How To Manual Or Automatic Backup/Restore Activation On Windows 8.1 RTM, Server 2012 R2 & Office 2013

november_ra1n

november_ra1n

How To Manual Or Automatic Backup/Restore Activation On Windows 8.1 RTM, Server 2012 R2 & Office 2013

g2rx.png

1. Offline Activation [Phone Activation] Backup/Restore Tools

1. Automatic backup/restore Windows 8.1 RTM, Server 2012 R2 & Office 2013 activation via MS Toolkit 2.5.2

A. Backup......

1. Open Windows Toolkit Go to the last tab >>> License Backup

2. Create Backup Name [in my example Windows 8.1 RTM Pro]

bbtl.png

3. When and if Windows Toolkit asked any product name just enter the box correctly. [if you activate using Retail Keys you wont ne ask in my example Office 2013 Pro Activated via MAK Keys therefore i have been asked]

xqf0.png

4. Hit Backup Tab to created Backup folder.

hicc.png

B. Restore......

When you reinstall your Windows 8 and Office 2013 you need Microsoft Toolkit and Backup folder earlier you created.

1. Once again go to License Tab Enter the backup name you created earlier - Make sure you enter exactly same name when you created backup session if you don't remember look at the folder name inside backup files!
2. Hit Restore Tab and wait till application reinstall.

1pcn.png

3. Right click desktop click refresh button magic happens your Windows & Office activated.

2d9x.png

Tested Working With Charm VMware Workstation on Windows 8.1 RTM Pro x64 & Installed Office 2013 Pro Plus!

Credit: CODYQX4 [MDL]

Or

Advanced Tokens Manager v3.5 RC 5

[support Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 ]

3h4c.png

About:

Advanced Tokens Manager is a safer application that help you with the Windows and Office Activation Backup and Restore.
Microsoft imposes one limit of activations online and by phone for all licenses on your products.
This application is able to make the full backup of all activation data stored on the computer for an trusted restore without damage or modify the activation system.

Features:

Activation restore success rate of 100% if the new product edition is the same from backup and the copy is clean installed.
Preserve the Hardware ID Master Generation Key for sensitive licence channels when it's activated by Phone.
Use the same backup for restore the activation status infinitely on the same hardware.
Don't take ownership of any activation file backup / restoring the file properties.
Activate the product from x86 to x64 and vice versa when have the same edition.
Install a fresh product indows copy with newer service packs and updates.
Stores all activation details for an trusted activation restore.
All product license activation channels are fully-supported.
Check if the detected key match with the installed license.
Backup integrity checker with CRC32 of all backed-up files.
Check if the backup is valid for the product Edition.
Force the restore reinstalling files from tokens.dat.
Update your drivers without lost the activation.
Refresh the drivers before the restore.
Application log for activation restore.
Static Product ID after activated

Instructions:
You must have the correct SLIC (Software Licensing Description Table) for OEM activations.
Online and Phone activations will be instantly activated after restore.
Don't have major changes on the hardware.
Windows 8 and Office 2013 have the same activation system, so the backup is saved in one place called of 'Activation Backup', that stores all license data for Windows and Office.
For the Windows 8 and Office 2010 or Windows 7 with the Office 2013 or 2010, the backup is made separately called of 'Windows Activation Backup' and 'Office Activation Backup' respectively.
Is needed to install the Windows and Office 2013 for restore their activation on a Windows 8 system.

* All backup data is stored on the root of the application in folders separately.
* Limited activations that have grace period isn't supported. In other words, only permanent activations is supported for Windows and Office.
* For Upgrade Activations, is needed the installation of a Retail copy of the Operating System. In other words, you will get problems restoring an upgrade activation on a Volume License copy.
* If you've restarted the computer on the restore, the network adapters doesn't will work properly. You need to activate your network on the Device Manager.
* Is advised the installation of the same drivers from the backup on the restore to avoid problems
on the activation.

If the restore won't have activated the system:

The Operating System has been detected an blacklisted product key and have blocked the activation.
The Operating System has been detected major hardware changes and have blocked the activation.
The Operating System hasn't detected a valid SLIC Table for OEM Activations.

