New Skin: Executive2

shought

@Lite.. As now the Thanks is implemented in every post, then plz implement something like this for more than 10 Thanks for a post..

:) :) :)

Sshot_2.jpg

thanks system explicitly should be used for useful posts & not for popular content! some members did really deserve them for their topics and contributions. :)

Nope! not only for this but also it can be used to stop spamming the threads by useless Thanks for the update posts.. :showoff:

So to encourage this there should be something like that I've proposed.. :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt

• SlimRock

• Roger D

• shought

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

@Lite.. As now the Thanks is implemented in every post, then plz implement something like this for more than 10 Thanks for a post..

Sshot_2.jpg

thanks system explicitly should be used for useful posts & not for popular content! some members did really deserve them for their topics and contributions. :)

Don't worry about Roger D he's just jealous cause we've "1 thanks" and he's ZERO :D

Sshot_2.jpg

Don't worry about Roger D he's just jealous cause we've "1 thanks" and he's ZERO :D

LOL! the thanks to slimrock is also given by me.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

@shought Why there are no notifications when users gets a thanks from fellow members?

@Bryan @Roger D :rockon:

• Administrator

@shought Why there are no notifications when users gets a thanks from fellow members?

Because this one is an addon to IPB not included with IPB System itself.

THNX!

I like it!!

Doesn't "Thanks" and "Like This" serve the same purpose? If one didn't like a post, would they thank the author for it? Just a bit confused. :unsure: :blush:

Doesn't "Thanks" and "Like This" serve the same purpose? If one didn't like a post, would they thank the author for it? Just a bit confused. :unsure: :blush:

thanks system explicitly should be used for useful posts which provide valuable info to nsane community. You dont want to hit thanks for a Joke post, OR would you? :P

also it's named perfectly, most of the users press thanks button when they are thankful for something someone has posted. You might be thankful for something that you don't necessarily like. Well, Graphics speak louder than text! :)

Fixed the smiley buttons. Was a bug in the theme.

Thanks system is something we're still discussing, but I put it out there to get some opinions out ;)

thanks Bryan. its better now do not f*ck with your head so much

you're welcome but the second part didn't get it :)

he meant now there is no need to spam the shoutbox and create unnecessary polls! :P

Sshot_2.jpg

Nope! not only for this but also it can be used to stop spamming the threads by useless Thanks for the update posts.. :showoff:

So to encourage this there should be something like that I've proposed.. :lol:

By doing so, @Jalaffa & @anuraag will get the most of the thanks! :lol:

Because this one is an addon to IPB not included with IPB System itself.

So integrate this add-on with the new theme, there must be a workaround for the thanks notifications! :huh:

Edit note : forgot something important

Edited by slimrock

Well, I like this theme thought it's feeling a bit heavier in my dial-up connection. I appreciate the change. Many thanks to the author.

Thanks system is something we're still discussing, but I put it out there to get some opinions out ;)

Embed Link color also needs fixing, as of now links are not clearly visible with the new theme! IMO implementation of Thanks button is the need of the forum, Just make sure it's not abused by fellow members, so it should be integrated with the User's repo OR something like this also there is a immediate need to stop the unwanted posts like Thanks for sharing etc. which adds nothing good to the community! Rest is upto you! :)

P.S. How about this implementation? :think:

The "Like This" button could be renamed to "Add Rep", so if people just wanna say thanks, they click Thanks (or Add Rep or Rep +1) or both. If the Thanks actually has an impact on the Reputation, it's useless and you have the same feature twice (that doesn't make sense). And i bet most people still will write thanks, instead of clicking on it, since it was the case with the Like This button only too.

@shought! How about a feature like this? :think:

HSir9n6.png

We have two anti spams systems. No need to brag about it ;) :P

Fair enough! How about the link color? :naughty:

Yupp! it's fixed now.. :rockon:

Nice theme. Thanks :)

You dumbo.. :lol: :lol: There is now a Thanks button for thanking.. :P

Sshot_2.jpg