Iran will destroy Israeli cities if attacked

Nima

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's clerical supreme leader said on Thursday the Islamic Republic would destroy the Israeli cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa if it came under attack from the Jewish state.

iran-supreme-leader-ayatollah-ali-khamen

"At times the officials of the Zionist regime (Israel) threaten to launch a military invasion but they themselves know that if they make the slightest mistake the Islamic Republic will raze Tel Aviv and Haifa to the ground," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said in an address to mark the Iranian new year.

Israel has threatened military action against Iran unless it abandons nuclear activities which the West suspects are intended to develop nuclear weapons. Tehran denies this, saying it wants nuclear energy only for civilian purposes.

In his televised speech, Khamenei said Iran's struggles over the past year against international sanctions imposed over its disputed nuclear programme resembled a battle and that its enemies had confessed to trying to "cripple the Iranian nation".

"What happened last year, we need to learn a lesson," he said, alluding to what he described as Iran's significant scientific and military advances. "This vibrant nation will never be brought to its knees."

Khamenei also called for Iran's "natural right" to enrich uranium for nuclear energy to be recognised by the world. Western powers have refused, saying Iran has hidden nuclear work from U.N. inspectors and stonewalled their investigations.

Talks between Iran and six world powers - the United States, China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany - are to resume early next month in a further attempt to strike a deal on Iranian nuclear aspirations.

But Khamenei was cool to a U.S. suggestion of direct talks between the two countries, which severed diplomatic relations after Iran's 1979 Islamic Revolution.

"I am not optimistic about these talks. Why? Because our past experiences show that talks for the American officials do not mean for us to sit down and reach a logical solution ... What they mean by talks is that we sit down and talk until Iran accepts their viewpoint," he said.

"Iran only wants its enrichment right, which is its natural right, to be recognised by the world."

:view: Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, the rights for a nation to use its own resources for its own advantages is absolute.

About nuclear, I think, why in the hell only a few nations are allowed to use nuclear? Is there a guarantee they (which are allowed to use nuclear) won't use nuclear weapon on the other countries?

If the powerful 6 don't allow ANY single nuclear weapon on other nations, then all of them, including 6, should NEVER been allow to have one too. Then we can call it balanced. There's no point to forbid a nation for not having a nuclear weapon while other nations has one.

In my opinion, the rights for a nation to use its own resources for its own advantages is absolute.

About nuclear, I think, why in the hell only a few nations are allowed to use nuclear? Is there a guarantee they (which are allowed to use nuclear) won't use nuclear weapon on the other countries?

If the powerful 6 don't allow ANY single nuclear weapon on other nations, then all of them, including 6, should NEVER been allow to have one too. Then we can call it balanced. There's no point to forbid a nation for not having a nuclear weapon while other nations has one.

Because:

A powerful weapon in the hands of mad/radical/excited/extreme-religious/ people is not logical and safe

i think nobody should possess nukes...that's exactly what we need, to drop more nukes on the planet and pollute it to the point that nothing will grow.

they should just use the materials from the nukes to make more nuclear power plants so people can have electricity.

i think nobody should possess nukes...that's exactly what we need, to drop more nukes on the planet and pollute it to the point that nothing will grow.

they should just use the materials from the nukes to make more nuclear power plants so people can have electricity.

Yes, all nukes should be destroyed.

It is unfair. After doing more than 2000 tests by these few countries(America did 1054 tests), how can they ask other countries not to develop nuclear technology.

Iran will not be safe from Israeli or USA attacks until they do have a nuke. Iran is NOT the threat that FOX News tell people about.

Well it's pretty simple, in last 20 years Iran did not invade any country what so ever, while USA invaded how much? :tehe:

To be even more ironical USA helped Iran to develop nuclear weapon.

Iran is democracy, president is chosen by people - if you didn't know that.

As for radical bullshit or mad regime, ask yourself in time of Bush regime wasn't America under radical mad regime?

And what makes you think Iran is such a big threat? What America need is justification for invasion.

Many believe USA has God given right to bring peace and democracy to the World that leave behind tens of thousands dead bodies, crushed economy, and they give them a favor by taking away their biggest companies, and installing USA corporations on natural goods as oil, gas, gold... , they as well install puppet regime so they can control politics and foreign relations, and still people suffer even more than before.

USA is in such debts that they can not afford more wars, especially against united opponent.