Sorry, the Product Key not match error:

The application haven't detected the correct Product Key on the registry and you need to enter manually.
Is necessary for the correct Activation Restore, the Product Key is stored on Config.ini file.
If the error appears, is needed to enter manually the Product Key for an safe restore.
Primarily occurs with MAK Product Keys that is hidden from the Registry.
Is shown the last 5 characters of the real key detected.

The Backup Compatibility is:
Windows 8.1 Family ***
Windows 8 Family
Windows 7 Family
Windows Vista Family
Windows Server 2008 / 2011 / 2012 Family
Microsoft Office Family from 2010 to 2013

* All editions, versions and Service Packs.
* Requires .NET Framework v4.0.

*** WARNING ABOUT WINDOWS 8.1 COMPATIBILITY ***
*** Windows 8.1 is * NOT * fully supported. All the activation data can be saved, but only those that were activated by * Phone * will be restored properly.
In other words, the Online activated backups can not be restored until now, * ONLY * if your OS is the Windows 8.1 – Other OS(es) are NOT affected ! We are working to discover why.
*** You can * NOT * restore the Windows 8 activation on Windows 8.1. Microsoft was made hard changes on the Windows 8.1 activation system, so we are unable to port the Windows 8 activation to Windows 8.1 without brick the system.

Latest Release Changelog:
v3.5 RC 5 [2013/09/29]

- Added Windows 8.1 * PARTIAL * backup / restore compatibility, read the 'Backup Compatibility' area to know more
- Added MSDM product key decoding for OEM Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 systems (Thanks to Alphawaves @MDL Forums)
- Solved the CRC32 error on Windows 8
- Solved some GUI alignment
- Internal code optimized

Homepage - http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/advancedtokensmanager/
Name: Advanced Tokens Manager v3.5 RC 5.zipSize: 1.12 MBCRC32: 290E0B88MD5: 48DBDD504662C0D48984D70B79931C79SHA-1: 4DE6AC70767BA77D80E9272716C69A0A7AA37E3B

Screenshots Instruction
1. Backup
1.1. Hit Activation Backup
1.2. When you see the Warning Page read and click yes

fa5s.png

1.3. When you asked product key you need to enter inside the box full product key related wit Edition usually Office 2013 key will be asked
Tick i have checked this in my product key then click Continue

5rib.png

1.4. Wait till Advance Token Manager Backup then save it for the Restore process.

2. Restore

2.1. Click Activation Restore then when you asked restore now enter YES.

8hh9.png

2.2. Wait till Advance Token Manager disable internet connection and reinstall the activation the end you will see Success!

ffch.png

Testimonial

6pea.png

Tested VMware Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit and Office 2013 Pro Plus, Visio & Project Pro working like a charm!

=====================================================================================================

2. Online Activation Backup & Restore Tool

OPA-Backup 3.4.2 [support Windows 8.1 + Office 2013 both Online & Offline Activation]

owsGpW.jpg

OPA-Backup is able to backup the product activation of Microsoft Office XP, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. After reinstalling Windows, it restores the backup so that there is no need for activating Office again.

New: compatible with Windows 8.1 & Office 2013,!
Supported Product:
Microsoft Office XPMicrosoft Office 2003Microsoft Office 2007Microsoft Office 2010Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 & Office 2013
Requirement: .NET Framework 2.0
changelog & checksums
http://www.opa-backup.de/changelog_en.txt

Terms of use
To use this software, please follow the rules listed below:
You must have acquired Microsoft Office lawfully.
Microsoft Office has to be activated.
You must fulfill Microsoft's software license agreement.
OPA-Backup does not violate Microsoft's Office suite copyright.

