Operation underway to end separatist grip: Ukraine

Matt

• Administrator
Ukraine says operation underway to end separatist grip on eastern town

(Reuters) - Ukrainian security forces have launched an "anti-terrorist" operation to end the grip of separatists on an eastern town, Ukraine's interior minister said on Sunday.

"An anti-terrorist operation has begun in Slaviansk. It is being directed by the anti-terrorist center of the state security service. Forces from all the security units of the country have been brought in," Interfax news agency quoted the minister, Arsen Avakov, as saying on his Facebook page.

Pro-Russian activists carrying automatic weapons seized government buildings in the town about 150 km (90 miles) from the Russian border on Saturday, and set up barricades on the outskirts of the city.

A Reuters correspondent outside the town's police headquarters, one of the buildings seized, said two military helicopters were flying overhead.

About a dozen women, who had been in the building when it was seized, were evacuated as soon as Avakov's announcement was made known.

A group of up to a 100 civilians, many of them elderly women, stood in front of the building, chanting messages of solidarity to the protesters inside, including "Referendum!", a reference to demands for a local poll to be held to determine a separate status for the region.

On the building's forecourt, which itself was barricaded, protesters beat out a defiant tattoo on shields they were carrying.

(Additional reporting by Thomas Grove in Slaviansk; Writing by Richard Balmforth; Editing by Erica Billingham)

• Replies 78
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dMog

• flitox

• gipsy

• AlexCross

Top Posters In This Topic

yea crazyc.... i meant to say thank you form a grateful nation.... now back to the topic...how long before Putin sends in the russian army to protect his totally inocent "citizens" from the evil intents of an illegitimate military action...i mean crap we have people in the USA and canada that think every time they see military truck or plane that the coupe has begun th take over the country but those freaks are quite silent when putin does something real and threatening to world peace

• Administrator

Separatist's ? Pro-Russian activists ? more likely Russian special forces that are storing up the sh!t over there ! We ourselves here in Quebec just kicked the separatist basters out :showoff2:

I see we went from Russia to Canada, Canadian guys. :)

• Administrator

Ukraine tries to clear pro-Russian rebels, reports dead on both sides.

Pro-Russian men stand guard at a barricade near the police headquarters in Slaviansk April 13, 2014. Ukraine's Interior Minister on Sunday told residents in the eastern city of Slaviansk to stay indoors, in anticipation of clashes between pro-Russian militants who have seized official buildings and Ukrainian security forces.

Separatist's ? Pro-Russian activists ? more likely Russian special forces that are storing up the sh!t over there ! We ourselves here in Quebec just kicked the separatist basters out :showoff2:

I see we went from Russia to Canada, Canadian guys. :)

and then back to russia again...us canucks get sidetracked easily...oh look something of interest way over there gotta run and check it out

Typical communist reaction protecting Russian influences.

yeah never the USA and the CIA would do or have done such a thing!

never once have i said that the usa does not do this stuff...but i have said the vocal people never speak a word when russia does it...only the usa and also some blame the usa for what russia does

what are they doing in the ukraine right now...also google the ukrainian famine and ask yourself why that was done by the russians...abuse by russian in the ukrainian people's minds runs deep and is not forgotten so soon despite what you wish to think

what are they doing in the ukraine right now...also google the ukrainian famine and ask yourself why that was done by the russians...abuse by russian in the ukrainian people's minds runs deep and is not forgotten so soon despite what you wish to think

What are the russian doing in the Ukraine right now? Nothing, these are ukrainians (ethnic ukraians and russians) that themselves would much rather be part of Russia than be controlled by the EUSSR backed fascist usurpers in Kiev

yea and i suppose you think there really is an easterbunny too

have fun with this one as i will no longer be commenting on it...find someone else to argue that fantasy with

dMog, It's easy to comment from the other side of the globe. I'm sure that how the Slavic countries are presented to you in mass media is just pure fiction.

