[UPDATE]-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea after the Flight Vanishesd with 239 passengers .

shamu726

I never travelled by plane, but from what I know, the pilots room is sealed, I think that it's imposible for someone to gain acces to it, from what I read about planes, there are 2 doors that are sealed, 1 is the staff room, the second one is after the staff room. so If a passenger wanted to reach the pilots, they had to go through 2 sealed rooms. I don't think that in this case is about terrorists, weren't they checked for explosives and weapons when they went throught the airport gate?

Edited by AlexCross

• Replies 147
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shamu726

• nanana1

• dMog

• ffi

Top Posters In This Topic

I never travelled by plane, but from what I know, the pilots room is sealed, I think that it's imposible for someone to gain acces to it, from what I read about planes, there are 2 doors that are sealed, 1 is the staff room, the second one is after the staff room. so If a passenger wanted to reach the pilots, they had to go through 2 sealed rooms. I don't think that in this case is about terrorists, weren't they checked for explosives and weapons when they went throught the airport gate?

Agreed ! Don't think it is any terrorists attack. Don't know about the 2 sealed rooms but pilots and co-pilots need to eat and use the toilets too. ;)

Well, it's just a miss translation, when I said sealed, I mean that has multiple layers of security, it cannot be open by others than the pilots, staff member can't open the door from the outside.

[6:29pm]: Interpol has identified second passenger who used stolen passport to board MH370. He is also an Iranian, named Delavar Syed Mohammad Reza, born on 21 Sept 1984.

Interpol Secretary General stressed that both identities were based on the information on the Iranian passports they used to enter Malaysia on Feb 28, and asked the media and public to help confirm if the information was true.

He added that neither of the Iranian passports were listed on the Interpol database as stolen or missing, which is why they would not have triggered any red flags.

very few airports actually have >security< as you have never traveled here is something enlightening for you....very small countries don;t even try to hide the fact that they don't even pay lip service to security... i have seen people jump lines and completely bypass the check in or check out of countries.. xray machines unmanned but we still has to place out bags on the machine... custom officers so overwhelmed by the amount of tourists they were basically blindly rubber stamping every person for hours on end going and out of their station...the mosr security i have seen in some countries is we had to take off our shoes before checking our bags....and sometimes only if out flight was landing in the usa

Maybe but those security layers are useless if they're not utilized. Why force their way in when they just get the pilots to invite them into the cockpit? :rolleyes:

A CO-PILOT at the controls of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 invited a Melbourne tourist and her friend into the cockpit where he smoked, took photos and entertained the pair during a previous international flight.

In a worrying lapse of security, it’s been revealed pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid and his colleague broke Malaysia Airline rules when they invited passengers Jonti Roos and Jaan Maree to join them in the cabin for the one-hour flight from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur.

Ms Roos, who is travelling around Australia, told A Current Affair she and Ms Maree posed for pictures with the pilots, who smoked cigarettes during the midair rendezvous.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/missing-flight-mh370-copilot-entertained-melbourne-woman-and-friend-on-a-previous-international-flight/story-fni0fiyv-1226851038856

Edited by shamu726

very few airports actually have >security< as you have never traveled here is something enlightening for you....very small countries don;t even try to hide the fact that they don't even pay lip service to security... i have seen people jump lines and completely bypass the check in or check out of countries.. xray machines unmanned but we still has to place out bags on the machine... custom officers so overwhelmed by the amount of tourists they were basically blindly rubber stamping every person for hours on end going and out of their station...the mosr security i have seen in some countries is we had to take off our shoes before checking our bags....and sometimes only if out flight was landing in the usa

I have never been to Malaysia but security in neighbouring Singapore and Bali seemed very tight, unlike for instance security in Cape Town, Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo

I miss the time when I was younger when we could have a look in the cockpit and chat with the pilots though :( or the time I and some mates went on a diving trips, one of my friends had packed his knife (a huge at least 30 cm knife with serrated edges) in his hand luggages, the security picked it up on the x-ray, got it out of the bag and asked him what that thing was, upon which he answered my diver's knife, they looked at him and handed the knife back and cleared the luggage...

Edited by ffi

NeowinMOD™

Something tells me that they will use this aircraft to make next terrorist attack against the US, I'm not sure though. Just guessing.

Something tells me that they will use this aircraft to make next terrorist attack against the US, I'm not sure though. Just guessing.

this aircraft has crashed in the ocean debris has already been found

Edited by dMog

:huh: what debris? who found what where? give sources. from what i've read, none of the debris and oil slicks spotted so far have proved to be linked to the disappearance.