CHANGELOG
---------
- fixed some compatibility issue concerning Office 2010 and Windows 8

CHECKSUMS
---------

Readme.txt

Version: Microsoft Windows 8 & Office 2013  - Before restoring the backup, disable your network connection  completely to prevent an automatic online activation. - Use the identical serial number when reinstalling the software. - Once Windows and Office are reinstalled, you have to restore the  backup before running any of the Office applications. - Restart your computer directly after finishing the restoration process.  THE RESTORATION PROCESS MAY FAIL UNDER THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES: - There are significant hardware differences between the computer used  for backing up and the computer used for restoring. - The version of Windows on the computer used for backing up differs  from the computer used for restoring (e.g. when upgrading from  Windows XP to 7 or from Windows 8.0 to 8.1).

Testimonial

Tested on Vmware Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro + Office 2013 Pro Plus SP1 successfully backup & restore both Online / Offline Activation.

Homepage - http://www.opa-backup.de/index_en.php
opabackup342.zipCRC32: F43E0F25MD5: BC837541AA44DB5BA7EC67C75398E0D2SHA-1: D8E00D36BC17E0F78820680E82732949CA6200E2

Windows 9 Product Key Viewer 1.5.0 [backup/Restore Online Activation Support Tool]

About:
Windows 9 Product Key Viewer view Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 Windows 8-8.1 product keys.

Current Version: 1.4.8z

Whats New:
View SKU
View key in MSDM table.
View internet explorer key.
View Activation status (activated, unactivated, tampered state.)
Backup and restore activation Windows 7, Windows 8.1.
*** Backup and restore online activated mak key in Windows 8.1.***
Backup and restore exact PID with hidden product keys.
Detect MSDM or SLIC table and OEMID.

Features:
View Windows Product Keys.
Supports x86/x64
Name: pkeyuibx.exeCRC32: 2B2CDF71MD5: F64B12E6B6B6FF3554DEE0B00B913668SHA-1: D9E2992764AAFE3910F1D3C78E7B403FD3B79B3D

=====================================================================================================

2. Manually backup and restore Windows 8.1 RTM, Server 2012 R2 & Office 2013 activation

I create this topic about manually backup and restore Windows 8.1 for you guys you do not need rely on any third party software when you need to reinstall your Windows copy, you can easily do it yourself. Other reason is still early age of Windows 8.1 RTM non of the backup and restore software not functioning at the moment.

Important Points you need to know before backup and reinstall procedure:
1. The activation is tied to your specific hardware and OS edition, so keep this in mind.
2. The solution will likely 100% fail if you make changes to hardware and re-install Windows and then trying to restore activation again
3. It has come to my attention that installing certain hardware drivers will break the activation on Windows 8 forcing you to reactivate. One way to prevent this from happening would be to make sure everything is installed and up to date before activating and then take the backup. That way when you have reinstalled Windows and the hardware drivers it should work just fine restoring activation later.
4. Once we buy the retail version of Windows 8, backing up the activation would be a more permanent solution given that you don't change the hardware or OS edition along the road which means you have to reactivate and backup again.
5. This manual backup and reactivate methot was working on KMS Activation but as there is non working KMS Activation i just can not check at this moment however there is no reason why shouldn't if there is in the future.

Instruction:
A. Backup Windows Activation

1. Enable Show hidden files, folders and drivers to order to see and save all activation backup files
Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization
Then Checked Show hidden files, folders and drivers

t5d4.png

2. Go to this location and save spp folder in somewhere save in your other hard drive, partition, usb stick DVD etc....
C:\Windows\System32\spp
3. Make sure to verify that the store folder contains these files and folders!

nzck.png

1 file named data.dat which is hidden
1 file named tokens.dat which is visible
1 folder named cache containing a file named cache.dat

B. Reinstall Windows

1. After Windows is reinstalled I suggest running a new Command Prompt as Administrator where you need to type in

slmgr -upk 
to uninstall the key so the status changes to Unlicensed

aofi.png

2. You need to reboot in Safe mode and easiest way is by using msconfig via Run.

kfah.png

3. Choose the Boot tab and then Safe boot-Minimal, apply and restart when prompted reboot

qg9q.png

4. Click Restart PC IN Safe mode

4zy7.png

5. After the PC has rebooted in Safe mode open a new Command Prompt as Administrator and type
net stop sppsvc 
to stop the Software Protection Platform service

1fvr.png

6. Go to location:
C:\Windows\System32\spp\ 
copy and replace the current store folder with the backed up one

Notice: Even i stop Software Protection Platform service still some files Did not let me to copy and replace maybe i was experimenting on Virtual Machine if you can copy and replace some of the files i suggest to use:
WinOwnership Tool By joshcell
Download Link:
http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/winownership/
Using this tool just drag the spp folder inside application

zqg.png

After that open all the files inside the right folder
Easiest way find the related folder then click Cntrl + A then click OK to send all files all in one make sure you do for every files to the related folder!

03ku.png

After click OK every files send to the related folder

jo58.png

7. Go to Run and use msconfig and choose Normal boot under General tab this time, apply and click restart when prompted

8. When restarted you can see that the watermarks are gone and by checking the usual

Command Prompt (Admin)
slmgr /atoslmgr.vbs /dlvslmgr -dli 
You'll see that it worked and you're activated..
Tested on VMware Workstation Windows 8.1 RTM Pro x64 working flawlessly! [30 August 2013] november_ra1n

More Information about Windows 8.1 Build 9600 RTM Download Links & Permanent Activation Via Phone >>>

• Replies 159
  • Views 113.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

does the spp folder contains office 2013 activation too ?

Yes if you are on Windows 8 or 8.1 and activate both it contains Windows 8/8.1 and Office 2013 activation therefore when you successfully manually backup you do all in one.

november_ra1n

My PC has dual OS: Windows 7 and 8. Can I restore by copying in Windows 7 ?

You need to restore each Operation System separately you can not do it all in one beside windows 7 activation files different place and called different name then Windows 8.

My PC has dual OS: Windows 7 and 8. Can I restore by copying in Windows 7 ?

You need to restore each Operation System separately you can not do it all in one beside windows 7 activation files different place and called different name then Windows 8.

Thank you

In windows 7, I can copy/paste easily the folder spp of Windows 8 without going to safemode

I will try later if I re-install Windows 8 somedays

november_ra1n

no success, windows is not activated

Give us more detail where did it go wrong for us to help you more method has been tested few times on VMware Windows 8.1 RTM Pro 64 bit and 32 bit was successfully activated over inactive operation system.

i test this works successfully with me thanks

Did you use the manual method from first post or through MDL link method?

If you used MDL link method,just keep those activation data files also for future use incase MS screw something.

I follow the instructions carefully, which is talking about November ra1n succeed it with me and he has a problem please read thoroughly and will succeed it

i tried with backup and re install the windows 8.1 pro wmc ,just backup data.dat ,tokken.dat and polder cache.dat ,and copy paste in windows normall ,no safe mode no takeownersip ,it's work for me.

november_ra1n

i tried with backup and re install the windows 8.1 pro wmc ,just backup data.dat ,tokken.dat and polder cache.dat ,and copy paste in windows normall ,no safe mode no takeownersip ,it's work for me.

If this way works for you even better less job more juicy bit just do whatever is quicker and best 4 you guys. Instruction has been given longest and full way just incase eliminate every possible failure.

If this way works for you even better less job more juicy bit just do whatever is quicker and best 4 you guys. Instruction has been given longest and full way just incase eliminate every possible failure.

Thanks for intruction november rain..

During this time you have always helped me.thanks before his :) :D :)

KamenRiderBlack

just backing up the store folder will do the trick. you can aslo overwrite the store folder.

november_ra1n

just backing up the store folder will do the trick. you can aslo overwrite the store folder.

Yes you can on the instruction.. When you go safe mode explained page one you should be able to copy and replace full spp folder

KamenRiderBlack

just backing up / overwriting the store folder works for me though, I don't even go into safe mode.

just backing up / overwriting the store folder works for me though, I don't even go into safe mode.

If possible,create a backup image of the activated OS using any imaging software like Macrium Reflect.

november_ra1n

I will have a look at om VMvare again if full spp folder copy and replace without going through safe more i will change those part on topic thank you let me know just maybe i was extirememting VMware therefore maybe only me not letting paste.!

Archived