Edited by AlexCross

really...you think the russians that took over the buildings are actual ukrainian citizens that were not sent in by and armed and financed and had their planning sessions by the russian military...at the orders of Putin

never once have i said that the usa does not do this stuff...but i have said the vocal people never speak a word when russia does it...only the usa and also some blame the usa for what russia does

yeah i know that, you have already told that a good thousand time here lol. but my comment wasn't aimed at you but at cyberber with his typical commie behaviour....

what is happening in Ukraine, i don't know and i won't know since both side are liars

yeah i know that, you have already told that a good thousand time here lol. but my comment wasn't aimed at you but at cyberber with his typical commie behaviour....

what is happening in Ukraine, i don't know and i won't know since both side are liars

all i know that the saber rattling and political gamesmanship ship playing out by putin with the consequences of a county the lives of all ukrainians is not good for the entire world..and it should even be plain to you that putin is playing games here with dire results no matter how it ends...no matter the fact that both the usa and russia lie about their political agendas also makes no difference to the fact that putin IS in fact doing some bad intent here.... nor should it mean he gets free pass to do so

all i know that the saber rattling and political gamesmanship ship playing out by putin with the consequences of a county the lives of all ukrainians is not good for the entire world..and it should even be plain to you that putin is playing games here with dire results no matter how it ends...no matter the fact that both the usa and russia lie about their political agendas also makes no difference to the fact that putin IS in fact doing some bad intent here.... nor should it mean he gets free pass to do so

Well, sorry to correct you, but what you know is wrong :) I don't know if you know how many countries speak Slavic langauge and where are they situated on the map. if you would study the phenomen, you'll understand better what Putin is trying to do.

Edited by AlexCross

yea he is trying to take over an entire country that does not belong to russia... how can that be justified...

I don't know if you know how many countries speak Slavic langauge and where are they situated on the map. if you would study the phenomen, you'll understand better what Putin is trying to do.

I know about Slavic languages & countries where Slavic are livin' very well. And i know how Slavic (even ukrainian & russian) are different. all our problems are just because we livin' between scylla and charybdis and scilla tryin to show who is the boss to charibds in my Motherland territory.

if anybody didn't understand yet is maybe a start of 3rd world war think about it guys.

so all you know is only one side. what 'our' side (USA/EU) is really doing, we don't know. what is sure is that they didn't like that ukraine prefered to team up with Russia instead of the EU.

when the street overthrowed the power, the 1st thing they did was to pick up all ukrainian gold and move it to the USA....who are desperatly in need of it...

EU/USA will never take the win in the Ukraine, that's Slavic territory, they won't have to deal only with Russia. If somehow Ukraine breaks from that zone, it will be its doom, all their alliances will break at that point, the economy will sink the country in just few months, and then, when they see what's on the other side, those who wanted their "freedom", will go running to Russia, willingly.

Edited by AlexCross

AlexCross

"EU/USA will never take the win in the Ukraine, that's Slavic territory, they won't have to deal only with Russia. If somehow Ukraine breaks from that zone, it will be its doom, all their alliances will break at that point, the economy will sink the country in just few months, and then, when they see what's on the other side, those who wanted their "freedom", will go running to Russia, willingly."

And you know this for a fact because you are Romanian and lived under the terror of a dictatorship over 30 years under the influence of the old USSR. That makes an expert

AlexCross

"EU/USA will never take the win in the Ukraine, that's Slavic territory, they won't have to deal only with Russia. If somehow Ukraine breaks from that zone, it will be its doom, all their alliances will break at that point, the economy will sink the country in just few months, and then, when they see what's on the other side, those who wanted their "freedom", will go running to Russia, willingly."

And you know this for a fact because you are Romanian and lived under the terror of a dictatorship over 30 years under the influence of the old USSR. That makes an expert

I'm sorry to correct you but Romania is a member of the EU for quite some time. Romania is out of the dictatorship since 1989. But we found out on the hard way that the "freedom" we got, wasn't what we expected. USSR has nothing to do with Russia nowadays, don't know why people are making these comparisons.

Edited by AlexCross