ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Thanks mara.

I looked in the key you described and found that there were no severs listed in the 30's. Also there were no servers with the eset_eval/ extension. They all had eset_upd/. The weird thing was there was some duplicates for example the servers in the 50's series were listed as default server X more than 1 one time. So server #50 might be listed as default server 1 and also as default server 22, for example.

And what effect, if any, does the list of update servers one can enter through the advanced "Update" menu under the "edit" button, have on what appears in the registry?

You have problem updating?? <_<

Don't mess with the registry if you have no problem updating. :rolleyes:

• Replies 2k
  • Views 200.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no problems. It's updating fine. Just trying to understand more about how things works and, if possible, would like to make sure I have all update servers in the registry on the theory that the more the better. It looks like I probably do, but it looks odd to me have duplicates of some of the default servers. I'm not messing with it until I understand more about it.

Bizarre™

@All:

I recently found out that you can edit ESET registry keys in safemode w/o disabling Self-Defense.

@harpua

It's 100% safe to do what I'm telling you to do. You have eset_upd because you are using retail version. You can safely delete all servers and then press Update button in Eset. Latest list will rebuild itself. And that list will come from FailSafe server. I discovered this using NOD32 Update Viewer. It works on same way.

@Bizarre™

Yeah, you are correct. I discovered that when Eset first time released v4 but I did not think that it's important.

Cheers :dance2:

Bart Grefte

Hi y'all.

Found this forum with Google, maybe you guys (and girls?) can help me out.

Just installed NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.424 on a Windows XP SP3 OS.

NOD32 works fine, except the updating.

NodLogin 9.9c shows the usual messages, everything seems to go fine. But when I hit update, there doesn't seem to be a license inserted.

Tried NodLogin several times, still keeps saying license inserted, but apparently that's not true...

Any idea's?

O yeah, before I forget, does anyone know if NodLogin can be installed silently, with the help of switches?

LeetPirate
Hi y'all.

Found this forum with Google, maybe you guys (and girls?) can help me out.

Just installed NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.424 on a Windows XP SP3 OS.

NOD32 works fine, except the updating.

NodLogin 9.9c shows the usual messages, everything seems to go fine. But when I hit update, there doesn't seem to be a license inserted.

Tried NodLogin several times, still keeps saying license inserted, but apparently that's not true...

Any idea's?

O yeah, before I forget, does anyone know if NodLogin can be installed silently, with the help of switches?

First up the NodLogin silent switch is /o but in version 9.9c the white logo still shows up in the centre of the screen even with the silent switch so hopefully that would be fixed soon.

Next try loading the GUI, press F5 to enter the setup, navigate to the Update settings on the left pane.

Click the Clear button on the right to clear the update cache, next insert any crap into the username and password boxes and click OK to save it. Make sure all dialogue boxes are closed, exit the GUI and reboot your PC. After it restarts, then run nodlogin again.

If that does not work then you may have to remove NOD32 then use the removal tool to remove any left overs, then do a clean install.

Bart Grefte
First up the NodLogin silent switch is /o but in version 9.9c the white logo still shows up in the centre of the screen even with the silent switch so hopefully that would be fixed soon.

Thanks!

Btw, which mode does that switch use? I mean, does that switch do a silent "manual mode" install of NodLogin? Or the automatic mode.

Next try loading the GUI, press F5 to enter the setup, navigate to the Update settings on the left pane.

Click the Clear button on the right to clear the update cache, next insert any crap into the username and password boxes and click OK to save it. Make sure all dialogue boxes are closed, exit the GUI and reboot your PC. After it restarts, then run nodlogin again.

If that does not work then you may have to remove NOD32 then use the removal tool to remove any left overs, then do a clean install.

Tried that, after reboot and using NodLogin again, I still see the "crap" I entered before reboot. So still no go.

Doubt that removing and reinstalling NOD32 will help, this is a clean install, Windows as well.

I'm working on an unattended Windows dvd (to big for cd by now :)) including the silent install of Office 2007 and several other programs during 1st boot, NOD32 is one of those now. Always do a format/clean install when testing the unattended install disc, so there aren't any remains of previous attempts.

Don't know if this has influence, but am testing in a VMware Workstation virtual computer...

Now I'm trying NODEnabler 3.0.

That one says (after a while) that there aren't valid licenses available...

But before that it says several times that the license site is drained?

did you exclude the map where nodlogin is installed? C:/programfiles/ulisessoft

Bart Grefte

Nope, since I didn't got a virus warning, but did try both NodLogin and NodEnabler while realtime security was disabled.

Although the older version of NOD32 on the host-OS did gave a virus warning, but clicked it away and copied NodLogin and NodEnabler to the guest OS.

Maybe NodLogin's problem has got something to do with NodEnabler's problem?

Thanks!

Btw, which mode does that switch use? I mean, does that switch do a silent "manual mode" install of NodLogin? Or the automatic mode.

Tried that, after reboot and using NodLogin again, I still see the "crap" I entered before reboot. So still no go.

Doubt that removing and reinstalling NOD32 will help, this is a clean install, Windows as well.

I'm working on an unattended Windows dvd (to big for cd by now :)) including the silent install of Office 2007 and several other programs during 1st boot, NOD32 is one of those now. Always do a format/clean install when testing the unattended install disc, so there aren't any remains of previous attempts.

