ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Discussion about ESET V4 and its available fixes.

To download ESET NOD32 Antivirus V4 and working fixes go here.

To download ESET Smart Security V4 and working fixes go here.

Please continue the discussion about the various ESET V4 Fixes in this topic.

If you want to cast your vote and tell everyone which fix you are using, please do so in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 200k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delayed updates:

Don't worry about your updates being delayed, it is possible that you will be a few days(maybe even a week) behind on the updates. This is due to the fact that ESET's servers are overloaded by the heavy usage of many users that want to try out the new version. There is no way to fix this and all you can do is wait, posts concerning this will be either deleted or ignored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To download any of available fixes check the post above! ^^

Ok guys, I'm in for making descriptions with pros/cons for all fixes, we can list these descriptions in the second post.

So, if you have a description to add or anything else you'd like to share about a fix please do so.

ps sorry about my triple post :D ;)

Also if you posted in the old ESET V4 Fixes topic but your question has not yet been answered this might be the time to post it :P

What the hell happen while I was out! :)

Seem all my friend is leaving this forum!

Maybe its time I leave too!!!

What the hell happen while I was out! :(

Seem all my friend is leaving this forum!

Maybe its time I leave too!!!

Don't leave! Make new friends! HI Friend :)

Ok guys, it's like this:

(I'll only state what happened, none of this in any way carries my opinion)

Hoca made a post by which Noddy was insulted, Noddy replied with a post which was insulting to Hoca, you don't have to guess what happened next, Hoca made a post which insulted Noddy, Donaldo joined the discussion/argument and defended Noddy, which was insulting to Hoca, I deleted some posts and made a post in the topic to tell everyone what was going on and what was going to happen, I requested no one to reply to this post in any way since I didn't want the ESET V4 Fix(es) discussion to turn into the Noddy vs Hoca discussion(I told that if someone would reply to this post, I had to take away their posting abilities), then Donaldo decided not to follow my request and posted something along the lines of 'Hoca is the guy who did this', because of this I was forced to put him om moderator preview(all posts made are to be allowed by a moderator before anyone can see them), in reply to that Donaldo decided to make a post in which he expressed his opinion about me as a moderator and said goodbye, insulting a moderator has to be followed by a warning, so I was forced to give him one. During this period of time I also received some PMs from Hoca, who (I assume) was worried that maybe I would take into account the fact that both Noddy and Donaldo were ViPs and therefore only warn him. After this incident both Noddy and Donaldo have send a PM to Lite in which they state that they are leaving the forums and because of that I can no longer tell you what has happened from there on since I'm not Lite and therefore not receiving his PMs.

Ok, that's it :)

From now on please continue this discussion about the ESET V4 Fixes, if you want any more information about what has happened send me a PM with your question, however do not expect me to express my opinion, I will only state facts :(

@kotaxor

There is no reason to leave the forums because others have decided to do so, at least, that's how I see it. I think there is no reason for Noddy and Donaldo to leave the forums as well, since I would like to have a good conversation with them, but they decided not to answer to my PM so that is totally up to them. I have no hard feelings towards anyone that was involved in this incident, clearly this isn't the case the other way around, but hey, that's life...

They may be harsh at times, but some times you need to be in order to keep others on their track.

Noddy was harsh towards me when I first got to know him, but I know his intention then and apologies.

Don't you hate it when ppl assume they know-it-all.

Noddy just don't take kindly to such ppl...so does Donaldo.

Frankly, me too! Just that I don't like to get into a lengthy unproductive argument. (waste of time! but that's just me)

Take their flaming objectively and constructively.

Without such colorful ppl like Noddy and Donaldo, life here is going to be a bored.

'brick and stone might break my bone....but words can never hurt me'

I guess you only have to replace the main EXE file ;)

Infinite_Vision

For me, I like all of the fixes and it all depends on your taste and what you prefer. Some of us like apples, some like oranges, some pears, etc. What makes this community successful is that everyone is respectful and keep in mind the feeling of others. Objectivity is key. What is good for us might not be good for other people. What is convenient might not be convenient for other. You have to look outside of yourself to be objective. Put yourself in the shoes others and try to understand where they are coming. ;) Less pride but more humility.

I use the mara & box fix because it is convenient. Is it the best? Maybe yes maybe no. I use it because it is convenient for me because I don't have that much time on hand to worry about things. It updates for me and I am on my way. Don't have to worry about it. What is best depends on the individual. We are not here to debate that. We should be here to help each other solve various issues and encourage one another. :blink:

All of the fixes are great and a big thank you to all of the people associated with those projects. Without them, this forum wouldn't be where it is. Great staff and great members will take this forum to the next step. ;)

For me, I like all of the fixes and it all depends on your taste and what you prefer. Some of us like apples, some like oranges, some pears, etc. What makes this community successful is that everyone is respectful and keep in mind the feeling of others. Objectivity is key. What is good for us might not be good for other people. What is convenient might not be convenient for other. You have to look outside of yourself to be objective. Put yourself in the shoes others and try to understand where they are coming. :) Less pride but more humility.

I use the mara & box fix because it is convenient. Is it the best? Maybe yes maybe no. I use it because it is convenient for me because I don't have that much time on hand to worry about things. It updates for me and I am on my way. Don't have to worry about it. What is best depends on the individual. We are not here to debate that. We should be here to help each other solve various issues and encourage one another. :)

All of the fixes are great and a big thank you to all of the people associated with those projects. Without them, this forum wouldn't be where it is. Great staff and great members will take this forum to the next step. :)

Well said.I like the less pride but more humility thinking u have. :clap: .Anyway,back to the eset fix subject.i had d/l the nodlogin 9.9c and essv4 yesterday but somehow i had a huge internet connection issue using essv4.The speed fr 3mbs dropping till only 912kbs. :fear: .i dunno how to fix this problem,so i just simply uninstall v4 and go back to v3.nodlogin 9.9c is working great with essv3.This is the fix i like best out of others.Thanks for sharing it. :rolleyes:

V.3.0.684 still is on Eset website. It`s good.

