ESET v4 Fixes

shought

in my opinion without really knowing wut it does is that the self defense option is really meant to just not allow anything to change the files of eset which of course then doesn't allow nodlogin and nodenabler but i doubt the self defense has anything to do with the actual catching a virus but i don't kno

You're right, it has nothing to do with actually catching a virus and it only prevents other programs from editing ESET's files, but if you disable it also viruses could edit ESET's files(if they were to get through to your computer without being caught). So people would have to write a virus that isn't detected by ESET, disables ESET and then messes with your computer, as I said before the odds say it's never gonna happen :cheers:

Frontpage listing updated with additional information about NodLogin/NodEnabler, Marsufix and how to work with them.

the odds of that happening is not much bc the main reason y we all use eset is bc it's that good in protecting our computers...hopefully maybe nodlogin does get updated in some kind of certain way that self defense can still be enabled but that will be very hard but for now i think this is fine i've trusted eset so i kno it will catch all these viruses that come along

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 129.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so its not safe to keep self defense disabled? but....nodlogin only works when its disabled....what should we do?

The questions is: to disable or enable ESET self-defense?

Have you forgotten what the creator of NodLogin wrote / said?

"Use only when needed."

Enable ESET self-defense

It's for your own good.

so its not safe to keep self defense disabled? but....nodlogin only works when its disabled....what should we do?

The questions is: to disable or enable ESET self-defense?

"Use only when needed."

Enable ESET self-defense

It's for your own good.

this is my opinion again...yeah i know it's not safe to keep self defense disabled but don't u think it's annoying to be taking those steps and restarting the computer everytime u wanna update with nodlogin and nodenabler bc they look for keys once or twice a day bc they're always updating

Just got this instruction on using Marsufix, maybe someone can try it out:

1.Uninstall any versions of NOD32 you have on the computer. Or you can just go to step 2.

2.Run the ESS nod32 installer...choose setup username & password later.

4.After installation has completley finish.

-close out egui.exe by using the taskmanager

5.Run the Marsufix PATCH, following the directions...(disregard where it says to go download NOD32 V3)

6.After the patch finishes installing...go to the nod32 installation folder (C:\program files) and run "ESET Smart Security.exe".

7.Open the it, and click Advance Setup.

8.Go to "Update" click edit under (Update Server:) column.

9.And add this "http://u49.eset.com/eset_eval" without (").

10.Click clear beside where it says "Clear update catche".

11. And click ok.

12.Now update the signature database, and you should be all good.

13.If it fails, restart computer and re-do steps 9-12.

You must follow the steps correclty or thiS WILL NOT UPDATE !

PS: I have not try the trial fix, as I have use NodEnabler and Nodlogin (each on different computer) - both working fine.

My virus definition just auto updates to 3907 without problem!

Please comment if it work for you!

When I get to #5, and run the Marsu-Fix, I get: "Couldn't Modify Registry. Installation unsuccessful. Aborting"

this is my opinion again...yeah i know it's not safe to keep self defense disabled but don't u think it's annoying to be taking those steps and restarting the computer everytime u wanna update with nodlogin and nodenabler bc they look for keys once or twice a day bc they're always updating

Considering that there was never any "self defence" in nod32 for all the past years I could personally vouch for its usefulness because the 1 time nod failed to detect a virus on my system, the virus disabled nod and spybotSD. It wrecked everything and prevented the installation of any new security program. From that day on I always looked for a separate on demand scanner but you could never be 100% sure.

That being said, the odds are extremely slim that a virus would be capable of taking down nod32 even if you disable the self defence. In my years of using nod32, only about 4 viruses were missed and this is since Nod32 v2.5 to present day, I don't know how many years that is. Plus version 4 has its own driver so it will be able to remove difficult threats easier. Think about it for yourself, if these guys make a new NodLogin or NodEnabler etc that could bypass the nod32 self defence then any virus would be able to do it just as easily. So my advice is to just disable the self defence because if nod32 misses a virus that ends up pwning nod then nod was probably gona get killed either way.

It still remains to be seen whether the makers of nodlogin or nod enabler will be able to bypass eset's self defense (when enabled).

Also, to the person having trouble getting marsu fix to install, perhaps you should try disabling esets self defense before trying to install the marsu fix, (and once installed, you may or may not have to keep it disabled).

@maxima2k53:

Let me ask again...

"Use only when needed."

If I'm not mistaken, NodLogin v9.7 provided a license up until April.

And how many months did that license last?

Up to now

I find NodLogin to be the best fix when it comes to ESS/EAV (business apps not included) ke67bo.gif

I tryed marsufix 2.5 and did get "Couldn't Modify Registry. Installation unsuccessful. Aborting"..Then i tryed to disable self protection and restart system..now marsufix did install normally and i added these to update server list:

http://u35.eset.com/eset_eval

http://u49.eset.com/eset_eval

now i have 31 days remain...have to wait to see if it updates later normally...

