Windows 8 will return "Start" menu

ASIO

md38kg.png

After much deliberation, the developers of Windows 8 decided to comply with the request of the user and return to the menu "start" button in Windows update through the integrated Blue that appears in the middle of this year.

Comprehensive update Windows Blue will return to the familiar Windows 8 "Start" menu, which is present in previous versions of the OS.

New comprehensive update to Windows 8/RT, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Phone 8 and cloud Outlook.com and called SkyDrive Windows Blue will be available in the middle of this year. One of the purposes of this update is to optimize the work and the interest of the users of the operating system from Microsoft.

As requested by users of Windows 8, developers will return to the OS familiar "Start" menu, which is present in previous versions of Windows. Recall that in the newest version of Windows "Start" button has been replaced by a screen with "live" tiles that reflect the application. This change, of course, suitable for users of devices with touch screens, however, the management of the mouse on the laptop or PC, the interface is not as practical.

According to Net Applications, the share of Windows 8 operating system market is growing, but demand did not meet projections. One reason for this was just a new interface, not enthused by users. In February of this year, Windows 8 had 2.67% of the OS market, which is slightly higher than the January result of 2.26%. The most popular are still in earlier versions of Windows 7 (44.55%) and Windows XP (38.99%).

source : http://www.securitylab.ru/news/438306.php

• Replies 56
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know ASIO, I'm going to say something very strange . . . . . . . . now. :think:

I would (personally) no longer be interested in a Start Menu brought back, by Microsoft because the 3rd party alternatives like Start8 and StartIsBack have evolved so much that they provide far superior features & functions than the native Microsoft Start Menu ever did. :showoff:

You know ASIO, I'm going to say something very strange . . . . . . . . now. :think:

I would (personally) no longer be interested in a Start Menu brought back, by Microsoft because the 3rd party alternatives like Start8 and StartIsBack have evolved so much that they provide far superior features & functions than the native Microsoft Start Menu ever did. :showoff:

:) very true

Metro still sucks!

windows 7 is much better then win 8 ... windows 8 have only one good thing i.e. good security :P

Metro still sucks!

Yeah, it sucks big-time - the Skinners manage to kill it, though one step-at-a-time.

At the time of writing, here - Metro has been overcome almost everywhere (except on the Explorer ribbons and Microsoft Office.) I personally set aside a part of my income aside to donate to Skinners, each month. They have my respects to stand up to Microsoft.

They really should have made 2 versions of Win 8.

1) Desktop Edition

2) Tablet edition

Even Apple hasn't made a unified platform though it has a minuscule desktop share.

who care ???

we got our fix for that matter ! wake up microsoft ! before u find us with more creative IDEAS like emigrate to linux? ;)

who care ???

we got our fix for that matter ! wake up microsoft ! before u find us with more creative IDEAS like emigrate to linux? ;)

We must migrate - nothing wakes up a Monopolist as rudely as competition.

Microsoft will never release the Desktop Version (i.e., devoid of any touch functionality), since Our Loony Nerdy Techie Mr.G8s claims that Windows 8 will rightly provide the Leap, that Computing today is aiming towards (The So-Called Touch Hype or Whatever) . :mellow:

• Administrator

@ASIO: From your website? :) Please post a source link of the original article.

If from your website, where did you come to know about it? Cause Google says nothing about it. :(

@ASIO: From your website? :) Please post a source link of the original article.

If from your website, where did you come to know about it? Cause Google says nothing about it. :(

source added :)

• Administrator

I'm still a little sceptical. I still need more confirmation before I can start partying. :)

It ain't April Fools today, right ?

First I didn't believe my eyes, second was skeptical, third I started to dig up more sources...

Hopefully this is true...

MidnightDistortions

I'm still a little sceptical. I still need more confirmation before I can start partying. :)

Yep, i'm a little skeptical too. That link is the only thing suggesting it & no one is really raving about it, sounds more like a rumor to me..

Yep, i'm a little skeptical too. That link is the only thing suggesting it & no one is really raving about it, sounds more like a rumor to me..

http://www.facebook.com/ESETNOD32Russia?ref=ts&fref=ts

Rumor or fact, there's nothing left to celebrate about, now - the Techies had a grand party with Tihiy at MDL when he humped Microsoft (the party is over - we already have been using superior Start Menu alternatives.)

Many missed it - I gate-crashed the party . . . . . . . . . long ago with StartIsBack. :)

Is that the start menu in the picture? If so it's useless. Just the same as the charms bar or whatever it's called on the right of your screen. Where's the proper menu?

Is that the start menu in the picture? If so it's useless. Just the same as the charms bar or whatever it's called on the right of your screen. Where's the proper menu?

The Start Menu in the picture is that of the Windows 8 Developer Preview from over a year ago. If the news is true that the Start Menu will be reintroduced in Windows 8 through Windows Blue, which I doubt, we have no idea what it'll look like.

Archived