Google buys Boston Dynamics, maker of WildCat robot

Matsuda

LS3-AlphaDog_web_large_verge_medium_land

Google has acquired robotics engineering company Boston Dynamics, best known for its line of quadrupeds with funny gaits and often mind-blowing capabilities.

Products that the firm has demonstrated in recent years include BigDog, a motorized robot that can handle ice and snow, the 29 mile-per-hour Cheetah, and an eerily convincing humanoid known as PETMAN. News of the deal was reported on Friday by The New York Times, which says that the Massachusetts-based company's role in future Google projects is currently unclear.

Specific details about the price and terms of the deal are currently unknown, though Google told the NYT that existing contracts — including a $10.8 million contract inked earlier this year with the US Defense Agency Research Projects Agency (DARPA) — would be honored. Despite the DARPA deal, Google says it doesn't plan to become a military contractor "on its own," according to the Times.

Boston Dynamics began as a spinoff from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1992, and quickly started working on projects for the military. Besides BigDog, that includes Cheetah, an animal-like robot developed to run at high speeds, which was followed up by a more versatile model called WildCat.

It's also worked on Atlas, a humanoid robot designed to work outdoors. In a tweet, Google's Andy Rubin — who formerly ran Google's Android division — said the "future is looking awesome."

sshot_1.png

Rubin earlier this month told NYT that his next big project at Google was to pursue a lifelong love of real robots, something that will be separate from the company's secretive Google X lab best known for "moonshot" projects like balloon-powered internet and self-driving cars. In the meantime, Google's quietly picked up seven different robot companies and hired robotics experts, placing teams in Palo Alto and Japan.

Here's a clip of one of Boston Dynamics' latest robots, WildCat, which debuted earlier this year.

search_button.gifSource

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ambrocious

• dMog

• smallhagrid

• Reefa

Top Posters In This Topic

This news just gets worse and worse. All we need is monolithical corporations buying up other companies, especially this one that helps to aid the United States Military. DARAP actually get assistance from Boston Dynamics and if anyone needs to know, DARPA is a militarized robotics research facility. Google just took another step into becoming militarized.

From the Boston Dynamics own website:

Organizations worldwide, from DARPA, the US Army, Navy and Marine Corps to Sony Corporation turn to Boston Dynamics for advice and for help creating the most advanced robots on Earth.

SOURCE

I can see where this is going, especially if you account for Google and the CIA being closely linked to each other via their CIA Baby Keyhole. Keyhole turned into what we know today as Google Earth which is a giant spy grid over the Earth which they let us have limited access to. Now with this acquisition of Boston Dynamics it looks to me like Google WILL be used some time in the future to roll out weaponized machines with extremely intelligent behavior which have the ability to use multiple ways of tracking people, including GPS. By the way, DARPA funds Boston Dynamics, at least according to the Wiki page. Before it was funded by DARPA, it was funded by the Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division. (Boston Dynamics Wikipedia Page)

I hope others can see what this all means and doesn't just buy the story that this is all for good reasons. This is clearly a covert means to militarize Google even more than it already is.

Edited by Ambrocious

you still only cherry pick your sources and ONLY post end of the world scenarios.... try for once to really go out in the real world and make a real difference ...go volunteer at a homeless shelter or a place where people are fighting addictions or depression and just sit and talk to people(and not about your conspiracies either as these people are ****ed up enough already without you adding gasoline to their fire)and make a REAL difference in some lives instead of sitting in a comfy chair and looking for the fake conspiracies you uncover to save the world,,,you are wasting your life and your talents and everyones time and doing absolutely nothing of value with every single info wars or similar post you have ever made

you still only cherry pick your sources and ONLY post end of the world scenarios.... try for once to really go out in the real world and make a real difference ...go volunteer at a homeless shelter or a place where people are fighting addictions or depression and just sit and talk to people(and not about your conspiracies either as these people are ****ed up enough already without you adding gasoline to their fire)and make a REAL difference in some lives instead of sitting in a comfy chair and looking for the fake conspiracies you uncover to save the world,,,you are wasting your life and your talents and everyones time and doing absolutely nothing of value with every single info wars or similar post you have ever made

Thank you for your constructive criticism and kind words, they edify me to my gills with both joy and self esteem. Thank you for being such a kind, understanding, polite individual. Thank you for telling me how big of a loser I am for posting news from infowars, you are absolutely correct, I should just stop right now and love the always truthful government. Thank you so much. All of my problems are solved, nothing more to do. I can now die and say that I have been taught a lesson by a god made of pure love and kittes and all that other fluffy happy good stuff.

