Thanks Posts

shought

StealthyBoi

Hopefully the "Like / Thanks" button will improve our signal-to-noise ratio throughout the forum and rid of those "Thanks for the updates" post.

I was one of those people before so yeah, I'm a hypocrite but I also feel guilty for doing such a thing.

Interestingly, just yesterday looking at a program replies, I saw nothing but "thanks". Which added nothing of value outside of supporting the product.

I was then going to suggest just such a "button". Afraid of the backlash, I didn't.

Its great that now its implemented. So when I now see replies, I know there is more info being posted.

Its not something New that has been introduced . This system was already there, with clear instructions in the existing board rules too !

But, this thread had to be started --

>to ascertain the importance of this rule,

>to let the members unknown to this thing get acquainted,

>to re-remind the members who already knew this.

And this is thanks to some few members who literally r@ped the threads with useless and crappy "Thanks for the update" posts .

Forum01.gif

I have always used the like button to thank people for their posts rather than clutter the thread with "thank you".

Blackchildcx

it will reduce traffic, but also other important things....

for me its ok...There are other ways to say something...

not always thanx for the ....

Edited by Blackchildcx

I personaly like to have pepole wright it out "Thanks" it is moore sincere.

when i see these thanks...i know somting good is goiing Down...that i might want to partake in

It is what it is.....but i think this is moving in the wrong Direct...just my opinion, it dosent matter.

Edited by Son-of-Sam

What is the maximum number of like/thanks allowed per day?

So I am using this methed "like/thanks" and now i get this!

mkapz.png

so I would say that the number is some were around....10 149ttmd.png

Edited by Son-of-Sam

SnakeMasteR

Thanks for the post, now i need to change my posting style to "Hey, it doesn't work" to get my postcount up. :troll:

Decision delayed but not denied..shake.gif

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Ok :thumbsup:

Well noted, have been wondering why this not have been notifyed long time ago. Same thing have been done in all other forum to long time ago :D

@child

One thing more..... If possible.... If I want to see all the people who thanks, How can I see?

Just click on "others" and the whole list will appear ;)

Although it's always been implied as a sort of general attitude, it's nice to have this officially endorsed by the guidelines. Kudos!

I think mods need to send users who still write "Thanks" and stuff a "wake up call " , some may miss the red line link (like me for some time :D ).

So many members were saying thanks just to boost their post count up and become VIP or whatever. There would be a whole page of threads with the same person showing as the last poster. You know full well they aren't using all the software in the posts. Like 4 thanks for different AV's :rolleyes:

I would love to see all those post counts reduced and the members named and shamed :lol: Would be pretty funny. :D

Love the notice at the top of forum. No one can miss this now B)

Thanks shought.

I've been pushing that button for some days.

(Tho 4 years a member 49 posts makes me look like a big leecher, doesn't it ? 46 posts :)

Edited by mariacanet