My Xbox 360...

Myth

• Replies 23
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes. The Playstation 3 is 2 times more powerful than the xbox 360. I cannot wait for the Playstation 3!

Oh yes. The Playstation 3 is 2 times more powerful than the xbox 360. I cannot wait for the Playstation 3!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, i've seen specs for both and you're wrong. the creator of doom also has said that the 360 is more powerful. he has received the final ps3 chip.

yes, the xbox CPUs are faster speed wise, but they can only process 1 string of code at a time. the ps3 CPU uses 8 cores and can process 8 strings of code at once with a speed loss of only 400MHz or something (it's like trying to compare 64bit to 32bit) :P

plus, xbox360 uses regular 9GB DVDs and ps3 uses 50GB blu-ray discs...so their textures and levels can be ALOT larger and more detailed...

the stats dont lie man :P

edit: actually, it's 3 cores for the xbox, but 8 is still better :(

How about you just get both? Well I am. Already bought the 360 and I'm now gonna save up some money for PS3. Hopefully I don't lose my job by then.

yes, the xbox CPUs are faster speed wise, but they can only process 1 string of code at a time. the ps3 CPU uses 8 cores and can process 8 strings of code at once with a speed loss of only 400MHz or something (it's like trying to compare 64bit to 32bit) :P

plus, xbox360 uses regular 9GB DVDs and ps3 uses 50GB blu-ray discs...so their textures and levels can be ALOT larger and more detailed...

the stats dont lie man :P

edit: actually, it's 3 cores for the xbox, but 8 is still better :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the xbox will still have the better games and graphics...especially considering they have the head start..blu ray technology will have no affect on the 360

the xbox will still have the better games and graphics...especially considering they have the head start..blu ray technology will have no affect on the 360

how does less disc space and processing power turn into to better graphics, ya lost me on that part? :(

as i said before, the blu-ray discs will most likely allow for uncompressed media, where as the xbox devs are ganna have to code decompressors and use system resources to play what's on the DVDs (even more of a power loss). plus, uncompressed textures/videos/etc. will cause the game to have a much more realistic effect (ie. no blotchy crap when you get close to walls etc.) :P

here's a nice article comparing the hardware of both systems...

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453&p=4

...it's a few months old, but they know their hardware. you'll notice that while, yes, the xbox CPU is faster when it comes to individual core speeds. the ps3 cell processor i still faster when it comes overall performance (ie. 1 core handles clipping/physics, another for lighting, and so on) so in the end it's processing ALOT more data than the xbox cpu could even dream of handling. like i said, it's like trying to compare a 64bit CPU to it's 32bit cousins (not to mention 1 of the 3 xbox cores is piped and dedicated to the GPU so it's really only a 2 core system) :P

I really want an X-Box 360, but I have no chance. They've been sold out in Reserves at Game and HMV, GameStation and more I tried my best but nope, and I've seen on e-Bay, it's like $1000 for the console lol.

just go to best buy and something and put one on reserve, i do it all the time for new stuff :P

if they say you cant reserve one, put it on lay-away, then just come in and pay the rest off after they get a new shipment (usually every week) :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how does less disc space and processing power turn into to better graphics, ya lost me on that part? :P

as i said before, the blu-ray discs will most likely allow for uncompressed media, where as the xbox devs are ganna have to code decompressors and use system resources to play what's on the DVDs (even more of a power loss). plus, uncompressed textures/videos/etc. will cause the game to have a much more realistic effect (ie. no blotchy crap when you get close to walls etc.) ;)

here's a nice article comparing the hardware of both systems...

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453&p=4

...it's a few months old, but they know their hardware. you'll notice that while, yes, the xbox CPU is faster when it comes to individual core speeds. the ps3 cell processor i still faster when it comes overall performance (ie. 1 core handles clipping/physics, another for lighting, and so on) so in the end it's processing ALOT more data than the xbox cpu could even dream of handling. like i said, it's like trying to compare a 64bit CPU to it's 32bit cousins (not to mention 1 of the 3 xbox cores is piped and dedicated to the GPU so it's really only a 2 core system) ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like i said, time will tell. games like killzone and sonic for the ps3 already look like ass.

like i said, time will tell. games like killzone and sonic for the ps3 already look like ass.

and as the article i linked to said, the first few games for both systems will only be using one core/program-thread, like most games atm (which the ps3 will obviously lack on). but once developers start taking FULL advantage of the multi-threading and the CPUs are actually running at 100%, the xbox360's day is done. so, yes, time will tell :P

don't get me wrong tho, im not saying the xbox360 completely sucks or anything. like right now, i wanna play the new perfect dark, but me being broke atm kinda prevents me from doing so. but, the ps3 would just have to be my first pick if i was at a store having to decide between the two ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and as the article i linked to said, the first few games for both systems will only be using one core/program-thread, like most games atm (which the ps3 will obviously lack on). but once developers start taking FULL advantage of the multi-threading and the CPUs are actually running at 100%, the xbox360's day is done. so, yes, time will tell :P

don't get me wrong tho, im not saying the xbox360 completely sucks or anything. like right now, i wanna play the new perfect dark, but me being broke atm kinda prevents me from doing so. but, the ps3 would just have to be my first pick if i was at a store having to decide between the two ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, i totally thought you were bashing the 360. my fault lol

Looks good enough though I still like the PlayStation line better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the sales of the ps3 will not dissapoint. however, i do feel the console itself will dissapoint the fans of playstation.

Have u looked at the console? It looks like shit in my opinion.......... But hopefully the controller will fit the hand better.

But yeah, PS3 is going to own XBox. The only thing XBox has over the PS3 is that XBox was released during the holiday season (and released first). But thats all marketing techniques..

yes, the xbox CPUs are faster speed wise, but they can only process 1 string of code at a time. the ps3 CPU uses 8 cores and can process 8 strings of code at once with a speed loss of only 400MHz or something (it's like trying to compare 64bit to 32bit) :D

the stats dont lie man :wub:

edit: actually, it's 3 cores for the xbox, but 8 is still better :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Ps3 is going to be way better plus who makes more games? Playstation 2 so ps3 will be the best out for now.

nsane is heard a rumer that PS3 is going to have a 50 gb hard drive in it ? Is that true?

Also how can use use that space can you load music on there os you can listen to it while your playing your game insted of using the music on the game?

EDIT!!

I was looking at Cheat cc and i found some good specs on the ps3

http://www.cheatcc.com/ps3/rev/ps3_system.html --> PS3 With a REmovable 160gb HDD

the HDD will be optional, so you'll have to buy it seperately, and you should be able to use it for music and stuff...there's no point in a HDD otherwise :wub:

Gunna show us some pictures of the 360 in action? I wanna see graphics-wise, I'm tempted to fork out some Christmas money to buy one :wub:

Archived