Antivirus for Windows 8.1

Matt

• Administrator

till Kaspersky updates im using Avast Internet security v8.0.1497 get it HERE small compatability issue but go HERE for simple workaround

yes and I'm waiting for it too and hope the release it as soon as they can.

• Replies 57
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt

• Edgar.Elooo

• ns870152

• Matsuda

Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 works like a charm in W8.1.

yes used it but not lik kaspersky internet security 2014

Of couse not, but if you want a good security suite in W8.1, Bitdefender is the only one that works fine without bugs.

KIS 2014 has a lot of bugs in W7, W8 and W8.1.

Edited by Edgar.Elooo

Of couse not, but if you want a good security suite in W8.1, Bitdefender is the only one that works fine without bugs.

pls be patient.soon they wil be fixed.they NEVER FAIL

• 2 weeks later...

I can't also understand those people whose sole purpose is an anti-virus program to be install on your computer. Why?

However, it is known that they will make your computer several times slower. After all, these same producing viruses who producing anti-virus programs, etc..

None of the antivirus program don't protect you for nothing.

Finally. If you must to get some kind of virus, then you can get it anyway.

But I can not give you a recommendation for where to get it (some virus). And I do not know anyone who have never got a virus on his computer. Usually there is only a faulty or corrupted program, usually cracked or shared over P2P systems.

I really hope, that many does not like this, because how do you still suddenly give up on your own obsessions.

I do not know if what I am about to write has already been reported somewhere else but it is very interesting what I've read .....

Windows 8.1 is supposed to work just as smooth as Windows 8, so most, if not all products that are compatible with the core operating system are expected to get along very well with the update too.

Microsoft has rolled out a service to help users find out whether a specific product is compatible with Windows 8.1 or not, including here, drivers, app updates, stand-alone software, and hardware.

The only thing you have to do on this page is to enter the product name and hit “Search,” with Microsoft showing compatibility information with Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/compatibility/compatcenter/home

• Administrator

I do not know if what I am about to write has already been reported somewhere else but it is very interesting what I've read .....

Windows 8.1 is supposed to work just as smooth as Windows 8, so most, if not all products that are compatible with the core operating system are expected to get along very well with the update too.

Microsoft has rolled out a service to help users find out whether a specific product is compatible with Windows 8.1 or not, including here, drivers, app updates, stand-alone software, and hardware.

The only thing you have to do on this page is to enter the product name and hit “Search,” with Microsoft showing compatibility information with Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/compatibility/compatcenter/home

I know that and Kaspersky said that they won't release any patch for compatible with 8.1 until it's available for public. in mid of OCT.

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2013 on Windows 8.1 Pro without any problems..

I hate Norton products... too much of resource hog... plus the AV they make CAN be bypassed by hackers... supposedly that was patched long ago but I stopped using it anyways!

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2013 on Windows 8.1 Pro without any problems..

I hate Norton products... too much of resource hog... plus the AV they make CAN be bypassed by hackers... supposedly that was patched long ago but I stopped using it anyways!

Not true at all.....since version 2009 Norton products are great in terms of using system resources.

Will use windows defender until ESET 7 be finally released. :)

ESET NOD32 AV 4 is still good working, lightest AV ever

I used much it in XP, works good in 8.1 is?

I used much it in XP, works good in 8.1 is?

yes, it works well in Windows 7 and 8.1

But I disable mail client protection and integration functions

Edited by ns870152