Edited by shamu726

:huh: what debris? who found what where? give sources. from what i've read, none of the debris and oil slicks spotted in the South China Sea or Malacca Strait so far have proved to be linked to the disappearance.

news reports of of floating debris that could possibly be part of an interior door...read it on one of the news sites yesterday but it was unconfirmed...also there would not be very many big pieces floating... sometimes it can take up to two years to find the black boxes when a plane crashes in an ocean

Oh u mean this?

353crash-300x0.jpg
Not connected to plane. So far every debris has been dismissed as unrelated to the plane.
The area is a busy place with lots of ships, so stuff will be found on the ocean surface. But nothing related to MH370 so far.
Fact of the matter is, while it probably did crash somewhere, NOTHING has been discovered yet and so NOTHING can be said with certainty.
Edited by shamu726

Vietnam scales down search for missing Malaysian jet

(Reuters) - Vietnam said on Wednesday it was scaling back the search in Vietnamese waters for a Malaysian Airlines jetliner missing for four days, a senior Vietnamese official said.

"We still have plans to search with a few flights today, while other activities are suspended," Deputy Transport Minister Pham Quy Tieu, who heads the Vietnam search, told reporters.

Tieu said searches by ships were being suspended.

He said Vietnam had asked Malaysian authorities for information about reports that the plane, carrying 239 passengers and crew, had changed direction after its last known contact on Saturday but it had yet to receive any response.

Earlier on Wednesday, the head of Malaysia's air force denied making comments that the Malaysian military had last tracked the plane far to the west of its course over the Strait of Malacca.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/12/us-malaysia-airlines-idUSBREA2B03Y20140312

The sources from where i'm reding it, says:

There have been a few glimmers of hope, but so far no trace of the plane has been found.

They could have just landed somewhere on the ground, forced landing and not in the ocean. Just look left of the Malacca Strait on the map, if the plane landed there, nobody could see and hear it. So why they are so sure the plane crashed into the ocean?

Why they don't get any signal from the black box? I do think too that, this will became the next American thing.

Edited by AlexCross

Vietnam back in the search again

(Reuters) - The search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner expanded on Wednesday to cover an area stretching from China to the Andaman Sea, with authorities no closer to explaining what happened to the plane or the 239 people on board.

Vietnam briefly scaled down search operations in waters off its southern coast, saying it was receiving scanty and confusing information from Malaysia over where the aircraft may have headed after it lost contact with air traffic control.

Hanoi later said the search - now in its fifth day - was back on in full force and was even extending on to land. China also said its air force would sweep land areas, although it did not specify where.

"We are expanding to the east of the expected route of the flight and on land," Lieutenant General Vo Van Tuan, Vietnam's deputy army chief of staff and spokesman for its search and rescue committee, told reporters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/12/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140312

Oh u mean this?

353crash-300x0.jpg

It's very similary to what I found in google map in this location: 8.577605, 106.088875 (Satelite view)

They made it look more dramatically, these are the signs of a cover-up.

Edited by AlexCross

noticeably very quiet in all this...Iran....I wonder why.... and i also wonder why all the conspiracy theorists refuse to talk about how this country sponsors terrorism as government policy and choose instead to blame every damn thing wrong in the world on the usa...there the can of worms is now opened...don't tet it get too stupid in here now

What are you talking about? Do you think that someone woke up in a morning and said, "Hey, let's terrorize the US!", just like that? Why US and not any other place on this planet, they had where to chose from.

When you want the bees' honey and stick your finger in their hive, you'll get stung.

Edited by AlexCross

noticeably very quiet in all this...Iran....I wonder why.... and i also wonder why all the conspiracy theorists refuse to talk about how this country sponsors terrorism as government policy and choose instead to blame every damn thing wrong in the world on the usa...there the can of worms is now opened...don't tet it get too stupid in here now

The USA is known internationally for sponsoring terrorism. I know that the USA loves to believe otherwise, but how about this. In the Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution it says: "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." Let me ask you about Guantanamo Bay? Hardly an example of freedom and democracy or of a fair justice system.

As for Iran, hardly a saint, I agree. But for Uncle Sam to say, terrorist, well, pot calling kettle black? Iran is a democracy now, and they have an elected president. Is it a true democracy? Perhaps not, but the USA can hardly be any judge. Some examples, George Bush, lied to go to war with Iraq. NSA, spying on millions of their own people. Massive invasion of freedom and civil liberties, even the ACLU agree with me here. In short, the USA has lost a bit of it's 1950's "land of the free and home of the brave". I am not a "conspiracy theorist," but I believe that the USA has lost a few points of it's credibility.

Adding to the confusion, Indonesia air force Col. Umar Fathur said the country had received official information from Malaysian authorities that the plane was above the South China Sea, about 10 nautical miles from Kota Bharu, Malaysia, when it turned back toward the strait and then disappeared. That would place its last confirmed position closer to Malaysia than has previously been publicly disclosed.

