Add/Remove Programs

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

In Add/Remove Programs(Windows XP Default)... For some reason there are a TON of programs there now that weren't before and I am not sure if it is safe or not to Uninstall them since they dont' give me any information/ can't see where the source of it is... Here are some screenshots of what I mean(Whiteness = Whited OUt my programs that I know I installed)

screen11xh.jpgscreen26nf.jpgscreen37ny.jpg

These Extra programs how up on Deault Add/Remove Programs/TuneUp Utilities 2k6/Your Uninstaller 2k5, but don't show up on Advanced Uninstaller

So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas...

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be programs you uninstalled from thier package uninstallers not add remove programs in windows...just an idea.

Really just tagging this post so that I remember to check the replies. Interesting question I have come across many referances in the registry to programs I unistalled or never had in the first place. This is along the same lines.

• Administrator

Rule of thumb: If you don't know what it is, uninstall it.

If it turns out to be something you used, you can always reinstall it easily...

SacredCultivator

Everythign is Clean... No Virus/Ad/Spy Ware...

As for Lite... I don't think I can reinstall thouse knowing that I don't know where they are from(No Source) lol

• Administrator

I don't think you understood me.

You can most likely uninstall something you don't know what it is. If it turns out to be apart of an application you use, you will know that. You can reinstall the application your use.

I fail to see how you could not notice all these extra "programs" on your system. Did they appear all at once or have they been installed at seperate times? Are they full programs? Go to the source and have a look in your HDD. Like Lite said, uninstall them and wait for any error messages, which I doubt will happen.

google the file names.

SacredCultivator

They ALL appeared at once, an funny part, I didn't install/uninstall anything before this happened..

I cannot find the source since there are no 'properties' to them

lol. i would also blank out all my programs if i had lots of naughty programs :D

he should just showed the whole screen all programs and dates. that would help us with his problem.

me think he needs to search for search and destroy on nsnae website or the offical website. (when you install s&d do not click to backup reg since it usually hangs and errors)

i google some of them. all in one software is a legal law stuff. instantshare is hp and a cam. a lot more legal (law and court stuff) software. some job hunting software. so far they all look like software you or someone install for a reason. no popup warning of virus or worm or trojan. i think you or who ever have access likes to install junk/crap software. either you or errr your girlfriend or wife?

Archived