Edited by Ambrocious

nobody wants you to die they all just want you to do good with your life ...not waste it as you are now,,,you care about the world just go out and help ...really help it... what you are doing now is just a waste of your time energy and not accomplishing anything you are trying to actually do

@Ambrocious..I think he is correct you no..You would make a great therapist..No pun intented i think you would..

nobody wants you to die they all just want you to do good with your life ...not waste it as you are now,,,you care about the world just go out and help ...really help it... what you are doing now is just a waste of your time energy and not accomplishing anything you are trying to actually do

You should have your own TV show, you are so wise and full of so much wisdom and understanding. I could never compete with you dMog, you always prove what you say with links to info to backup what you say. You always respond to my comments with so much respect, I feel like family every time I talk to you. I also like how you encourage me to be an individual, to think outside the box and accept EVERYTHING I am being told. If it wasn't for you dMog, the birds wouldn't chirp in the morning and the Sun, it would just stay down. Thank goodness you are here to tell me how much I am wasting my time, now I should have enough time to support Obama Care, demand that these wars we are having just never end AND, I still might have time to donate to a few abortion clinics. Thank you for setting me straight...I really needed that.

@Ambrocious..I think he is correct you no..You would make a great therapist..No pun intented i think you would..

I know dMog is correct, he's like...a god or something. Im glad he's here to continually tell me how completely worthless my posts are, I always leave these forums feeling like Im on top of the world and stuff. It's not like actual REAL people with REAL life problems and many various understandings are reading these forums, so of course, Im completely wasting my time and effort posting my information here. Besides, the info I post never has links to anything of importance, the videos are all consisting of people who know nothing at all and the articles I post...OH GOD....they are just too long, I will NEVER expect people to read them. Everyone knows long articles are not worth reading, we should also stop printing books too because they got paragraph after paragraph of long sentances. Since the government loves me and cares about me and never EVER lies to me, I know that I should just do the right thing and STOP thinking that they lie to me and believe it when they tell me something.

P.S. Thank you F3dupsk1Nup for saying I would make a good theripist, I enjoy seeing people happy so I think your right (no sarcasm). By the way, that paragraph above was directed to dMog, take no offence lol.

P.S. Thank you F3dupsk1Nup for saying I would make a good theripist, I enjoy seeing people happy so I think your right (no sarcasm). By the way, that paragraph above was directed to dMog, take no offence lol.

No offence taken mate.. just my honest opinion :)

I think, What people do not like is: Disseminating the assumption of "Because There is a War On For Your Mind", which may be worse than a serial rapist's daily re-insemination of a blossoming twin pregnancy.

I think, What people do not like is: Disseminating the assumption of "Because There is a War On For Your Mind", which may be worse than a serial rapist's daily re-insemination of a blossoming twin pregnancy.

my point exactly to ambro...instead of chasing his fantasies he should be actually out there doing some good in the world...not that he needs to become a crime fighter or stop felonies but really there is so much one can easily do to make the world a better place than to chase down the total falsehoods and lies he sees as the truth and to be telling every person he comes in contact with the very wealthy of this world are conspiring to kill us all and take over the world and that the federal ans state governments of the USA is part and parcel of this fantasy he has..or that he stands almost alone as the beacon of truth that has countless times us from this horrible death by exposing the various plots to attain this and always minutes if not seconds after they happen he is here with the proof positive that it was yet another false flag op and by his exposure of the operation it has made the guilty stop form going any further with their plans to do more harm to others...how many times have he saved the world form destruction in his own mind...too many many times to list here

Edited by dMog

my point exactly to ambro...instead of chasing his fantasies he should be actually out there doing some good in the world...not that he needs to become a crime fighter or stop felonies but really there is so much one can easily do to make the world a better place than to chase down the total falsehoods and lies he sees as the truth and to be telling every person he comes in contact with the very wealthy of this world are conspiring to kill us all and take over the world and that the federal ans state governments of the USA is part and parcel of this fantasy he has..or that he stands almost alone as the beacon of truth that has countless times us from this horrible death by exposing the various plots to attain this and always minutes if not seconds after they happen he is here with the proof positive that it was yet another false flag op and by his exposure of the operation it has made the guilty stop form going any further with their plans to do more harm to others...how many times have he saved the world form destruction in his own mind...too many many times to list here

What did I lie about in my articles? That DARPA is a military robotics facility? That Google and CIA are linked together via Keyhole? That Boston Dynamics helps to create advanced robotics for even DARPA? What did I lie about?

WHAT did I lie about? Please be specific, and I don't want to hear, "you know what you lie about," because that is no excuse. Tell me how I'm lying dMog. You say Im a liar that chases down falshoods. Do you know how to check and see if what I post is true? Can you check links? Can you read those links and see where they go to?

You fail to see the connections dMog. Here are the connections:

Google and CIA are tied together via Google Earth formally known as Keyhole which is a global satellite system, but Google Earth is merely snapshots of the world for us civilians. Boston Dynamics creates robotics for DARPA, which is a military grade robotics facility. You see NOTHING about this that raises a red flag? Nothing at all?

