Cant Install ZA no more

vin3e

Cant install ZA no more, i get an error and then it locks up allowing me to go online, but unable to surf etc etc.

Everytime i install it, it gives me an error, and then internet locks up. So im asking, is it really ok for me to go about without a firewall, but only with a program (AntiVir) to look at every file in my comp?

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The true vector monitoring service was still installed from my previous UN-installation" of the program.

When i decided to switch back i got an error which kicked me off the net because (according to the support site) they took it as a trojan when i tried to stop the True Vector Monitoring system (TVMS).

So my DNS was blocked and i wasnt able to surf any pages, however it did connect to the net.

I followed instructions i found on hwo to resolves this prob by deleting certain registry keys which worked a treat after a day or 2 of no internet.

So i thought my system was clan and it clearly showed that TVMS was uninstalled. Tried to install ZA Free again and an error came up saying there was a problem when installing: no reason whatsoever. but again my net stalled, so i deleted all keys again, ran CCleaner, got rid of every ZoneLab file i could find, and tried AGAIN (3rd time) just to make sure it my computer had some crap still installed.

Nope same thing, error when installing... closing. So i've given up. Just want a computer which will run smoothly without any hassle and break it down to the real basics.

The true vector monitoring service was still installed from my previous UN-installation" of the program.

When i decided to switch back i got an error which kicked me off the net because (according to the support site) they took it as a trojan when i tried to stop the True Vector Monitoring system (TVMS).

So my DNS was blocked and i wasnt able to surf any pages, however it did connect to the net.

I followed instructions i found on hwo to resolves this prob by deleting certain registry keys which worked a treat after a day or 2 of no internet.

So i thought my system was clan and it clearly showed that TVMS was uninstalled. Tried to install ZA Free again and an error came up saying there was a problem when installing: no reason whatsoever. but again my net stalled, so i deleted all keys again, ran CCleaner, got rid of every ZoneLab file i could find, and tried AGAIN (3rd time) just to make sure it my computer had some crap still installed.

Nope same thing, error when installing... closing. So i've given up. Just want a computer which will run smoothly without any hassle and break it down to the real basics.

did you make suer all file sin the ZA folder was actaully gotten rid of? you should be able to access the web with za firewall turn off. see if you pass that test first.

you do have windows xp firewall turn off right? cant have 2 firewalls on at the same time. thats a no no just as 2 virus scanner at the same time.

you using a router? router may say you are *.*.*.100 and your firewall on za now saying 101 etc. purge both. and you should be setback to the old number.

za free? isnt that 30 time limit now? how about nsane link on za instead.

• Administrator

Try this:

• Uninstall ZA and any other firewall you may have installed.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Delete your zone alarm installation folder.
  • Search your registry (using start > run > regedit) for things like "zonelabs" "true vector" "zone alarm" and delete anything that comes up (or better yet post here the keys found so we can be sure there safe.
  • Restart your computer
  • Do another registry search
  • Download a fresh copy of ZA (from the official site of course...)
  • Post back your results

(I've some more ideas if this doesnt work).

@BB, I've successfully ran multiple firewalls and anti-viruses together in realtime. Theres ways to do this (and of course using the right products). Of course this isn't reccomended due to conflicts. The XP firewall won't conflict with ZA however.

Your comment about the router doesn't make any sense.

ZA has a free version. Perhaps a trip to the ZA website would help you find out about the product in greater detail?

Ive done everything there lol.

I only have 1 firewall on at all times same as AV's.

I deleted all keys/files instructed including the most obvious ones, downloaded fresh copy but same thing, half way through the installation, files are installed but not the full application, which in turns makes my internet die out because the TVMS is actuavted and stops all my internet activity. :o

Try this:
  • Uninstall ZA and any other firewall you may have installed.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Delete your zone alarm installation folder.
  • Search your registry (using start > run > regedit) for things like "zonelabs" "true vector" "zone alarm" and delete anything that comes up (or better yet post here the keys found so we can be sure there safe.
  • Restart your computer
  • Do another registry search
  • Download a fresh copy of ZA (from the official site of course...)
  • Post back your results

(I've some more ideas if this doesnt work).

@BB, I've successfully ran multiple firewalls and anti-viruses together in realtime. Theres ways to do this (and of course using the right products). Of course this isn't reccomended due to conflicts. The XP firewall won't conflict with ZA however.

Your comment about the router doesn't make any sense.

ZA has a free version. Perhaps a trip to the ZA website would help you find out about the product in greater detail?

what about win xp and sygate by chance?

from what you have posted you are into hardwar firewall anyway. any brand you can rec. on those kind? do they have updates for a year or life? yearly cost ?

on the router. when i disconnecting the router and using just modem to do rapidshare site. only way i figure for my system to resest ip from my isp, bs.net. when i turn off and reconnected router i notice my computer client host name had a ip address in the dmcp active ip table of ending instead of ***.***.*.100 but as 103. my firewall was setup for 100. it therefor didnt want to connect at the 103 on my computer. i deleted the dhcp active ip table and rebooted. it went back toip with 100 in the last part. it work for me so thats why i posted it.

edit. vin can you access the internet with no firewall on?

• Administrator
what about win xp and sygate by chance?

from what you have posted you are into hardwar firewall anyway.  any brand you can rec. on those kind?  do they have updates for a year or life?  yearly cost ?

on the router.  when i disconnecting the router and using just modem to do rapidshare site.  only way i figure for my system to resest ip from my isp, bs.net.  when i turn off and reconnected router i notice my computer client host name had a ip address in the dmcp active ip table of ending instead of ***.***.*.100 but as 103.  my firewall was setup for 100.  it therefor didnt want to connect at the 103 on my computer.  i deleted the dhcp active ip table and rebooted.  it went back toip with 100 in the last part.  it work for me so thats why i posted it.

edit.  vin can you access the internet with no firewall on?

No conflicts with sygate and the SP2 firewall. The Sp2 firewall should theorictally work with all third party firewalls.

I use no hardware firewall. They don't give the type of the control i like.

About your router, your firewall isn't set up correctly. You should be able to safely allow connections from the range of IPs allocated by your router.

in another thread ur talkin about sygate pro.

now i see a ZA topic here, your scaring me :(

Shhh, i dont liek to see the same program on all the time, i switch often :(

Archived