How to Download Windows 8.1 If You Can’t See the Update in the Windows Store

loyal

Question PLZ

To upgrade from WIN 8 Enterprise edition TO WIN 8.1 Enterprise edition

Should I download WIN 8.1 Enterprise ISO file and install it , then during install it chose Upgrading option ????

Is this right ?

or there is any another choice

The Windows 8.1 Enterprise upgrades with choice of "keep files" or "nothing" AFAIK

What a bout activation . Still or should reactivate like pro rtm?

• Replies 96
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tezza

• loyal

• demoneye

• hamede

Top Posters In This Topic

Question PLZ

To upgrade from WIN 8 Enterprise edition TO WIN 8.1 Enterprise edition

Should I download WIN 8.1 Enterprise ISO file and install it , then during install it chose Upgrading option ????

Is this right ?

or there is any another choice

The Windows 8.1 Enterprise upgrades with choice of "keep files" or "nothing" AFAIK

What a bout activation . Still or should reactivate like pro rtm?

Reactivate as you did before with Enterprise key :)

It's also country related. I have a working key, but it says 'Windows is not available for download in your country/region'. Damned I'm sitting actually in Peru, don't know for how long :-)

For Genuine own 8 key user only (may work with leak key ? )

Download both the install win 8 AND install win 8.1 from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oduct-key-only

Run windows8setup.exe, put in your win 8.0 key. As soon as it says downloading, close it.

Then run windowsSetupbox.exe, you don't need to enter anything, it will immediately start to d/l 8.1 which gives the option to create an iso.

:)

D/L 8.1 ISO with leaked key

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190318-windows-81-and-windows-server-2012-r2-general-availability-update-rollup/?p=664266

Edited by tezza

Thks much tezza for the trick. However the version I received was 6.3.9600. 16384. Is it not before the "roll up" update?

Edited by phuong12

Thks much tezza for the trick. However the version I received was 6.3.9600. 16384. Is it not before the "roll up" update?

Retail does not have the GA Rollup embedded, It comes through Windows updates :) it is the same as leaked WZOR ISO, only VOLUME have the rollup included.

Edited by tezza

I'm getting a bit confused. Can someone kind to tell me if there is available, a version coming from MSDN, which is not RTM, nor Vol. In case I need an "install.wim" to make Windows-to-Go USB, there's some way to do it?

StarshipSpaceX

I have found the working keys for Windows 8.1 Pro i am downloading now does anyone know whats the fast and best way to upload torrent or magnet side share it with you all? I am not registered any of the torrent sides cause i don't use for uploading!

bekt.png

Please provide me working key for windows 8/8.1 download !!!

Man this is confusing... If I installed Win 8 Pro using a MAK key (via phone method), am I able to simply upgrade from the Microsoft Store without having to reactivate etc? Or MUST I do a clean install with an 8.1 MAK key? I don't want to do a clean install if I can possibly help it...

Man this is confusing... If I installed Win 8 Pro using a MAK key (via phone method), am I able to simply upgrade from the Microsoft Store without having to reactivate etc? Or MUST I do a clean install with an 8.1 MAK key? I don't want to do a clean install if I can possibly help it...

you have to clean install...as my knowledge....and have to activation again..

If you wish to do an upgrade, use a win8.1 ISO and choose upgrade during installation and keep everything, of course you will need to activate again , by kms for 180 days when finished.

how winstore downloded win8.1Pro x64 bit & installed can be creat DVD for clean install & for future use. & where this downloaded program found in which drive & file

how winstore downloded win8.1Pro x64 bit & installed can be creat DVD for clean install & for future use. & where this downloaded program found in which drive & file

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190216-how-to-download-windows-81-if-you-cant-see-the-update-in-the-windows-store/?p=661640

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190318-windows-81-and-windows-server-2012-r2-general-availability-update-rollup/?p=664266

This gives the option of creating bootable media

C:\$Windows.~BT\

Edited by tezza

You have to be fast, the folder will be deleted after updating from winstore, btw the files are not the same as the one downloaded with WindowsSetupBox. Also try to run setup and see what keys will be accepted. I did not succeed to make it accept ONE.

The setup from the ISO downloaded from WindowsSetupBox accept all correct keys, even my WMC upgrade key.

Edited by TShadow

Is akind of chaos here.

I was able to download Win 8.1 retail .iso file with this method (have a legit win 8 retail key ~ 39,99$ last year)

1. Enter here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only and download that 2 instalers

2. First run kit file from "Install Windows 8" and enter your legit Win 8 Pro key

3. When download starts, just close that window (just click on the red X box in the upper right corner, there's no stop button)

4. Run kit file from "Install Windows 8.1" and you should see download started.

5. After finish, you have option to save .iso, make bootable USB, etc...the downloaded files are placed in a hidden ESD folder in the root of your Windows drive

6. Start install Win 8.1 using generic key from here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867.aspx Pro edition " GCRJD-8NW9H-F2CDX-CCM8D-9D6T9 "

7. After install finishes, open PC Setting/ Click on Change product Key/ Type in your legit Windows 8 product key & activate or open an admin command prompt, type slmgr /ipk <your.real.key> and press Enter

8. Restart and you should see watermark gone and Windows activated in Win properties.

9. I was able to input Media Center key using Add Features function.

*Using blacklisted key, u will see "can't connect/try connection and try again" error.

**If your current running Win is x86 your download will be the 32 bit version /// if its x64 the downloaded file will be 64 bit.

***Downloaded x86 .iso using all the steps above in my VMWare (Win7 Pro 32 bit) using same key (legit one), and x64 .iso in my real Win 8 Pro MC x64 system.

****From what I have read in other places, some .iso have a different size, CRC-32/ MD5/ SHA-1 do not fit in the same edition downloaded from Microsoft .

Some suggest that it is a kind of customization based on each key retail kit

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker. :tehe:

@Edos , why install with KMS Client Setup Keys ?, use 8.1 pro generic installation key C9WKB

I do not know ... that is legal, taken from the Microsoft website? My link proves that at step 6.

Your key will also work, but .. do you have a link about the key origin and legality? .. except mydigitallife

All i posted is just a trick, a legal one, no hack, and is for those with legal licenses who want a legal .iso image to a simple and efficient upgrade.

Edited by Edos

Sorry if this is answered before but I want to ask if windows 8.1 . Iso can be used to upgrade windows 8 preinstalled on laptop and will it need the key or it will be detected automatically during update?

Sorry if this is answered before but I want to ask if windows 8.1 . Iso can be used to upgrade windows 8 preinstalled on laptop and will it need the key or it will be detected automatically during update?

The key is embedded in the bios, so will activate automatically as long as you use same Win 8.1 ISO as installed ie Core, Pro etc. As precaution always check key with rweverything or win8 product key finder before proceeding.

edit

You can also clean install and remain activated

Edited by tezza