember to install Win XP. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lmao: :lmao:

• Administrator

My advice to you to wait, cause technology is all about to change soon. DDR4 will be out and 5th cpu gen will be out too. And I don't like AMD at all.

My advice to you to wait, cause technology is all about to change soon. DDR4 will be out and 5th cpu gen will be out too. And I don't like AMD at all.

DDR4 won't be affordable here in Argentina

• Administrator

Lets wait and see the prices. Cause DDR3 will be so down. :)

Lets wait and see the prices. Cause DDR3 will be so down. :)

I'm not a gamer, or programmer. I just do some pics, music or video edition, and browse the net. So, I don't need maximum performance.

May I ask why you don't like AMD at all?

With amd you will never achieve the results that come with an Intel i5 or i7 processor.

XP cant address more than 4 gigs of ram? 16 gigs is overkill for XP

AMD CPUs have onboard memory controller I like AMD...everyone has their own opinion on this forum ...some right in your face about it.

:lol: it was a joke the XP thing. I'm on Win7 Ultimate X64

if it is cold out there where you live go for amd. in a hotter place go all the way for intel. not to mention the speed that comes with intel. :lol:

Intel is more expensive that AMD, but it has newer technology. SSD is not on my list, they're so delicate.

Hey!! I love Win XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

That seems to sound distantly familiar - what was this Windows XP. :think: :)

So you'll like to get hacked and your gf nude pics be stolen and published all over internet :troll: :rofl:

That seems to sound distantly familiar - what was this Windows XP. :think: :)

It was the OS. Replaced by Win7 :P

sanjoa, I'd use Intel instead of AMD and 850 watts - IMO, is too high for your kind of h/w (and work flow.)

sanjoa, I'd use Intel instead of AMD and 850 watts - IMO, is too high for your kind of h/w (and work flow.)

May I ask you which Intel processor is similar to AMD FX 8350?

Would hate to answer that question - because that takes one to a direction that I don't like.

Would hate to answer that question - because that takes one to a direction that I don't like.

:oops:

I'm an AMD user since the earth was flat :P

When you envision a change in a component like CPU - your goal posts change, too (it's a dynamic readjustment.) I mean you will have to re-look your motherboard, too.

Whenever I build my systems - the very first point of consideration is the processor socket (Intel can out-phase themselves, quite fast.) My systems are built around sockets that I perceive should last my Customers at least half a decade.

And now, you make me think to have two computers :P ... one with Intel and the other with AMD

Nah, nah - buy just one, never mind if it is an AMD. My only concern is that you need to look at value for money - I hate benchmarks (they create a desire in your loins for the neighbor's wife.) I mean - buy what you need and not what you want to.

When you decide to buy - don't carry the dough. Do your window-shopping well and you'll get the best deal. Also, at planning stage - have a clear vision with a long horizon (know what that system is gonna be put to use for.)

In my experience, the core i3 meets the requirements of most people - there are very few folks who really need the core i7. If you have lot's of dough to blow - then, it's entirely different . . . . . . . . . . . you can buy the flagship that everyone else desires.)

Even intel pentium G2020 beats AMD FX 8350 in single core performance! Can you believe that? http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-G2020-vs-AMD-FX-8350

This is not entirely true .

When evaluating the performance of any machinery, a "lot" of things are to considered.

After all, a cars performance is not dependent on the performance of one single piston in the engine !

Read here ---- What’s the relationship between CPU clockspeed and performance?

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011/04/ask-ars-whats-the-relationship-between-cpu-clockspeed-and-performance/

@sanjoa

The FX8300 is a good processor. Call it a more bang for buck or VFM expenditure.

A similar intel counterpart will cost more.

Archived