10 Signs You've Used Windows XP Too Long

anuseems

lurch234

I was referring to people who have a computer prior to 1995 Pentium 3 or similar old clunker.

• Replies 47
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for most "XP lovers" sticking to it is not a choice, they just want to make the most out of their Pentium 4 and see it as "outrageous" that anything needs more than 512mb or 1gb ram, again that's their rationale.

I once installed XP on a 10 year old PC. After waiting an hour and their dog knocking out the PC power cord, I completely did it over again, and if there was a gun on hand I'd have probably killed myself twice.

Can you think of some of your own? I'd love to hear them.

If your installation came with a CD instead of a DVD - you know that you are installing XP or something even more prehistoric. :tehe:

10 Signs You've Used Windows XP Too Long

1. you're still using it

2. you're still using it

3. you're still using it

4. you're still using it

5. you're still using it

6. you're still using it

7. you're still using it

8. you're still using it

9. you're still using it

10. you're still using it

If a 30 full minutes have already elapsed, but your OS installation is still going on, then - it must definitely be XP (or something even more prehistoric.) 1VjjZ4q.gif

My 9 year old Desktop ran Win XP 64bit

Oh Joy

Now it runs Win 7 ultimate and still works like a wee sweetie

Wouldn't touch Win 8, 8.1 with a barge pole

Recently bought a lappy brand new with Win 7 Pro installed and option to upgrade to 8.1 the 8.1 disc makes an excellent coaster for my ground coffee mug

Win 10 ?

sorry but if you like windows 7 you will like windows 8.1 with an aftermarket start menu installed like start 8 or start is back the 8.1 OS is very much better than win7 and leaves xp in the dust

So - what about those who have recent h/w, 4GB RAM, plenty of SSD/HDD capacity in their system - and who CHOOSE to stick with XP because it does all that they need for it to ??

Is there some really redeeming reason to flame or bash folks just because they are easily satisfied ??

Would life somehow be improved if there was some laws allowing cops to enter homes and take away PCs with older OSes ??

Not everyone is financially able to always get new stuff - in fact, most people on this planet at this time cannot get new stuff very much.

Some folks also just happen to prefer things of their own liking - does that make them BAD somehow; OR, does that mean others are entitled to be nasty to them, publicly ??

We all have our flaws & faults.

I could go on all day about folks who voluntarily pollute others' air with their deadly habits...BUT:

Truth is, if folks CHOOSE to smoke it is their choices to do that & take the consequences of it.

It is easy enough just to go away from that polluted air usually and to leave others in peace to do as they wish.

No need or even any excuse for bashing them because of their life-choices.

Likewise (IMO), no need to bash folks because they CHOOSE to keep something older for whatever reason they may have in doing so.

This place (AFAIK...) is about folks helping each other in sharing & fixing problems they may have.

(Perhaps I am too stupid or simply unable to see how nastiness is HELPFUL in any manner ??)

So - what about those who have recent h/w, 4GB RAM, plenty of SSD/HDD capacity in their system - and who CHOOSE to stick with XP because it does all that they need for it to ??

Is there some really redeeming reason to flame or bash folks just because they are easily satisfied ??

Would life somehow be improved if there was some laws allowing cops to enter homes and take away PCs with older OSes ??

Not everyone is financially able to always get new stuff - in fact, most people on this planet at this time cannot get new stuff very much.

Some folks also just happen to prefer things of their own liking - does that make them BAD somehow; OR, does that mean others are entitled to be nasty to them, publicly ??

I could go on all day about folks who voluntarily pollute others' air with their deadly habits...BUT:

Truth is, if folks CHOOSE to smoke it is their choices to do that & take the consequences of it.

It is easy enough just to go away from that polluted air usually and to leave others in peace to do as they wish.

Likewise (IMO), no need to bash folks because they CHOOSE to keep something older for whatever reason they may have in doing so.

This place (AFAIK...) is about folks helping each other in sharing & fixing problems they may have.

(Perhaps I am too stupid or simply unable to see how nastiness is HELPFUL in any manner ??)