UPDATE [6:14pm]: Acting Transport Minister Hishamuddin Hussein and other officials just concluded a press conference with the media. It was an intense affair, with the media far more aggressive than they had been before.

Here are some highlights from what transpired:

Q: Will search and rescue ops now move to search and recovery ops?
A: Search and rescue will continue. We still have hope.

Q: There is a lack of transparency and communication. What is Malaysia hiding?
A: What we are going through is unprecedented, not easy coordinating with so many countries, so many vessels (and such a) vast area. We will never give up hope, we owe this to the families.

Q: Did the aircraft turn back?
A: There is a 'possible' turnback. Why 'possible'? Because we are trying to corroborate with all radars, including civil radars. We have been very consistent in what we have been saying in the last few days. The target disappeared at 1:30 in the morning. Primary radar didn’t pick it up at that point in time. Defence primary radar was analyzed same day. Indication of possibility of air turn back. That’s why search was conducted in Straits of Malacca.
The last plot was at 02:15, 200miles northwest of penang. But doesn’t give identification of aircraft. Full story here.

Q: You don’t seem to know what's going on. This is utter confusion.
A: I don’t think so. It’s only confusion if you want to see it as confusion.

Q: What about Boeing 777 warnings about fuselage? Are you confident about structural integrity?
A: The aircraft is airworthy.

Q: This specific plane?
A: Have to check. But this (that all aircraft be airworthy) is a policy.

Q: What about the conflicting information on the five passengers?
A: The five passengers were on board. No baggage offloaded. Those that booked that didn’t arrive were replaced from reserve (standby) list. Four didn’t turn up. Standby passengers replaced four that didn’t turn up.

On the search of unidentified aircraft, here's what they had to say:
A: The military sat down to think of areas to expand the search. We were baffled that there were no distress signals. So we decided that we should review if our air defense radar tracked this aircraft. When we looked at teh recordings, we looked at if there was a possibility the aircraft turned back. We're not sure if same aircraft, but it's in same area. We didn't track it in real time. we saw recording of data.

Q: How long with search and rescue last?
A: We won’t stop operations until we find the aircraft.

Q: Why didn't fighter jets intercept the UFO?
A: To radar operators, it is a trail of a civilian aircraft going north and not classified as hostile.

Q: What about allegations that co-pilot allowed passengers into cockpit in previous flight?
A: It is against company policy. We are against any acts which will compromise the safety of the aircraft.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force

(Reuters) - Malaysia's military has traced what could have been the jetliner missing for almost five days to an area south of the Thai holiday island of Phuket, hundreds of miles from its last known position, the country's air force chief said on Wednesday.

After a series of at times conflicting statements, the latest revelation underlined that authorities remain uncertain even where to look for the plane, and no closer to explaining what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 or the 239 people on board.

The flight disappeared from civilian radar screens shortly before 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, less than an hour after taking off from Kuala Lumpur, as it flew northeast across the mouth of the Gulf of Thailand bound for Beijing. What happened next is one of the most baffling mysteries in modern aviation history.

Malaysian air force chief Rodzali Daud told a news conference that an aircraft was plotted on military radar at 2:15 a.m., 200 miles northwest of Penang Island off Malaysia's west coast.

It was not confirmed that the unidentified plane was Flight MH370, but Malaysia was sharing the data with international civilian and military authorities, Rodzali said.

"We are corroborating this," he added. "We are still working with the experts, it's an unidentified plot."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/12/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140312

To much confusion surrounding this missing flight - the search area has now been extended to 27,000 sq nautical miles - to put that in perpective, thats 10x the search area size of the AF447 that disappeared over the Atlantic in 2009 .

Considering the B777 was only in flight for approx 1hr and then lost radar contact @ 35,000 feet, either:

1.A bomb on board exploded - if so, then look in a smaller area of the sea close to last reported position and then expand

the search area .

2.A sudden decompression wouldn't turn off the Transponders or other communication equipment ,

3.The aircraft could possibly have been hijacked but that initself will not turn off ALL Comms .

4.If there was total electrical failure, there is a back-up system totally independant of the primary system .

5.If there was total engine failure (2x engines) that wouldn't prevent communications.

The link below shows the exact flight path, taken from FlightRadar24, a web based flight tracking site - it shows the

Actual flight MH370

It seems to me that there is a total lack of skills and equipment in that part of the world (and no doubt in other places too)

Perhaps somebody from the US or Europe should take over and run the operation

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh370/#2d81a27

Why u want start a "Bash Iran" topic here, I have no idea. In the case of MH370 disappearance, agencies with much more smarter people than u and I have decided that the two Iranians on that plane were not affiliated with terrorists and were just another two unfortunate souls.