6600GT AGP Stock Fan

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I have had my 6600GT for quite some time now and have finally got fed up with the loud stock fan it comes with.. A lot of people recommended me to get a 'Zalman VF700-Cu' but after checking it out I realized it probably is not the best option knowing that the 6600gt is slightly smaller and so the fan grill comes out a good 33mm also it may be caused to make the VideoCard 'Unstable'. And as good as it is since I have a 'Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED Pure Copper Base' for my Motherboard...

So yeah I was just wondering what is a better alternative for my to replace the stock fan that came with my XFX Nvidia 6600GT (AGP), thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Readers,

I have had my 6600GT for quite some time now and have finally got fed up with the loud stock fan it comes with.. A lot of people recommended me to get a 'Zalman VF700-Cu' but after checking it out I realized it probably is not the best option knowing that the 6600gt is slightly smaller and so the fan grill comes out a good 33mm also it may be caused to make the VideoCard 'Unstable'. And as good as it is since I have a 'Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED Pure Copper Base' for my Motherboard...

So yeah I was just wondering what is a better alternative for my to replace the stock fan that came with my XFX Nvidia 6600GT (AGP), thanks.

was it always noisy? clean it? not sure whats it equal to in ati. but 9550 agp with 265mb with rebate only $69 at circuitcity.

SacredCultivator

It was always noisy but I was able to tolerate it at the time... But now it is just too loud... I was planning to just unplug it since I do not do any hardcore gaming or anything... Lol but that is too risky... Also I do not want to buy a new video card, but to just replace the fan.

I also do not know what it is 'equivalent' to of an ATI Video Card.

It was always noisy but I was able to tolerate it at the time... But now it is just too loud... I was planning to just unplug it since I do not do any hardcore gaming or anything... Lol but that is too risky... Also I do not want to buy a new video card, but to just replace the fan.

I also do not know what it is 'equivalent' to of an ATI Video Card.

are they known to be noisy to begin with? just for the heck of it. power down, unplug, either take the card out if you can easy, use that can of air to blow it and vacuum maybe the dust.

cheapy made fans are a pain. i gotten brand new intel 3 ghx when it came out 2 years ago and the chip came with a cheap fan that makes high pitch whine at 3750 rpms when the temp went into the yellow at 122 f.

anyway, could it be a power thing maybe? voltage off going to the card? did you overclocked it or was it made overclocked? updated graphic card drivers? try havin gyour computer desk side cover off to let more air in? might stop the whining.

it being an agp you can still get a new card thats. i know ati 9800 pro should be cheap now. its harder to find a nice pci one that does the new games okay. everything going pci express. you might as well hold onto the card then until you get a new system.

SacredCultivator

Well let's see it is clean and stuff, as for the company, I honestly do not know if they are known to have loud stock fans...

I have not overclocked it, nor was it pre-OC'ed. I do not think the drivers is the problem...

But I know I will not be buying a new video card =/ So only looking for a replacement Fan... As for new system.. hehe mine is prett new 64bit mb, and got the v-card from friend like a few days beforee I got my system ><

• Administrator

I can't see what's wrong with the Zalman one personally. Arctic Cooling also make good VPU cooling fans, as do vantec.

I have a 6800GT and it could get a little loud but I clean my sys regularly so it usually doesnt get to loud, just try blowing air in the fan

SacredCultivator

Hmmm is there a program taht can set the fan speed? And is it safe to lower the RPM if you do no use the computer to the max potential? Just like Word PRocessing/Surfing..

Archived