Considering that there was never any "self defence" in nod32 for all the past years I could personally vouch for its usefulness because the 1 time nod failed to detect a virus on my system, the virus disabled nod and spybotSD. It wrecked everything and prevented the installation of any new security program. From that day on I always looked for a separate on demand scanner but you could never be 100% sure.

That being said, the odds are extremely slim that a virus would be capable of taking down nod32 even if you disable the self defence. In my years of using nod32, only about 4 viruses were missed and this is since Nod32 v2.5 to present day, I don't know how many years that is. Plus version 4 has its own driver so it will be able to remove difficult threats easier. Think about it for yourself, if these guys make a new NodLogin or NodEnabler etc that could bypass the nod32 self defence then any virus would be able to do it just as easily. So my advice is to just disable the self defence because if nod32 misses a virus that ends up pwning nod then nod was probably gona get killed either way.

Well said! :P

Many seems to be confused about exclusion & self defence.

we can add nodlogin or nodenabler to exclusion list, so eset doesn't scan it & even its a virus doesn't care.

Self defence is to protect eset from virus...which NOT mentioned in the exclusion list.

So, future nodlogin & nodenabler can give keys with self defence ENABLED.

@maxima2k53:

Let me ask again...

"Use only when needed."

If I'm not mistaken, NodLogin v9.7 provided a license up until April.

And how many months did that license last?

Up to now

it lasted like only 2 days bc it got blacklisted

@maxima2k53:

Yeah right :rolleyes:

I was using that license since December 2008, and guess what?

I was able to update even with the release of NodLogin v9.8b

Curious, does anyone using nodenabler (or nodlogin for that matter) show the license valid date? Mine is mia but those 2 fixes shouldn't effect the way the program runs in any way. I've seen them showing in pics at Wilders.

Give a real Email address to ESET.com and you will receive username and password valid for one month without problems . Meantime a new crack will be done before the end of trial version.

Contact ESET here :

eset.com

Sharekode»»»»»»»»»»»»» /download/free_trial_download_int.php

cheers

Curious, does anyone using nodenabler (or nodlogin for that matter) show the license valid date? Mine is mia but those 2 fixes shouldn't effect the way the program runs in any way. I've seen them showing in pics at Wilders.

Using NodEnabler here it does show 'License valid until: 6-6-2009' ;) I haven't had a look at NodLogin for that matter.

NodEnabler will be listed on our frontpage ASAP.

jofre, your solution for a trial key has been added to the second post :rolleyes:

Using NodEnabler here it does show 'License valid until: 6-6-2009' ;) I haven't had a look at NodLogin for that matter.

jofre, your solution for a trial key has been added to the second post :rolleyes:

Nodenabler is working cause there's a username and password, just no license date. Did you enter a U/P during installation or set parameters later?

Nodenabler is working cause there's a username and password, just no license date. Did you enter a U/P during installation or set parameters later?

I picked Set update parameters later ;)

There's also word out on the street that Marsufix 2.5 does work with V4 if you disable Self-defense, does anybody know more about that?

Surely, all (or most) good Anti-virus & Anti-spyware programs have built-in self-defence otherwise the first thing a potential hacker would do is bypass or disable all protection programs including firewalls. It would not be beyond a good hacker to write virus programs which would first disable, say, top-ten protection programs (or more) thus making the whole idea of protection systems meaningless.

Just because protection programs do not have an "option" to turn-off self-defence does not mean it is not buit-in the program.

Or am I totally barking mad & expecting too much from expensive pirate2.gif programsicon14.gif

Also, if the Eset v3 is doing the job why rush to v4 until it is all sorted properly. Never version does not neccessarily mean a better version, specially in early days due to possible bugs etc or am I spoilling the party.

Up until now (I mean with v3), because I didn't trust the cracks, I was doing the following steps:

If I had Eset Nod32 installed and it had expired (or ready to expire)

1st Uninstall Eset Nod32

2nd Restart computer

3rd Download/install the trial from official site

and I had 1 more free month

a month later I repeated the procedure... and again... and again...

So if that still works, then I don't see the reason to give your email to Eset (for only one extra month), unless you prefer Eset SS (which I don't by the way)

One more think, the TemDono 1.2 still works fine (still 31 days) and even in Windows 7, so why don't you also put that at second post? Remember, it's only for 32bit though.

I don't add it to the second post because this topic is only regarding V4 :rolleyes: TemDono doesn't work on V4, does it?(Honestly don't know, I suppose not)

For V3 the best solution(IMO) is still the Marsufix 2.5, still working perfect on two systems at my home.

I don't see the reason to give your email to Eset.

For those who prefer the trial, a disposable email ID is another alternative.

Mailinator

credit:-

rKAnjEL

I don't see the reason to give your email to Eset.

For those who prefer the trial, a disposable email ID is another alternative.

Mailinator

credit:-

rKAnjEL

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Donaldo !

I do not need it because I have 4 Email addresses and only use one. I can use the other 3 for ESET and change to new addresses this 3 with new ones, so during months, many months I do not have problems and can get a new key from ESET almost for ever.

:dance2:

Anyway, we shouldn`t give up. I know Nodenabler will be ready for v.4 very soon .

Archived