Don't know if this has influence, but am testing in a VMware Workstation virtual computer...

Now I'm trying NODEnabler 3.0.

That one says (after a while) that there aren't valid licenses available...

But before that it says several times that the license site is drained?

Use MiNodlogin.

the problem is that you did not exluded the folder, eset is blocking nodlogin when it is trying to insert username/password. You have to go to options > exlusions and add C:/programfiles/ulisessoft. Then press update..

Bart Grefte
Use MiNodlogin.

Works :D (While realtime security still was disabled)

Thanks!

Now let's see if that one also has silent install switches.

edit: With thanks to USSF, /S :)

the problem is that you did not exluded the folder, eset is blocking nodlogin when it is trying to insert username/password. You have to go to options > exlusions and add C:/programfiles/ulisessoft. Then press update..

Hmm, I've never done that and until 9.9c that wasn't a problem.

But I'm not sure it's being blocked. Since I'm not getting any warning message + realtime security was disabled while I tried NodLogin and NodEnabler again.

Plus, I don't think NodEnablers error has got something to do with NOD32 itself, it said it couldn't find a valid license online...

Edit2:

I just removed the working license, filled in some crap, excluded the NodLogin folder, and then tried NodLogin again.

Same problem, says inserted, but it's not.

Even tried closing NOD32 using the taskmanager and try again, still no go.

Another edit:

Ehm, that switch doesn't work, still get the question of manual/normal/hidden or proxy mode install...

Hi! I have a curiosity: which differences there are between NodLogin, NodEnabler and MiNODLogin?

LeetPirate
Another edit:

Ehm, that switch doesn't work, still get the question of manual/normal/hidden or proxy mode install...

That switch is not for when you install NodLogin, it's for when you execute it after it has been installed. For example "C:\program files\ulisessoft\nodlogin.exe" /o will execute nodlogin in silent mode. Did you run it with administrator account? Anyway forget about this for now, since minodlogin is working for you then just keep using that one.

Hi! I have a curiosity: which differences there are between NodLogin, NodEnabler and MiNODLogin?
As far as I can tell, they all do the same thing, insert valid passwords into NOD32. Just that they are developed by different groups and connect to different servers to acquire the passwords.

For the past few days it seems like NodEnabler passwords have been blacklisted. NodEnabler claims they are valid but NOD32 says otherwise. Anyone else getting this problem?

Guess a lot got that problem.. Me too..

But it's not like Eset really NEEDS the updates.. It can manage a long time with this Virus-Signature :P

Bart Grefte

I know that, but I've never needed to do that to get NodLogin working.

Just to be sure, I disabled NOD32 (again), but this time before I copied NodLogin to the virtual pc I'm testing in.

Ran NodLogin, but even though it (still) says it does, still no license inserted.

Also tried with that exclusion, doesn't help.

[That switch is not for when you install NodLogin, it's for when you execute it after it has been installed. For example "C:\program files\ulisessoft\nodlogin.exe" /o will execute nodlogin in silent mode. Did you run it with administrator account? Anyway forget about this for now, since minodlogin is working for you then just keep using that one.

Oh, okay. Needed it for the install...

Yes, I ran with administrator account. In fact, that was the only account present after installation, hadn't made user accounts yet :P

I will, but kinda used to NodLogin, hate to brake habits, no matter what they are....

For the past few days it seems like NodEnabler passwords have been blacklisted. NodEnabler claims they are valid but NOD32 says otherwise. Anyone else getting this problem?

Blacklisted? So that might explain the error I got I mentioned a few posts back?

No problem here with nodenabler, in fact after having the same license for several months I just received a new one this morning. Went from june to july. :clap:

Bart Grefte

Hmm, just did another test to rule something out.

I used my unattended Windows XP disc again, but this time on a "physical" pc, instead of VMware workstation.

Plus, I added the install destination folders of NodLogin, NodEnabler and MiNODLogin to NOD32's exception/exclusion list BEFORE installing those three and disabled realtime protection (again).

I got exactly the same result:

- NodLogin 9.9c: says license inserted, it's not;

- NodEnabler: "License sites drained, can't find valid license, try again later."

- MiNODLogin: Works.

While trying I noticed something, might be nothing.

The license that MiNODLogin inserted, its: EAV-somenumbers.

The license NodLogin tried to insert is a mixture of letters and digits that don't look even close to the license MiNODLogin inserted, doesn't even start with EAV.

Is that normal?

Nope.. it starts with EAV-thingies.. So Nodlogin is doing someting wrong?

time_machine

I still cannot download the fixes from the above links. It takes me back to the main page each time I click on them to download them? This has been happening for months now. What is wrong?

Bart Grefte
Nope.. it starts with EAV-thingies.. So NodLogin is doing someting wrong?

I guess so...

But that doesn't explain why there's nothing (not even a wrong license) inserted.

Nope.. it starts with EAV-thingies.. So NodLogin is doing someting wrong?

I guess so...

But that doesn't explain why there's nothing (not even a wrong license) inserted.

Can't help you there mate.. Didn't got that problem.. Soz :)

@ Time_machine.. you'll be directed to: http://www.nsanedown.com/?request=140184

From there you can download the stuff you need for ESET...

Could you make a screenshot from your point of view? :clap:

Archived