Thanks Posts

shought

dcs18 use also the report button so the moderator can see how repeatedly he uses the thank you post , I think most of his posts are thamk you posts, something gotta be done about this.

dcs18 use also the report button so the moderator can see how repeatedly he uses the thank you post , I think most of his posts are thamk you posts, something gotta be done about this.

Yep, had also reported that post before taking this screenshot. :yes:

So just to clarify, he's broken the new rule 3 times, once on the 30th of May and twice today amirite, so the hysterical picture used does not really tell things like they are, amirite?

Just to clarify, it is thrice - not three times

and

Am I right? - not amirite.

Nitpicking, however your picture didn't convey what the real story was, you'd make a good tabloid editor, ever thought of joining National Enquirer?

And it should be on 3 occasions, however I'm sure informal English is perfectly acceptable :)

and

Nitpicking, however your picture didn't convey what the real story was, you'd make a good tabloid editor, ever thought of joining National Enquirer?

Nitpicking!!!

It could become nut-picking one of these days.

The real story is that an offense committed thrice is hysterical in your eyes instead of serious enough.

Edited by dcs18

and

Nitpicking!!!

The real story is that an offense committed thrice is hysterical in your eyes instead of serious enough.

Offence* I'm English :) .....The offenses (sic) are probably not serious enough to most users to even report, even if they do they probably are not so motivated that they need to make a post complete with an accompanying picture...Mountains out of Molehills, go XP!

Edited by clubhouse

and

Nitpicking!!!

Offence* I'm English :) .....The offenses (sic) are probably not serious enough to most users to even report, even if they do they probably are not so motivated that they need to make a post complete with an accompanying picture...Mountains out of Molehills, go XP!

Thanks for the invitation. But sorry - I don't think I care to join your XP FanClub.

By the time you guys manage to write a line of post in your XP - my OS has already done snapping a screenshot, uploading it to a 3rd party host and reporting the same.

and

Nitpicking!!!

Thanks for the invitation. But sorry - I don't think I care to join your XP FanClub.

By the time you guys manage to write a line of post in your XP - my OS has already done snapping a screenshot, uploading it to a 3rd party host and reporting the same.

See now you're making an ASSumption, I don't use XP, however I don't have a problem with those that do. I don't see the need to try and demean them. if they are happy as things are good for them....Now me?...I use Windows 7 x32. perfectly happy with it..No amount of your bleating will change that, in short you're powerless...Now be a good chap, go write a tutorial that has some new and previously unheard of, or unknown tips that will change the world of computing.

and

Nitpicking!!!

See now you're making an ASSumption, I don't use XP, however I don't have a problem with those that do. I don't see the need to try and demean them. if they are happy as things are good for them....Now me?...I use Windows 7 x32. perfectly happy with it..No amount of your bleating will change that, in short you're powerless...Now be a good chap, go write a tutorial that has some new and previously unheard of, or unknown tips that will change the world of computing.

I don't care what you use or misuse - do you have anything else to howl about on the topic in hand?

You can take your off-topic garbage like XP, Windows 7 (x32) and the happiness it brought into your life, tutorials, tips, etc., etc to another relevant thread.

And you squire can go off to chat licking your wounds and call me a troll like the last time, remember, I'm not a naive teenager who hangs on every word you say, you're a bully and a know-all-it all...And I'm always here to point it out, live with it....For now?....I'm out, rage on :)

Edited by clubhouse

Yeah good, get lost - latch on to someone your own size.

Edited by dcs18

Want to pick on someone, try me.

Both of you, just behave. Please.

Now a days, this PHP Mod has become de facto on the the forums. Have been using it here as well. ;)

Thanks for the update!

Oh yeah - your first reputation from me, for the most on-topic post!!! :)

Way to go - you are just 749 posts short of being promoted to a ViP (all the best.)

• 2 weeks later...

On "the wall of shame" - there are members here on nsane who contribute daily with new and exciting content that keep us all moving and returning to this site. They are the lifeline of nsane. There are those members (to which group I'd like to count myself in) who don't contribute in such an active way, but try to talk only when having a useful and relevant thought that someone might find helpful or insightful. It's my opinion that if you can't invest as much time actively helping the community, you can at lest turn your internal filter on and ask yourself, Do I really need to post this? Both of these groups got their post count the hard way, by pacing their replies with their free time, their current situation, and current interests.

Being online for an hour and stacking up 30+ posts on thanking the new software someone has spent time posting on defaces the process, and belitles the poster - if you have a sea of generic replies, it's like having none at all. It's the equivalent of cheating in-game, and shouldn't be allowed. And now it isn't allowed, and some people still can't help themselves. It seems to me that we need to translate the instructions into several languages, that's the only justified reason some people didn't get it after 8 pages worth of debate. If an inexperienced reader of English skims the first page, he might get the impression that it's just a description of why the button is no longer just like.

Either that or the world is doomed because people are incapable of following one simple and logical rule. :wut: :wut:

• Thanks 2

I will do as commanded..! :P

Finally you've learned to speak proper English! Good, keep it up.

• 3 weeks later...

so what about "nice/good job/ good post " ? :P

"when thanking another member or showing your appreciation in any other way"

;)

well then haven't all the members broken the rule then i guess? :P