dvd+r prices

myidisbb

ran out of my dvd +r's i use them for data software and dvd-r's for movies. anyway, whats the going rate now for dvd's?

i see 50 packs for $18 and double layer for $2 each. not even going to waste my time with the hp light scribe ones.

when i buy i like to buy enough for awhile and not have to play the price game.

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey myidisbb,

according to Amazon.com here are some DVD-R Prices;

Verbatim 8x 4.7 GB Shiny Silver DataLife Plus DVD-R Spindle (50 Discs)

$19.99 (NEW)

Maxell 8x 4.7 GB DVD-R Spindle (50 Discs)

$24.99 (NEW)

Memorex 100PK DVD-R 16X 4.7GB SPINDLE ( 32025641 )

$51.99 (NEW)

Or, my personal favourite and most reliable;

TDK Electronics DVD-R47FCC100*M Single Sided 16x compatible DVD-R for general use 100 pack

$39.99 (NEW)

Recommended

...and that my friend, is the prices ;)

Hey myidisbb,

according to Amazon.com here are some DVD-R Prices;

Verbatim 8x 4.7 GB Shiny Silver DataLife Plus DVD-R Spindle (50 Discs)

$19.99 (NEW)

Maxell 8x 4.7 GB DVD-R Spindle (50 Discs)

$24.99 (NEW)

Memorex 100PK DVD-R 16X 4.7GB SPINDLE ( 32025641 )

$51.99 (NEW)

Or, my personal favourite and most reliable;

TDK Electronics DVD-R47FCC100*M Single Sided 16x compatible DVD-R for general use 100 pack

$39.99 (NEW)

Recommended

...and that my friend, is the prices ;)

had gotten a good deal on memorex dvds before. this time sony 50 pack was $17.99 and their 100 pack was $79.99. plus had to use up the bestbuy monoply bucks. still didnt want to buy sony dvd's but they get a cut no matter what disk you buy expect hd-dvds.

i got to look at xbox 360. call duty 2 look like a ormal pc version. and king kong one look like shit. the 20 gb harddrive is a special version that slides on the top of the case. i think they messup making it like that and not allowing people to mod it later. big mistake. unable to mod equals piss off very loyal customers.

oh it was very quiet. couldnt tell much about the fan system because it was in a case with 2 special external fans on the back of the plastic case. i did feel a bit of heat from it. i can see a lot of people's xbox 360 over heating.

Memorex or TDK Electronics are the best choice by far, great value for a great product.

I've also seen the XBox 360 at a roadshow in the UK. There was 3, 2 were networked to the internet and connected to a Demonstration server.

I'd go for the Verbatim. Never had a bad disk, and the 8x that I purchased were able to burn at 12x.

Datawrite, Bulkpaq and TDK aren't bad either. Been using Datawrite's "Titanium" range. Absolutely amazing, good quality media!

There is alot of choice out there today, and its 'gotta be said some DVD-R's are great but expensive and sometimes the cheap DVD-R's are actually alot more efficient and perform better.

There is alot of choice out there today, and its 'gotta be said some DVD-R's are great but expensive and sometimes the cheap DVD-R's are actually alot more efficient and perform better.

my understanding is a name batch of cdr or dvdr can be different from another batch with their name on it. you use to be able to take a cdr and read the special information about the type of cdr process so you would know if it was going to last long time. they later stop inputting the information on cdrs.

i had never had disk rot of anykind. i have found holely disk people have thrown out.

oh never try making a cdr burn with only 600 mbs left on your computer :( it looks like a recorder album afterwards hehe.

Well, DEA (Disk Evaluator Anaylization) ... or however you spell it was the name your looking for. Older versions of CD-R's displayed processes of information that would take place whether your CD-R you wished to create was long or too many songs on.

I've also, never had Diskrot before either, and I'm not quite sure what it is, but I've also not failed to mention I did have about 615MB on my system once when I downloaded a whole Macromedia website, yes the whole thing. I only had 8GB left at the time and it drained it all.

Well, DEA (Disk Evaluator Anaylization) ... or however you spell it was the name your looking for. Older versions of CD-R's displayed processes of information that would take place whether your CD-R you wished to create was long or too many songs on.

I've also, never had Diskrot before either, and I'm not quite sure what it is, but I've also not failed to mention I did have about 615MB on my system once when I downloaded a whole Macromedia website, yes the whole thing. I only had 8GB left at the time and it drained it all.

diskrot is something about the air getting inbetween the 2 disk layers and bacteria eating the organic (i think its a dye) part of the disk. you should see little holes that light shines threw if you hold it up to a bright light. if you do have a diskrot you need to quickly remove it and look for any others so it doesnt spread. dont use the disk jewel case either. might want to clean your cd/dvdrom drives. also believe to be a bad cdr processing in the sealing of the materials to keep air out. i dont think dvdr's have gotten diskrot yet. i think the process of making them prevents it. not sure on that one.

oh salt water also does wonders on cds and im guessing dvds too.

Archived