When will my phone get the Android 4.4 KitKat [update]

geeteam

It’s a tricky one as always with Android. Google claimed it has made huge optimizations to the platform and its core apps so even devices with 512MB of RAM (the overwhelming majority of Androids across the world are actually low-end devices with 512MB of RAM) can have a good, smooth Android experience.
The new Android 4.4 KitKat however still seems to be coming first and only to the top-shelf devices.
Here is a list of phones we know will get the update.
We have added a timeframe for that update.
The information comes straight from the manufacturer, so it is official.
HTC
  • HTC One (including carrier models) – By end-January
  • HTC One mini - Within 90 days
  • HTC One max - Within 90 days
  • HTC One Google Play Edition – rolling out now
  • HTC Droid DNA - by end of Q1 2014
LG
  • LG G2 - by end of Q1 2014 (*update is already seeding early for Korean LG G2)
Motorola
  • DROID Ultra
  • DROID Maxx
  • DROID Mini
  • DROID RAZR M (including Dev Edition)
  • DROID RAZR HD (including Dev Edition)
  • DROID RAZR MAXX HD
  • Atrix HD
  • Electrify M
  • Moto X - Update is now available
  • Moto G - will launch in the U.S. with Android 4.4 on board, update already rolling out for other versions
Nexus
  • Nexus 4 – Update is now available
  • Nexus 7 – Update is now available (arrived in early November)
  • Nexus 10 – Update is now available (arrived in early November)
Samsung
  • Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition – *Update is now available
  • Galaxy S4 - January 2014*
  • Galaxy Note 3 - rolling out now in select European countries (January 2014*)
  • Galaxy S III - March/April 2014*
  • Galaxy Note II - March/April 2014*
Sony
  • Sony Xperia Z1 / Z Ultra - end of January / early February (*rumo
  • Sony Xperia Z, ZL, Tablet Z - no timeframe
  • Sony Xperia SP - no timeframe
  • Sony Xperia ZR, Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V - investigating update possibility

Source

Edited by geeteam

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlexCross

• geeteam

• lyldz

• Turk

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When will my phone get the Android 4.4 KitKat [update]?

Answer: Never :P I don't have hopes to run it on my mobile, i'm still on 4.1

When will my phone get the Android 4.4 KitKat [update]?

Answer: Never :P I don't have hopes to run it on my mobile, i'm still on 4.1

Whats your phone AlexCross?

I have a custom cheap phone made by Vodafone, it's called Vodafone smart 3. I don't know if it's selled word wide. I don't spend money on phones, they are too expensive. I just sign a new contract with Vodafone every year, and they give me a new phone for 1$. This year it was this phone, let's see what they give me next year :D

LE. http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_iii_975-5464.php

Edited by AlexCross

Didn't think that my cheap phone will get to have KitKat :)), Will try tonight the tutorial. Do you know if it works for vodafone smart mini 875 too? is similar to my phone, maybe I can upgrade my mother's phone too.

Edited by AlexCross

Android 4.4 KitKat starts to hit Galaxy Note 3 By Lance Whitney January 13, 2014 4:54 AM PST

The 4.4.2 update has already reached owners of the international version of the Note 3 in Poland, says Sammobile. When could it land in other countries?
Owners of the international version of Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 should expect Android 4.4.2 KitKat to flavor their phablets before too long. The latest version of Android for the Note 3 has already begun showing up in Poland, according to blog site Sammobile, where users must download and install it via Samsung's Kies software. An over-the-air variant is expected to appear as well. No specific dates were revealed to indicate when additional regions might see the update. But other Note 3 owners around the globe will likely receive it sometime over the next couple of weeks. However, US users are out of the running for this particular update. The firmware version for the new update is N9005XXUENA6, which points to the international edition of the Note 3.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57617113-94/android-4.4-kitkat-starts-to-hit-galaxy-note-3

Exclusive: N9005XXUENA6 – Leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware for Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)
http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/12/exclusive-n9005xxuena6-leaked-android-4-4-2-kitkat-test-firmware-for-galaxy-note-3-sm-n9005/

F/W Free DL Direct Link: Size: 1.3GB
http://terafile.co/8ad62b6a39c6/N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX.zip

Edited by Turk