I just hope American people can finally start to understand bullshit stories they were and are being fed.

Peace.

well , comeon and bomb our cities , i promise you iran regim , u will not see the next morning daylight ... so enough threat us every days . just make the walk instead talk the talk :D

generally u right , but in this crazy world some time this kinda weapon terrify the bad guys to go badder :)

well , comeon and bomb our cities , i promise you iran regim , u will not see the next morning daylight ... so enough threat us every days . just make the walk instead talk the talk :D

A country, or state that threatens annihilation of another because of their religious beliefs or for any reason says it all. Every citizen of this planet has the right to be safe, live in peace and raise are children in a safe environment. .I agree with demoneye on this, If Iran makes that mistake it would be hell. The problem isn't the Iranian people, its the bastards that control them!

100% agree , they are peaceful nation like we all are

Every side should fucking calm down.

We do not need more wars.

Nukes aren't problem, people are. <_<

PPL are like crazycanuk said :)

Well it's pretty simple, in last 20 years Iran did not invade any country what so ever, while USA invaded how much? :tehe:

As for radical bullshit or mad regime, ask yourself in time of Bush regime wasn't America under radical mad regime?

And what makes you think Iran is such a big threat? What America need is justification for invasion.

Many believe USA has God given right to bring peace and democracy to the World that leave behind tens of thousands dead bodies, crushed economy, and they give them a favor by taking away their biggest companies, and installing USA corporations on natural goods as oil, gas, gold... , they as well install puppet regime so they can control politics and foreign relations, and still people suffer even more than before.

USA is in such debts that they can not afford more wars, especially against united opponent.

I just hope American people can finally start to understand bullshit stories they were and are being fed.

Peace.

You just hear it

but something which happens in reality is some special kind of islamic dictatorship

"Iran will destroy Israeli cities if attacked by Israel"? That's an obvious sentiment. You think anyone will watch quietly while they come under attack? Certainly USA won't hesitate to drop a few bombs in retaliation.

Let's stop making such a fuss over nothing.

SnakeMasteR

Don't forget there is China and Russia too, both are not contra Iran so dropping some bombs here and there won't be so easy this time. ;)

Waw all the anti-Iran people totally missed the point. Here let me help you find it.

if it came under attack from the Jewish state.

So fuck me for thinking a country should be allowed to defend itself IF another country attacks it. Somehow that makes them radical and dangerous and all kinds of biased adjectives meanwhile Israel is a saint? So sad that people can't read or think for themselves so that they absorb the American and Israeli propaganda and brainwashing. It's WW2 all over again, nevermind that WW2 was really about America and the Allies invading Germany to divide the land amongst themselves through secret deals between Truman, Churchill and Stalin. OMG this world is illiterate and ignorant when it comes to education and world history. I hope you people realise that since the holocaust, Israel has murdered many times more and they continue to get away with it to this day. and no I am not anti-America but it would be nice to see them stop punishing countries they dislike by enforcing trade embargoes, it would be nice if they stopped toying with the lives of soldiers and destroying American families. Look how many American army families were destroyed over the illegal war in IRAQ in the hunt for the imaginary weapons of mass destruction. If it's one thing America teaches. it's that being vindictive, holding eternal grudges, getting revenge, and war is all good and acceptable, but Iranian government is deranged? Hogwash as usual. You should switch from CNN, NBC, CBC, and FOX propaganda lies and watch RT, BBC World, and Al Jazeera for a different perspective then maybe you won't be as uninformed and ignorant about what is actually happening in the world.

Waw all the anti-Iran people totally missed the point. Here let me help you find it.

So fuck me for thinking a country should be allowed to defend itself IF another country attacks it. Somehow that makes them radical and dangerous and all kinds of biased adjectives meanwhile Israel is a saint? So sad that people can't read or think for themselves so that they absorb the American and Israeli propaganda and brainwashing. It's WW2 all over again, nevermind that WW2 was really about America and the Allies invading Germany to divide the land amongst themselves through secret deals between Truman, Churchill and Stalin. OMG this world is illiterate and ignorant when it comes to education and world history. I hope you people realise that since the holocaust, Israel has murdered many times more and they continue to get away with it to this day. and no I am not anti-America but it would be nice to see them stop punishing countries they dislike by enforcing trade embargoes, it would be nice if they stopped toying with the lives of soldiers and destroying American families. Look how many American army families were destroyed over the illegal war in IRAQ in the hunt for the imaginary weapons of mass destruction. If it's one thing America teaches. it's that being vindictive, holding eternal grudges, getting revenge, and war is all good and acceptable, but Iranian government is deranged? Hogwash as usual. You should switch from CNN, NBC, CBC, and FOX propaganda lies and watch RT, BBC World, and Al Jazeera for a different perspective then maybe you won't be as uninformed and ignorant about what is actually happening in the world.

