Windows 8.1 Update 1 Build 9600.16608 Leaked

Reefa

november_ra1n

so if i dont have all the old updates, i should install it first then applying this update 1 right ?

Btw, i have checked it and i only got this one --> KB2911106 on my Windows update :huh:

Simplicity is the best option if you check Windows Update and there is no update showing you are ready to go,,, Personally i do not recognise some of those updates in the list too i was in the progress installing second MSU on my VMware at this moment. And my VMware i did not do any update since Rollup 1 ... It looks i am in the middle of installing ..

• Replies 61
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• november_ra1n

• Turk

• software182

• nachtlampje

so if i dont have all the old updates, i should install it first then applying this update 1 right ?

Btw, i have checked it and i only got this one --> KB2911106 on my Windows update :huh:

Simplicity is the best option if you check Windows Update and there is no update showing you are ready to go,,, Personally i do not recognise some of those updates in the list too i was in the progress installing second MSU on my VMware at this moment. And my VMware i did not do any update since Rollup 1 ... It looks i am in the middle of installing ..

Well okay, i will try it, thanks rain

I can confirm this worked 100%! :D

Thanks again for all your help november_ra1n ! :showoff:

PS. I have Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with WMC and update was installed fine, just one NOTE: The 2nd update takes a while till it updates, at first it looks nothing is happening but leave it and it works out fine! :)

Is this RTM?

or is it is an escrow build. RTM has not happened yet

"wzor-
"Yet, we need to remind the assembly 6.3.9600.16610.WINBLUE_S14.140201-1007 is not the final version of Windows 8.1 update 2014 Update, and in order to avoid data loss is not worth it to install on their PC performance!"

Edited by nachtlampje

thats where the quote comes from, wzor's site
even more proof is that the files and release do not have RTM in the title

november_ra1n

screen shots please

Successfully installed Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 on VMware [Just on Windows 8.1 Rollup 1 without any Windows Update since i have installed..]

Internet Explorer Before Windows 8.1 Update 1 Internet Explorer After Windows 8.1 Update 1

ipy7.png >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oeka.png

detw.png

r4lc.png

tzfp.png

Edited by november_ra1n

So it's not RTM? :huh:

Because I can't see RTM in the 2nd IE pic..

november_ra1n

Which picture supposed to say RTM you mean screenshot from Windows Update or Registry entry>>??

Well if you have any doubt no need to install wait for the Update from Microsoft.

Which picture supposed to say RTM you mean screenshot from Windows Update or Registry entry>>??

Well if you have any doubt no need to install wait for the Update from Microsoft.

I mean this pic from you, there's no RTM in it after Update 1:

oeka.png

In the 1st pic there is RTM in it:

ipy7.png

Edited by nachtlampje

november_ra1n

I mean this pic from you, there's no RTM in it after Update 1:

In the 1st pic there is RTM in it:

I see what you mean that is cause i have not done any Windows Update since i have installed in my VMware. I have disable Windows Updates cause i use it in VMware for testing software's etc. That is why you see RTM cause originally was RTM as you done Windows Update regularly you do not see RTM only you see latest update.

However here is the screenshot from my Real Machine Windows 8.1 Core OEM Edition [before Windows 8.1 Update 1]

e0zw.png

See there is latest internet Explorer Update appear there 11.02 >>>>>>> no more RTM

Open your own Internet Explorer go to the Help >>> About Internet Explorer tab you will see the same update build number

This is not the Final Build according to his latest post reply in his web-side...>>>>> #41 >>>

Edited by november_ra1n

i got confused ... are the link in post #9 is final ? or like nachtlampje, said its not final (according to wzor site) ?? :unsure: :unsure:

Is this RTM?

"wzor-

"Yet, we need to remind the assembly 6.3.9600.16610.WINBLUE_S14.140201-1007 is not the final version of Windows 8.1 update 2014 Update, and in order to avoid data loss is not worth it to install on their PC performance!"

Edited by demoneye

november_ra1n

thats where the quote comes from, wzor's site

even more proof is that the files and release do not have RTM in the title

i got confused ... are the link in post #9 is final ? or like nachtlampje, said its not final (according to wzor site) ?? :unsure: :unsure:

Is this RTM?

"wzor-

You probably right this is not Final Build according to his latest reply in his side.. I think best to install if you have Windows 8.1 on Virtual Machine for testing..

cgu3.png

Edited by november_ra1n

StarshipSpaceX

Leaked but not the final version so its just a trailer of the actual movie !!! ok. lets wait more !!

Windows 8.1 Update 1 Preview: Hands-on with Build 16610 By Paul Thurrott Feb. 7, 2014
Update: I have now tested this on a few more PCs. On a traditional previous generation Ultrabook, and an even older original generation Ultabook it does indeed boot right to the desktop. With the touch-based Surface Pro 2, it boots to the Start screen. I won't state an assumption as a fact, but I do guess that the intention here is to do the right thing: Boot to Start on touch systems and to the desktop on non-touch systtems. I'll test more PCs over the weekend.
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-update-1-preview-hands-build-16610

Download Links Via Magnet:
NOTE: this is original M$ MSU files.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8F089B9A7E6F69F0FE6337C58080F4E6C2186D1E
WINDOWS.8.1.2014.UPDATE.X86.ONLY.MSU.9600.16610.140201-1007-WZT
NOTE: this is original M$ MSU files.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7B205B5D1075027DC50785368ED232F4D520A11B

Important: Read carefully about Installing Windows 8.1 Update 1 If you want to integrate and create DVD ISO see post reply #8 >>>

4. Install Windows8.1-KB2919442-<architecture>.msu update, where <architecture> is x86, x64, by double-clicking on the file.

This is required to install before you install the Windows 8.1 Update 2014 MSU update!

Restart your PC!. You must restart the PC to complete any pending update actions.

5. Install the Windows 8.1 Update MSU file, Windows8.1-KB2919355-<architecture>.msu (where <architecture> is x86, x64) to the by double-clicking on the file.

The update will be applied for all available languages installed in the Windows 8.1.

Restart your PC. You must restart the PC to complete any pending update actions.

Fine!

thanks for the update 1 win 8.1 master ra1n
works fine on my computer :thumbsup:

Some bugs reported on another forum, anyone experiencing some of them?: (I did not d/l it, waiting for final M$ official)

- IDManager downloads doesn't get initiated instantly, for some how ielowutil (Internet Low-Mic Utility Tool) is involved in the process and it doesnt load the connection right away (some kind of congestion..?)

- When i point the mouse cursor to the very last Start Button's corner, right-click doesn't show Win-X menu, and i have to move the cursor a little bit off deep corner (it was working well this way before the update)

- Explorer is not stable and got jammed few times, one time all corners are disabled including start button, one time Desktop link in Start Screen stops working this include Control Panel link in PC Setting, it either cause PC Setting to freeze, or it doesn't work and cause Explorer to hang (multiple control.exe instances loaded in background with every click, and after restating Explorer all instance opened in new window each)

no trolling to be said here but FUCK THIS...lol im waiting for a EXE lol

after applying the leaked updates on my main system! :tooth: Had to uninstall the said updates, BTW there was nothing wrong when tested in VM environment! :huh:

6az4WVO.png