Windows 8 will return "Start" menu

ASIO

• Replies 56
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know ASIO, I'm going to say something very strange . . . . . . . . now. :think:

I would (personally) no longer be interested in a Start Menu brought back, by Microsoft because the 3rd party alternatives like Start8 and StartIsBack have evolved so much that they provide far superior features & functions than the native Microsoft Start Menu ever did. :showoff:

Please do not click on my current Start Menu.

o6leeb.jpg

You know ASIO, I'm going to say something very strange . . . . . . . . now. :think:

I would (personally) no longer be interested in a Start Menu brought back, by Microsoft because the 3rd party alternatives like Start8 and StartIsBack have evolved so much that they provide far superior features & functions than the native Microsoft Start Menu ever did. :showoff:

o6leeb.jpg

Oh my word! How DID you get it to look like that? What programs did you use?

Metro still sucks!

windows 7 is much better then win 8 ... windows 8 have only one good thing i.e. good security :P

WRONG... Windows 8 has good gaming features in it... namely the WDDM V1.2 which rocks for the intense 3D games (such as BF3) ;)

Metro still sucks!

good security :P

And the speed :P :P

o6leeb.jpg

Check out the link to the tutorial at my signature. :)

o6leeb.jpg

Now you got another fan here dcs18. All windows 8 users will surely use your tutorial. ;)

Yep, I'd love for the nSane members to be able to wow their women with some snazzy looking systems (irrespective of whatever OS they prefer to use.) :)

If M$ continues to screw up, and you're not a gamer (I am, so I'm stuck), consider moving to Mac OS or Linux, whatever fits your budget. You'll thank me later.

• Administrator

Just as everyone knows. I'm yet to see any news whatsoever about it, from my sources.

If M$ continues to screw up, and you're not a gamer (I am, so I'm stuck), consider moving to Mac OS or Linux, whatever fits your budget. You'll thank me later.

I'm a gamer... play about 4-6 games on my systems that I have... just installed a few Win8 modifications to make it like Win7 on my Win8 laptop.

Start8 & 8GadgetsPack work like a charm!

I'm a gamer... play about 4-6 games on my systems that I have... just installed a few Win8 modifications to make it like Win7 on my Win8 laptop.

I've got a better idea, install Windows 7 instead of making something inferior look like it. :P

I've got a better idea, install Windows 7 instead of making something inferior look like it. :P

I have a UEFI-based system... not sure how to go about installing Win7 to one of those yet

I have a UEFI-based system... not sure how to go about installing Win7 to one of those yet

Would you if you could?

You cannot, don't even try to install Windows 7 onto a UEFI - there's no compatibility (for that matter, Windows 7 wont even begin to install with UEFI enabled.)

BTW, I find UEFI simply awesome - try asking those who are already using it (it can also be completed disabled by those Windows 8 Users who do not like it.)

Caution:

Asking somebody who does not even know the spelling of UEFI is like asking an Astrologer about the texture & integrity of your foreskin. :lmao:

You cannot, don't even try to install Windows 7 onto a UEFI - there's no compatibility (for that matter, Windows 7 wont even begin to install with UEFI enabled.)

BTW, I find UEFI simply awesome - try asking those who are already using it (it can also be completed disabled by those Windows 8 Users who do not like it.)

Caution:

Asking somebody who does not even know the spelling of UEFI is like asking an Astrologer about the texture & integrity of your foreskin. :lmao:

My laptop has a UEFI Boot DVD option and the normal one... so you tell me which I need to use on Win7 Install DVD!

Caution:

My laptop has a UEFI Boot DVD option and the normal one... so you tell me which I need to use on Win7 Install DVD!

I told you - but, you were not willing to listen (let me know when you have my undivided attention - or else it could cause a circumcision.) :think:

Heres another thing... its pretty obvious that my HDD is GPT Partitioned and not MBR, it contains 2 partitions... one labeled OS and the other is DATA (all on the same hard drive mind you)....

@LiLmEgZ, first of all you gotta make sure whether win 7 supports UEFI or not. If it doesn't, you can't go farther. If win 7 supports UEFI, then you must choose UEFI Boot DVD option on win 7 installation DVD.

@LiLmEgZ, first of all you gotta make sure whether win 7 supports UEFI or not. If it doesn't, you can't go farther. If win 7 supports UEFI, then you must choose UEFI Boot DVD option on win 7 installation DVD.

Funny you say this because the only way I can install Windows 7 (and Windows 8 as well) to my tower is via the UEFI DVD Boot option, it doesn't allow the install w/o Non-UEFI/Legacy boot from the DVD drive... so I was kinda lead that my laptop here would be the same way...

You think this might be the same way for my laptop? Just kinda got the gut feeling it is, but who knows... people say there's no UEFI stuff in Win7 yet many websites I visit say that the Retail & OEM DVDs apparently do....

Heres another thing... its pretty obvious that my HDD is GPT Partitioned and not MBR, it contains 2 partitions... one labeled OS and the other is DATA (all on the same hard drive mind you)....

You don't have to really post all that - I know all of those things like the lines on my palm. This is what I do for a living - I know exactly how many partitions your system has been formatted with and I can even tell you the capacity of at least 3 of your volumes (anytime in the middle of my slumber.)

I eat UEFI for breakfast and GPT for lunch - how does that sound?

Now, here's news for you - I'm running a system that's an hybrid of GPT, UEFI & MBR (that means total abandon - Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.)

Archived