ESET v4 Fixes

shought

For your info,

If you disable (unchecked) 'Enable self-defense' in v4, NodEnabler will work to update the definition. I know because I have tried it.

Now about to try Nodlogin to see if it works too.

This is just a temporary measure.

have u tried it? with nodlogin

Yap, just tried it and it work fine.

To disable (unchecked) 'Enable self-defense'

go to 'Enter entire advance setup tree....'

click 'antivirus and antispyware', on right you should see 'Enable self-defense'. Just uncheck this and reboot.

For info, I am using XP Pro SP3... :party:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 129.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For your info,

If you disable (unchecked) 'Enable self-defense' in v4, NodEnabler will work to update the definition. I know because I have tried it.

Now about to try Nodlogin to see if it works too.

This is just a temporary measure.

have u tried it? with nodlogin

Yap, just tried it and it work fine.

To disable (unchecked) 'Enable self-defense'

go to 'Enter entire advance setup tree....'

click 'antivirus and antispyware', on right you should see 'Enable self-defense'. Just uncheck this and reboot.

For info, I am using XP Pro SP3... :party:

well i just tried if that way and it works!!!

Enjoy it and wait for the new version of fixes which will come shortly/

TemDono v1.2 works on XP PRO but I had to install in safe mode.

i also confirm that TemDono v1.2 works on XP (for 32bit only of course)

searching desperately for 64bit

So if I am correctly when you disable self defense NodLogin and NodEnabler will work? I think that's worth adding to the first post :party:

So if I am correctly when you disable self defense NodLogin and NodEnabler will work? I think that's worth adding to the first post :party:

Confirmed, just tried it on 4 computers!

Confirmed, just tried it on 4 computers!

So far so good, Nodenabler 2.81 on XP Pro w/SP2

Just got this instruction on using Marsufix, maybe someone can try it out:

1.Uninstall any versions of NOD32 you have on the computer. Or you can just go to step 2.

2.Run the ESS nod32 installer...choose setup username & password later.

4.After installation has completley finish.

-close out egui.exe by using the taskmanager

5.Run the Marsufix PATCH, following the directions...(disregard where it says to go download NOD32 V3)

6.After the patch finishes installing...go to the nod32 installation folder (C:\program files) and run "ESET Smart Security.exe".

7.Open the it, and click Advance Setup.

8.Go to "Update" click edit under (Update Server:) column.

9.And add this "http://u49.eset.com/eset_eval" without (").

10.Click clear beside where it says "Clear update catche".

11. And click ok.

12.Now update the signature database, and you should be all good.

13.If it fails, restart computer and re-do steps 9-12.

You must follow the steps correclty or thiS WILL NOT UPDATE !

PS: I have not try the trial fix, as I have use NodEnabler and Nodlogin (each on different computer) - both working fine.

My virus definition just auto updates to 3907 without problem!

Please comment if it work for you!

Stupid question, after nodenabler is installed and is added to exclusions, is it safe to re-enable self-defense?

Stupid question, after nodenabler is installed and is added to exclusions, is it safe to re-enable self-defense?

don't, if you want NodEnabler to continue inserting keys upon expiring of existing keys.

The self defense mechanism defense Nod32 from unauthorise attempt to modify its files.

Hi ALL ! :hi:

Soon there will be a new Nodenabler version , but meantime,

there is a temporary solution for NodEnabler v.2.81 to insert with success Username and Password on ESET 4.0.314:-

1 - Open ESET window and change to Advanced Mode ;

2 - Click on SETUP / Advanced Setup and then on Antivirus and Spyware at left column.

3 - Disable :- " Enable Self-defense" , click OK and restart the computer.

4 - Click now on the NodEnaler shortcut you have on y / desktop and an username and password will be inserted .

5 - Update now virus signature database.

6 - Now Enable again "Enable Self-defense " ( See 3 ) and restart computer. It`s done !

------------

Next time key inserted becomes invalid you have repeat everything said above.