If Google isn't purchasing this for any bad reasons at all, why would Google buy a military grade robotics research facility for? I haven't seen you answer a straight question yet, maybe this time is different.

Edited by Ambrocious

Constantly I hear from some folks that it is best to try and change the world for the better - and from others that all is beautiful and well and getting better all the time.

To me this is all delusional thinking.

This world is not only very, very badly broken - but it is OBVIOUSLY getting exponentially worse every minute.

Individuals alone are too small to change anything that is big enough to reverse the messes.

Those who attempt to do so in groups tend to be jailed, discredited, disbanded or just vanish mysteriously.

The way I see it - there are 3 main sources for the ELE currently in progress that are mostly being ignored by most folks.

The results of these serious, ongoing events seems most likely to be global asphyxiation - as in actual anoxia for those (like us) who require the higher levels of oxygen in order to live.

This is not imaginary, and it is proceeding apace and there is NOTHING being done to ease any of these events.

My POV is to enjoy whatever time remains me in this life and observe honestly what is going on - but not worry about it because there ain't a thing I can do to change whatever will be happening anyhow.

Constantly I hear from some folks that it is best to try and change the world for the better - and from others that all is beautiful and well and getting better all the time.

To me this is all delusional thinking.

This world is not only very, very badly broken - but it is OBVIOUSLY getting exponentially worse every minute.

Individuals alone are too small to change anything that is big enough to reverse the messes.

Those who attempt to do so in groups tend to be jailed, discredited, disbanded or just vanish mysteriously.

The way I see it - there are 3 main sources for the ELE currently in progress that are mostly being ignored by most folks.

The results of these serious, ongoing events seems most likely to be global asphyxiation - as in actual anoxia for those (like us) who require the higher levels of oxygen in order to live.

This is not imaginary, and it is proceeding apace and there is NOTHING being done to ease any of these events.

My POV is to enjoy whatever time remains me in this life and observe honestly what is going on - but not worry about it because there ain't a thing I can do to change whatever will be happening anyhow.

I understand where your coming from BUT :

8lsYsOU.jpg

We may be in for one hell of a hard future, nearly impossible to survive but that doesn't mean we stop trying to be the best person that we can be. Try not to look at it as though there is nothing that can be done about it. There is always something that can be done about; we have been taught the opposite though haven't we? Before anything else, we have to first know what is happening and prepare peacefully while telling others. I come here to these nsaneforums for example because in general, the people are smart and respectable. I couldn't think of another community so well put together with awesome updates on the front page and a community full of people with so many different perspectives on life.

This is the reason I am here for. I realize not everyone agrees on exactly what is happening and what will happen but that is what makes it so much better. There is diversity amongst people and as long as they all understand the facts regarding the direction that this planet is hurtling towards, we can all face the problems in many different ways. We all work as a team, humanity. There is NO OTHER WAY to get this done then to set aside our intellectual differences and review world affairs whilst attempting to problem solves.

For every single bad thing that is on this planet that is helping to destroy this planet and the life on it, we need to discuss how we can make it better. Problem solving units need to be developed and deployed in a way that includes the local people so they too can voice ideas on how to fix things in each person’s local environment. This includes the ridding of police or other authorities via grand juries so that we can instate new police and other people in charge of actually "Serving" the people, which is how it use to be. We must get rid of laws that cause financial instability. Repeal the Federal Resrve Act of 1913. Reinstate the Glass–Steagall Act. Support local farms and clothing stores. Develop friendships with your neighbors.

Those steps are but a few things that can be done...but there is still a mountain of other things that need to be fixed and everyone that can needs to be a part of it or we really do have no long term future. Period.

Don't EVER give up.

Edited by Ambrocious

Thanks for being so thoughtful and clear Ambrocious.

I haven't given up at all - but at the same time my own peace & harmony demand that I simply watch as things unfold.

The 3 ELE bringing situations I refer to are not only far beyond being affected by discussions & laws - they are far, far beyond any publicly known technologies to even come close to undoing what they are doing.

These make HAARP & chemtrails look like little kids playing with blocks.

I don't even refer to such events as 'harm' anymore because logically if this species is not aware, motivated & wise enough to keep itself living, then the coming ELE is as well earned as it is inevitable.

For decades I asked questions and pointed at things which folks were always 'too busy' to bother with and 'didn't want to hear'.

It was baffling to me to watch folks bring about their own misery as if they did not even know what their own mouths and hands were doing.

Facing my own imminent demise due to illness showed me it was time to stop banging my head against that wall when I really needed that energy & attention to heal myself.

So I watch - most often in sheer amazement or if you prefer - constant, total amazement:

I love that clip - but like this one too as I relate with it very well:

Acceptance of the obvious truth is a wonderful thing.

Why is it that when humans make their own robots it is already on the adult stage?

How can that learn anything now on its own? Hmm... :think: