[Solved] Why RAM gets sick ? my own 4GB ram problem (help me!)

Cyberboom

Hi Nsane community :hi: ,

I have MSI gaming notebook with 8 GB of Nanya RAM (4 * 2) .After about eight month of purchasing date , I got a problem with one of the RAM #1 which cause BSOD (MEMORY MANAGEMENT) .I did memory diagnostic on Windows 7 and the result was "Hardware problem was detected .." .

Why this happen ? I did't make any thing wrong with my laptop ,(I mean I really care about its temperature and keep it clean from dust ..)

By the way The laptop is still working well (running games , programs ,NET ) except sometimes I get the mentioned BSOD.

:please:

Is there any one knows about or faced like that problem ?

And what do you advise me to do about my sick ram ? :(

Solved :

I brought my laptop to MSI service center to fix it .. Staff there told me that both of RAMs have a problem .They replaced RAMs with new same brand RAM (NANYA) .When I asked them about what was the problem ,they just told me that "Unexpected error occurred !"

The important thing my laptop is now working like charm without any annoying BSOD :D

Edited by Cyberboom

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyberboom

• GRiM

• demoneye

• rudrax

Top Posters In This Topic

i will cut it short , its a new pc , you got mem hardware problem , send it to warranty to get a deep checking and replacing the bad hardware :)

anyway that what i was doing if i was you :D

Edited by demoneye

Thanks Demoneye ,

but I was wondering about my problem reasons ..

MidnightDistortions

RAM could go bad for a number of reasons; static shock (handled incorrectly), bad PSU, defects, excessive heat buildup.

Thanks Demoneye ,

How on earth can anybody give you a answer to that silly question?

Why you get mad ? -_-

This is discussing forum not silent one !

Most RAM usually comes with lifetime warranty, don't worry about it!

thank you x3ro :)

If you have the warranty - just avail it. If you don't wanna do that than the best that you can do is:

Open your notebook - detach the faulty RAM - rub the metal part with pencil eraser - then use a toothbrush to clean the slot and assemble all again.

If this doesn't work, get the doctor :medic:

I think first ,i will go on taking advantage of warranty :D

If you have opened your notebook within the warranty period, you might have some problm while availing the warranty.

If you have opened your notebook within the warranty period, you might have some problm while availing the warranty.

correct , that why i immediately said use your warranty !!! :)

good luck :D

The reason of RAM problems could be 101 reasons.

Some I can think off is high temperatures in the computer, overclocking, electrical problems like over voltage or unstable electrical power and the quality of the hardware.

RAM brand Nanya isn't excacly an A-brand and so the quality is that of a non A-brand RAM manufacturer.

The advantage is that's most of the time cheaper then the more reliable RAM modules.

If I buy RAM modules for people and it must be cheap, I buy Kingston Vualue RAM modules.

For myself and friend that's more concern about performance then price, I buy Corsair Vengeance RAM modules.

I fix a lot of computers and I noticed that some cheap RAM brands are causes for problems and high rate of failure.

That's why I buy high quality brand with a small extra price, but a lot less problems.

Some I can think off is high temperatures in the computer, overclocking, electrical problems like over voltage or unstable electrical power and the quality of the hardware.

RAM brand Nanya isn't excacly an A-brand and so the quality is that of a non A-brand RAM manufacturer.

The advantage is that's most of the time cheaper then the more reliable RAM modules.

If I buy RAM modules for people and it must be cheap, I buy Kingston Vualue RAM modules.

For myself and friend that's more concern about performance then price, I buy Corsair Vengeance RAM modules.

I fix a lot of computers and I noticed that some cheap RAM brands are causes for problems and high rate of failure.

That's why I buy high quality brand with a small extra price, but a lot less problems.

Thanks for information .. :)

But in my case , I didn't overclock the RAM and even I disabled Intel Turbo boost Technology ..

About Nanya RAM .. many friends told me that this Taiwan industry is excelent .So now I'm a little confused :unsure:

Edited by Cyberboom

The biggest crap are the no-name RAM modules.

Nanya isn't totally bad, but their quality isn't the same like Samsung of Micron's RAM chips according to me.

Also you could have a RAM module with good RAM chips on it, but the PCB that's made by the RAM module maker itself could be bad.

Some RAM module makers test the RAM chips and only the one's that are fine are been used, but some cheap manufacturer doesn't test the RAM chips and so on...

Like Kingston, the don't make their own RAM chips I think, but buy them from other RAM chip companies like Samsung of Micron or Nanya.

The they put the bought RAM chips on a PCB made by Kingston itself along with the SPD chip that contains info about the timings and voltages of the RAM module.

If you have the warranty - just avail it. If you don't wanna do that than the best that you can do is:

Open your notebook - detach the faulty RAM - rub the metal part with pencil eraser - then use a toothbrush to clean the slot and assemble all again.

If this doesn't work, get the doctor :medic:

If you are going to do this do it with a "Staedtler eraser" and not just a pencil eraser.

@Cyberboom the laptop and the parts in it might come with some defects. I agree with those who said to use your warranty first. Don't open your laptop if you are not sure what you are going to do with it. You will just damage it more.

Thanks Demoneye ,

How on earth can anybody give you a answer to that silly question?

Why you get mad ? -_-

This is discussing forum not silent one !

I wasnt mad. I was simply saying that nobody can give yo an answer as to why your RAM failed. Al they can do is give you a million different ways and scenarios it could fail.

RAM can and does fail at any time, whether its new or not so if its a new system just take it back and get a warranty replacement.

• Administrator

My Kingston RAM has chips that has Kingston written on it. So probably Kingston has started making it's own chips.

+1, i upgraded to 2x4GB DC Vengeance modules some weeks ago and they are pretty good, you also get lifetime warranty (so no need to use them as coaster for the table), if one module fails, you can get a new one.

Solved !: main post updated :)