ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Discussion about ESET V4 and its available fixes.

To download ESET NOD32 Antivirus V4 and working fixes go here.

To download ESET Smart Security V4 and working fixes go here.

If any CONFIRMED working fixes come out please make a post here, try to tell us as much as you know about it. This post will be updated with as much information as we can find on new fixes. If you have any information please do post it :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 132.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delayed updates:

Don't worry about your updates being delayed, it is possible that you will be a few days(maybe even a week) behind on the updates. This is due to the fact that ESET's servers are overloaded by the heavy usage of many users that want to try out the new version. There is no way to fix this and all you can do is wait, posts concerning this will be either deleted or ignored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To download any of the fixes listed below check the post above! ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix: NodLogin

NodLogin works with V3 and V4, just install it and have a look in our Guides & Tutorials section to see how to schedule it.

Fix: NodEnabler

NodEnabler works with V3 and V4, to use it with V4 follow these steps:

1. Double click the ESET logo.

2. Switch 'Display' to 'Advanced mode'.

3. Click Setup, Advanced Setup and then Antivirus and Spyware.

4. Uncheck 'Enable Self-defense', click 'Ok'.

5. Restart your computer.

6. Right-click the ESET logo and 'Disable Antivirus and Antispyware protection'.

7. Download NodEnabler, install it.

8. Add the .exe file of NodEnabler to your exclusions.

9. Right-click the ESET logo and 'Enable Antivirus and Antispyware protection'.

10. Update your virus signature database!

Disabling 'Self-defense' only means that ESET's files are no longer protected from other applications, when you use your computer for 'normal' internet usage you shouldn't worry about this. In the next version of NodEnabler this problem will most likely be solved. If you do not want to disable 'Self-defense' you can also manually update every day by disabling it for a minute, updating the license, and enabling it again, but I think that'll be a pain in the ass.

Fix: mara-fix

How does this fix work?

It will work with:

- Self-defense ENABLED. (Recommended for Home/Office/High performance users)

- Self-defense DISABLED. (Recommended for servers)

If Self-defense is ENABLED it will reset your trial days to 31 at every reboot.

If Self-defense is DISABLED it will reset your trial days at every reboot AND every day.

The 'Delayed updates' problem might occur when using this fix, it shouldn't be for long though.

To install:

- Just download the file from our listings, read the _Readme!.txt and run the installer. Follow the instructions on screen.

Trial: 30 days ESET Smart Security, posted by jofre

Go to http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download_int.php and enter a real email address(I recommend a disposable email address, use 10 Minute Mail). You will receive a Trial key that works for 30 days(useful if you do not want to disable 'Self-defense').

Trial: 30 days ESET NOD32 Antivirus, posted by marinos35

Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus, restart, download trial installer, install and you have 30 more days :)

well ive tried to work V4 with nodlogin and it doesnt work....like i install nodlogin and it connects and everything and even says it inserts the key but thwn u look if it inserts it...its not there...so it doesnt work

well ive tried to work V4 with nodlogin and it doesnt work....like i install nodlogin and it connects and everything and even says it inserts the key but thwn u look if it inserts it...its not there...so it doesnt work

Some other people have reported NodLogin 9.8 Beta to be working with ESET V4... Which version of NodLogin are you using?

Some other people have reported NodLogin 9.8 Beta to be working with ESET V4... Which version of NodLogin are you using?

the latest 9.8 beta...thats weird if it works....bc i noticed that servers were down when i was trying it out...but i dont know maybe ill try l8r on

I'll install ESET V4 this afternoon and then check it out :)

Normally I would've installed it the second it got released, but nowadays I have a little less time... ;)

I'll install ESET V4 this afternoon and then check it out :)

Normally I would've installed it the second it got released, but nowadays I have a little less time... ;)

when u install V4 try and disable the realtime anti virus bc it catches nodlogin right when ur extracting it...so u have to disable it completely...install nodlogin and then of course exclude the eset folder but then ull c it doesnt work...but hu knows hope it does

JunkInternetMail

I also did a clean installation of v4 with Nodlogin 9.8B manual installation mode via the guide on these forums...

In fact, I rewrote them to be more accurate and precise...I can post them later if anyone would like.

Nodlogin 9.8B does run and claims I can can proceed to update but the AV fails to see a valid license...this may be due to ESET's SERVER LOAD.

I can see in the NOD32 UI it attempts to download a 7.882MB update but then kicks out the USERNAME/PASSWORD box...failing me...