And NodLogin 9.9c updates always, 2x /day. It`s " install and forget ". :rolleyes:

cheers

Jofre

Wow guys so many things happened in the past few days. I'm in shock. I will tell you what's sad about all this.

1.) People complain and beg for fixes when there are none.

2.) When there are many fixes, the same people are convinced that the one they use is the best and everyone should use the same one.

3.) Sad to lose members over emotional battles when the moderator is just following the rules without fear or favour.

What people don't realise is that let's say for example I use NodEnabler, if I convinced everyone to use NodEnabler then the end result would be overloaded servers and epic failure for everyone. Now there are more than enough fixes for everyone and people still refuse be democratic about the whole process.

About ESET, you have to give them some respect for still having NOD32 v2.7 on their website, lol, it shows they have confidence in their work.

The only thing I don't like about NodLogin 9.9c is the new logo that shows up in the centre of the screen even in silent mode. Don't get me wrong the logo is cool and all but silent mode should be silent.

Reinstalling NodLogin is a breeze, just run the new installer and it automatically overwrites any previous versions, assuming of course they are in the default locations. Other than that it's just like shout said, manually overwrite the old EXE with the new one.

Lastly, If anyone is using Vista and would like to import my XML files into Vista Task Scheduler instead of NOD32 then please let me know and I will provide links for download. I have Task Scheduler files for NodLogin and NodEnabler currently but I could make for MiNodLogin too if needed. One may ask what is the point of this if NOD32 already has a cool task scheduler well there are a few answers to that.

1.) Vista task scheduler manager user privileges better, there are no issued with UAC because you can run as admin without any problems.

2.) Vista scheduler has more features where I configure the Fixes to only run if a network connection is available, this is useful for mobile computers that use different wifi networks so it won't waste time trying to run a utility if there is no internet connection.

@Nickless

Your post has been moved to this topic: http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16789 ;) It's more appropriate for your problem ;)

@LeetPirate and Infinite_Vision

I agree with everything you guys just said, it doesn't matter which fix is best. Besides, best, better, bad, worse, it's all relative... You can't say '.... IS the best soccer player of the world', because someone else will have another opinion. Even if everyone says '..... IS the best soccer player of the world', then still you can't say that he IS the best soccer player of the world. It's all about your opinion and that is, per definition, yours, not mine, not our, not their, but yours :)

Ok, I'll shut up now :P

Escobarretje

@LeetPirate:

I have the latest version of nodlogin (9.9c) and only saw the splash logo once (after manual startup). What I did was just schedule nodlogin.exe to run once a day (when PC starts). I scheduled it with ESET. Now I don't see the logo anymore, so maybe check it for your situation. BTW I installed nodlogin in the 'manual' mode, I don't know what all those modes are, but manual is just 'do-it-yourself' i think.

Don't schedule NodLogin, don't be selfish. Because of people like you their server will overload and people will not be able to get license. When licence you have expire, run your NodLogin manually.

Cheers ;)

Escobarretje
Don't schedule NodLogin, don't be selfish. Because of people like you their server will overload and people will not be able to get license. When licence you have expire, run your NodLogin manually.

Cheers ;)

Mmm I know that, but I think once a day is ok right? It's just a few kb's and i'm sure their server can handle it... but because you say so I've scheduled it to run weekly now.

I like to have it scheduled because then I don't need to look back at it, and once a week must be ok!

Cheers ;)

I could not agree more. ;)

Cheers ;)

Mmm I know that, but I think once a day is ok right? It's just a few kb's and i'm sure their server can handle it... but because you say so I've scheduled it to run weekly now.

I like to have it scheduled because then I don't need to look back at it, and once a week must be ok!

Once a day isn't that bad but I have mine scheduled once a month because the passwords last really long, never failed me as yet. I know back in the older days the NodLogin passwords used to expire pretty fast so once a day was a safe interval but ever since v9.7 and up the passwords last really long now, for months. My opinion is once every week or 2 weeks should be a safe value for a stand alone unattended pc. Thanks for understanding and switching to a weekly schedule 8) . Now I can say that it's because of understanding people like you, that we can all enjoy our Utility without worrying about putting strain on the servers. :hug:

One can hope that others follow your footsteps.

Cheers ;)

I'm glad that you changed your mind, a week is OK. I just want you to know that I did not mean to offend you or something, I just wanted that people think on what their actions can cause.

Cheers 8)

DJ Alter-Nate

Hia..

I followed the instructions and disabled self defense and rebooted, and yet the fix still says that it needs disabling.

please help!

You're on Vista, right?

Right-click and 'Run as admin', that should do it :s

DJ Alter-Nate
Discussion about ESET V4 and its available fixes.

To download ESET NOD32 Antivirus V4 and working fixes go here.

To download ESET Smart Security V4 and working fixes go here.

Please continue the discussion about the various ESET V4 Fixes in this topic.

If you want to cast your vote and tell everyone which fix you are using, please do so in this poll.

Don't think any of these have worked

Tried entering the serial and password, off that chinese site, but that has made no change

has anyone got a username/pass to use, or email me the file of which the fix is working?

Archived