XP is not as good with modern hardware as newer OS, so there is waste of performance in that case.

Oh sure, it will detect your cores, but XP was built well before multicore machines were even remotely common if out there at all.

I doubt XP does best practices when handling SSDs either. A modern OS will TRIM and manage it for you, disable excessive/harmful defrag, etc.

Not everyone needs or wants to live or work up by the redline; some folks are happy just going along doing what they do.

Life can be quite good & happy minus high-performance everything.

(Maybe this is just a fact of being older & having to move slower too...?)

Not everyone needs or wants to live or work up by the redline; some folks are happy just going along doing what they do.

Life can also be extremely stressful if you have XP+an old computer.

I can never tolerate using decade old slow hardware, all those freezes, you click then it messes up and you have to wait another 5 minutes to click again.

Then XP users (or 7+ year old PC users in general) want me to help them for free to squeeze tiny performance out of their slow, malware ridden boxes. Then it takes 20 times longer than it should, because of the PC is super slow and I basically have to leave WU to them because I'm not waiting 5-10 hours for it.

but it is ok for them to come here and speak ill of those that have win8 and be rude and to not expect a retort??? or ok to make a wild rude comment about something and not expect a retort back or to feign hurt feelings

I have one notebook running windows 8.1 and will upgrade to the free win10...an older notebook that came with XP that now runs win7 perfectly but will not load windows 8 as it is too old... I hold no ill will to anyone running xp or windows...but they also should not be chirping that win8 is shite either smply because they like to argue

I agree with you CODYQX4 that XP is a very malware-friendly version of the windows OS.

Some while back a man I knew asked out of desperation for me to help him with an XP box that had 300+ separate malwares infesting it according to just the Kaspersky Rescue Disk I used - it was beyond cleaning or anything - but it still started & ran...sort of.

It could be that folks with near zero computer skills & no inclinations to learn any SHOULD always buy newer stuff & all that.

I do not speak as one of those baffled folks.

When using a PC I believe it is very important to keep one's brain engaged & to use care in staying away from bad stuff.

There are also some very good & simple ways to keep bad stuff away automatically.

For me, having new-ish h/w and a very plain, simple OS with the programs I actually use is quite enough - and my PCs do not have bad delays, nor do they run slowly.

The slowest thing I have is a netbook with 7 starter edition that I have yet to be brave & patient enough to re-do with something else.

Hmmm...:

but it is ok for them to come here and speak ill of those that have win8 and be rude and to not expect a retort??? or ok to make a wild rude comment about something and not expect a retort back or to feign hurt feelings

If I have personally somehow offended someone regarding some newer OS than I sincerely apologize.

Could be sometimes I slip up & say something a bit off-colour - but I do try not to do that.

you mean like the folks below? :duh:

family-portraits-rednecks-portrait-possu

25799518_9435b9104b_o1.jpg

Drake-Bell-Amanda-Bynes-The-Amanda-Show-

Some things in life are just so good & useful, videlicet:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by dcs18. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by 2635599. View it anyway?

Trolls are amazing creatures - but only at a nice, big distance; thus they cannot reach to do harm, nor offend with the odours.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by dcs18. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by 2635599. View it anyway?

Trolls are amazing creatures - but only at a nice, big distance; thus they cannot reach to do harm, nor offend with the odours.

gee i must of hit the nail on the head, so which sister or cousin did you marry. i hope she was at least 10.

We know now that you can read each and every one of our posts. kBIeldo.gif1VjjZ4q.gif

XP is not as good with modern hardware as newer OS, so there is waste of performance in that case.

Oh sure, it will detect your cores, but XP was built well before multicore machines were even remotely common if out there at all.

I doubt XP does best practices when handling SSDs either. A modern OS will TRIM and manage it for you, disable excessive/harmful defrag, etc.

there's your answer right there.

qLDYX5K.gif Windows XP lacks outbound firewall protection. RL8WwPy.gif

even my note book that came pre loaded with XP runs better on win7.... wish i could install win 8.1 on it but it will not load...error code telling me win 8 will not run on it becasue of no support for nx on my proccessor

Archived