NOT WORKING as of 3 hours POST installation: v4+Nodlogin v9.8B

ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.314.0 Final

When i am using this version, i am getting 0.5sec page generation times, any clues how to fix this? i tried to add xampp folder to exclusions but nothing changed :rolleyes:

I also did a clean installation of v4 with Nodlogin 9.8B manual installation mode via the guide on these forums...

In fact, I rewrote them to be more accurate and precise...I can post them later if anyone would like.

Nodlogin 9.8B does run and claims I can can proceed to update but the AV fails to see a valid license...this may be due to ESET's SERVER LOAD.

NOT WORKING as of 3 hours POST installation: v4+Nodlogin v9.8B

so u think it's not nodlogin and it's the servers?

Strange thing is, it does update if you import license manually from nod123.cn. So why does it work with the license from nod123 and not with the license from ulisessoft..

Strange thing is, it does update if you import license manually from nod123.cn. So why does it work with the license from nod123 and not with the license from ulisessoft..

i guess bc nodlogin has to be updated that's y

Don't know, it's probably a problem with NodLogin inserting the license, but I guess we confirmed it is NOT working.

JunkInternetMail

Nsane's NODFIX 2.x still works with v2.7...

It has "FAILED" 2 times in history ... when ESET had a 12MB definition update and a recent 4MB definition update ...

How'd it continue to work? Simple, you close the UI completely, relaunch it, click update and it worked! Still does to this day.

My point? ESET servers are getting GAPING ASSHOLE RAPED by all the people updating...I believe it's their server IN CONJUNCTION with an error in v9.8B.

As you can see this v4 is NOT just AV or AntiSpy/Mal/Ad ware -- it's BOTH -- and from 02.2008 to 03.2008 there are 7.882MB of updates waiting for every machine.

It's my opinion and track history using NOD32 that gives me this insight -- I could be wrong but I'll bet I'm not...we'll have to wait for Nodlogin 9.x to be released.

P.S. I'm using XP Pro vSP3 -- people should start stating their OS when posting.

JunkInternetMail

Dumble is correct -- the site he mentions provides numerous license that appear to work -- at least for now --

They will permit your NOD32 v4 to update -- getting the beastly +/- 8MB update and then Nodlogin v9.8B will confirm the license is valid.

If you want, you can save the link to the page mentioned above as a shortcut for dire times like this one...save as: .txt -- save yourself some time! :rolleyes:

General rule: If it doesn't work on XP it won't work on Vista either :rolleyes: (Using XP here, Windows 7 as soon as it goes Final)

General rule: If it doesn't work on XP it won't work on Vista either :rolleyes: (Using XP here, Windows 7 as soon as it goes Final)

thats y we just need to w8 a couple days and try nodlogin 9.8 beta with v4 and if not then just a nodlogin update

nodlogin currently has 8 keys in its database....and i bet 7 of them aren't working because their the ones that were present yesterday.

I am using a trial key valid for one month ( till 1 April) given by ESET.com (sent to me by mail), time enough to get nodlogin newer version and Nodenabler that soon will be ready for Eset 4.0.314.

I think nothing works at the moment, except keys you can get from ESET (Trial key) or from Chinese sites here :-

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mediafire.com

ShareKode.............. /download.php?tvdmkjlinod

Use this for a while .

cheers

Jofre

I am using a trial key valid for one month ( till 1 April) given by ESET.com (by mail), time enough to get nodlogin newer version and Nodenabler that soon will be ready for Eset 4.0.314.

I think nothing works at the moment, except keys you can get from ESET (Trial key) or from Chinese sites here :-

Mediafire.com

ShareKode.............. /download.php?tvdmkjlinod

Use this for a while .

cheers

Jofre

thats cool i would rather wait...i did the same thing try and get the trial version but it was taking forever to download it from the eset website so im just using the latest v3 with nodlogin

The servers are catering on priority basis to the 'registered' Users. In the past 7 hours, I've already received 3-4 updates. the first update was 7 MB+ (as mentioned above.) Folks trying fixes should maintain patience - updates should start getting deployed sooner than later. :rolleyes:

Don't know, it's probably a problem with NodLogin inserting the license, but I guess we confirmed it is NOT working.

Yeah, same problem here. It doesn't insert the license.

Just for the record, my 'Virus signature database' at this hour displays 3905.

3897 here, not a single worry on my mind :rolleyes: (Yes, I know that english sucks :P)

Archived