yeahh

Peace.

second yeahhh B)

This reply shows so much ignorance of history and fact that it is hard to take even de sentiment of this post seriously. How could anyone take this post seriously when you only get 1 out of the 3 allied leaders at the start of the war right? In september 1st 1939 Chamberlain was prime minister of Great Britain, not Churchill, who only got appointed to the cabinet after the start of the war and PM almost a year later. Truman only became president in the final days of the war (april 12th 1945).

Further more GB never wanted to enter the war but was obliged to do so because of a treaty when Hitler attacked Poland and the USA entered only 2 years later when they were attacked by Japan.

Also it is disgraceful to ignore the fact that after the war the mohammedans were awared with over 90% of the french and british protectorate of Palestine (today's Israel, Jordan and Syria) and the jewish people only 10% and the mohammedans always rejected this 2 state solution and invaded right after (within a day) the jewish declared in 1948. They could have easily settled with the deal, they got almost all of the land but they wanted more, they wanted all....

The mohammedans should accept the fact that they started 4 wars against Israel and lost some territory, which was appointed to them originally. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. Israel rightfully won the so called "occupied" territories in war.

BTW

arabs countries hates iran regime , they are working behind scene to make usa , israel and Europe make irans life harder by sanction them to the death.

This reply shows so much ignorance of history and fact that it is hard to take even de sentiment of this post seriously. How could anyone take this post seriously when you only get 1 out of the 3 allied leaders at the start of the war right? In september 1st 1939 Chamberlain was prime minister of Great Britain, not Churchill, who only got appointed to the cabinet after the start of the war and PM almost a year later. Truman only became president in the final days of the war (april 12th 1945).

Further more GB never wanted to enter the war but was obliged to do so because of a treaty when Hitler attacked Poland and the USA entered only 2 years later when they were attacked by Japan.

Also it is disgraceful to ignore the fact that after the war the mohammedans were awared with over 90% of the french and british protectorate of Palestine (today's Israel, Jordan and Syria) and the jewish people only 10% and the mohammedans always rejected this 2 state solution and invaded right after (within a day) the jewish declared in 1948. They could have easily settled with the deal, they got almost all of the land but they wanted more, they wanted all....

The mohammedans should accept the fact that they started 4 wars against Israel and lost some territory, which was appointed to them originally. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. Israel rightfully won the so called "occupied" territories in war.

Well this is good to know but you should not discredit other people without doing the proper research. I already know who was president but you never did the research so you are assuming that the presidents alone had the say, and you call me ignorant? I only put 3 names there to make a point but since you are a stickler for details then here are the recorded big names of those involved: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Winston S. Churchill, Soviet leader Joseph Stalin, French leader Charles de Gaulle, French leader Henri Giraud, and Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek. So this time go research the correct thing. It takes long hours of research and reading many books and articles from varying authors to get a comprehensive idea about these things.

After winning the war in Europe, a different set of Allied leaders met in Germany. U.S. president Franklin D. Roosevelt had died on April 12, 1945, so the United States was represented by the new president, Harry S. Truman. Also, during this conference, elections in Great Britain made Clement Attlee the new British prime minister, so he replaced Churchill at the talks.

The fact remains that Iran today is a state on their own and have not done anything to warrant an invasion and ironically Germany is maintaining the stability of the Euro to try to help do something useful instead of following the American way of being vengeful and vindictive. It's no secret that if uncle sam can't get his way with a country they start the wickedness with the embargo. I don't think world peace is on the agenda, weapons are made so therefore there needs to be a demand for them, sad but true.

No one has the right to interfere in the affairs of other states. As long as the country does not attack others. We now have a policy that under the pretext of lies and other countries attack and destroy. But for as long as it is a policy of prevention and fake double yardstick is no peace on earth.

Because:

A powerful weapon in the hands of mad/radical/excited/extreme-religious/ people is not logical and safe

Do you mean the Amircans and the Israelis, because they used the nuclear bombing against Japan :)

Archived