ESET v4 Fixes

shought

V2 does not work on (x64 bit) of Windows Se7en :)

That's a deal breaker for me with two Windows 7 Ultimate x64 systems.

Yeah, don't think ESET is going to develop the V2 series, either - they've tried to bring a full stop a few times but have had to postpone the proposed discontinuation after meeting with strong resistance from the Purists.

Before upgrading my OS from XP Pro to Windows Se7en (32 bit) the 'Upgrade Advisor' actually threw up a warning that NOD32 V2 was not compatible with Windows Se7en at all. However, I discovered that it does work on the (32 bit) architecture and as most of the Members are aware, have enjoyed a long and fulfilling stint on Windows Se7en with the V2. :wub:

Wish (64 bit) Users could celebrate this blue blooded and unadulterated anti-virus. ^_^

• Replies 2k
  • Views 200k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the stupid question, but... can I delete "box-mara fix 1.3" after that I "fixed NOD32" or do I have to keep it somewhere like with the old nsanefix for 2.70 that was launched at every signature update? :rolleyes:

• Administrator

You can delete it. But you'll need to download it again for the new version. ;)

So it is a "one shot fix" and not a "resident one"?

PS

My PC says I cannot delete it, does it mean that the "Eset fix.exe" is constantly in use?

;)

Then remove it. Download it.. turn off 'Self-Protection' on ESET.. then reboot.. then run it again.. this time it will remove itself.. then use the uninstall link in your Start Menu.. for ESET if you uninstalling it.. ( not the one in the Control Panel ), IF that doesn't work then the next step is to use the Uninstaller at the ESET Website for your OS... and go into Safe Mode to run it.. ( assuming this is all about the update for ESET today.. )

Topic closed due to the large size, please continue the discussion over here:

;)

Archived