---------------------------------------------------------

cheers..... :cheers:

Jofre

Sorry , only now I see Kotaxor had already talked about this....

No problem! Thanks, as long as its working. :cheers:

Hi ALL ! :hi:

Soon there will be a new Nodenabler version , but meantime,

there is a temporary solution for NodEnabler v.2.81 to insert with success Username and Password on ESET 4.0.314:-

1 - Open ESET window and change to Advanced Mode ;

2 - Click on SETUP / Advanced Setup and then on Antivirus and Spyware at left window.

3 - Disable :- " Enable Self-defense" , click OK and restart the computer.

4 - Click now on the NodEnaler shortcut you have on y / desktop and an username and password will be inserted .

5 - Update now virus signature database.

6 - Now Enable again "Enable Self-defense " ( See 3 ) and restart computer. It`s done !

------------

Next time key inserted becomes invalid you have repeat everything said above.

cheers..... :cheers:

Jofre

does this work with nodlogin also or only nodenabler

I don't understand...nodenabler says that the license is ok as nodlogin do...

I installed latest over previous 4 beta.

License will expire 18-03 definition 3907

It work with both Nodlogin and NodEnabler! Using it on different computers already.

It work with both Nodlogin and NodEnabler! Using it on different computers already.

no i meant does self defense have to be turned off (disabled) always for them to work? or just to work for the 1st time

When keys become invalid you have to repeat the all operation or if you keep Self-defense disabled your PC it`s not safe of malware entrance.

Was there anything similar to self-defense in v3? The reason I ask cause if there's not then it's not the end of the world to wait for an updated fix.

so its not safe to keep self defense disabled? but....nodlogin only works when its disabled....what should we do?

so its not safe to keep self defense disabled? but....nodlogin only works when its disabled....what should we do?

It is generally safe to keep it disabled, but it's just that if you keep it disabled and ESET misses a virus, which is especially designed to take down ESET and after that fuck with your computer then you're screwed. The odds of that are very slim, so for the mean time this is the best solution, in my opinion.

Solution 'Disable self-defense to make NodLogin/NodEnabler work' added to the second post here.

It is generally safe to keep it disabled, but it's just that if you keep it disabled and ESET misses a virus, which is especially designed to take down ESET and after that fuck with your computer then you're screwed. The odds of that are very slim, so for the mean time this is the best solution, in my opinion.

Solution 'Disable self-defense to make NodLogin/NodEnabler work' added to the second post here.

in my opinion without really knowing wut it does is that the self defense option is really meant to just not allow anything to change the files of eset which of course then doesn't allow nodlogin and nodenabler but i doubt the self defense has anything to do with the actual catching a virus but i don't kno

in my opinion without really knowing wut it does is that the self defense option is really meant to just not allow anything to change the files of eset which of course then doesn't allow nodlogin and nodenabler but i doubt the self defense has anything to do with the actual catching a virus but i don't kno

You're right, it has nothing to do with actually catching a virus and it only prevents other programs from editing ESET's files, but if you disable it also viruses could edit ESET's files(if they were to get through to your computer without being caught). So people would have to write a virus that isn't detected by ESET, disables ESET and then messes with your computer, as I said before the odds say it's never gonna happen :cheers:

Frontpage listing updated with additional information about NodLogin/NodEnabler, Marsufix and how to work with them.

Ok guys, I just installed ESET V4 following the steps with NodLogin and NodEnabler and it's 100% working! First I forgot to reboot after disabling Self-defense, but it is really necessary.

You guys need to tell me something :cheers:

1. What is the difference between the 4 modes NodLogin has(Normal, Manual, Hidden and Proxy)?

2. What is the difference between NodLogin and NodEnabler?

3. Is there a way in which one of those will NOT show and icon in the task bar, even not when updating the license?

4. Do you HAVE TO schedule NodLogin/NodEnabler, or will they schedule themselves to run after .. minutes?

Thanks for the info.

Archived