Frostwire and Limewire

Nemesis

What is the difference between Frostwire and Limewire. They have exactly the same layout, and functions. The only difference I see is the skins, and they dont look as good as Limewire PRO's skin.

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FrostWire is basically Limewire. The skin has been modified, and would be relatively easy to do so.

FrostWire claims to include all the features you get whilst initially paying for Limewire Pro but ofcourse FrostWire is free so in a way it's better.

If you were to chose between the two, defently Frostwire because if it's claimed that FrostWire has them features it says it does, it's more than worth it.

FrostWire is basically Limewire. The skin has been modified, and would be relatively easy to do so.

FrostWire claims to include all the features you get whilst initially paying for Limewire Pro but ofcourse FrostWire is free so in a way it's better.

If you were to chose between the two, defently Frostwire because if it's claimed that FrostWire has them features it says it does, it's more than worth it.

except for the fact that the "turbo-charged" connection never seems to be reached

does that do anything??

except for the fact that the "turbo-charged" connection never seems to be reached

does that do anything??

pro allows more ultrapeer connections (6) in peer mode

Possibly not. It is though, getting very popular and I know alot of good programming friends that use FrostWire over LimeWire.

The good reason is to have FrostWire is that it's basically a ripped version of Limewire Pro, not bought from a shop or online as you shouldn't really have to pay for P2P or any kind of Filesharing. It's perfectly legal!

Limewire is the most popular P2P application used and eDonkey to most over-populated P2P network.

Do you think Frostwire will take over Limewire??

Yes, that's my overall answer.

They created FrostWire because of LimeWire's decision to include DRM. Later versions of LimeWire (>4.9.30) prohibit sharing of unlicensed files, but FrostWire doesn't. And the FrostWire devs didn't include the Turbo connection (10 peers per file) because 1) they didn't have access to LimeWire Pro's source code and 2) didn't think it would help, because it only adds to the leeching.

I'm sticking with LimeWire Pro 4.9.30 though.

I'm sticking with LimeWire Pro 4.9.30 though.

so am I, at least until Frostwire gets better and possibly seperates from Limewire a little bit more. such as different, possibly better updates and a different look.

Put it this way, if your wanting a free Limewire PRO with all the features available in the PRO version but for free, from FrostWire.

FrostWire also allows you to download audio without a license, proving a more better source for daily downloading.

Archived