'computer is broken...HELP! :(

Win7nerd

my computer wont lemme reformat via boot cd(yes I know bout bios settings lol) or even while on my desktop (obviously..lol)

this attached pic is what I see...after such now im getting blue screens like hell. ive got windows 7 32bits and ultimate version.

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you insert the cd while booted in Windows, can you open/run the cd/setup?

Also try deleting the cd/dvd drive drivers >>reboot >> windows update.

i see you got the unmountable bootvolume this can be corrected with youre cd and start a dos prompt and type in chkdsk c: /f

if you get to windows try hdtune and check health , you have problems with youre harddisk.

I tried repairing with os disk :( no work :(

I cant get to the setup window in booting. it says windows files are loading and suddenly I got the above screen. the chkdsk fails due to simliar error :(

right now im on my desktop luckily but whwn I try to connect to wifi it has a window pupup saying vpsservice.dll missing (or similar) and its annoying.

Sounds like a hard drive failure. I would get Hiren's boot cd and run some HDD tests. Other than that run through the normal check list of trouble shooting. Re-seat the memory and HDD. Make sure that everything is in place. Short of the extract as much personal information as you can. Might be good for you to get a faster, larger HD.

Ive had this happen to me on a HP desktop tower from 2005 when I was trying to upgrade to Vista (back in the day) via clean install... same exact error message....

IF this is a HP tower... the answer is to use a External DVDRW/DVDROM USB device and boot from there... this should cure it.

Boot with a bootable Ubuntu USB key. use the ubuntu format to totally wipe out your hard drive, then use it to partition a NTFS partition. Reboot then use your Windows 7 CD to install your Windows 7

from the error screen, you may have a hardware problem, or you unplug a usb drive when in use....and it cause the error.

Turn off your pc, unplug all your usb device, and see if it boot.

if not, turn it off again, and unplug your dvdrom.

maybe your dvdrom is faulty?

ill get back to you guys on all this...lol sorry for the late reply

Seemz I haven't figured out the issue yet :(

Looking at that screenshot, it's an harddisk failure (usually a corrupt header / sector), you really only have one option here (imo).

Get Hirens bootcd and bung it on a usb stick, so you can boot it from USB (ofc), Guide http://www.hirensbootcd.org/usb-booting/

Once you've done the above, boot from the USB, this removes any issues with the cdrom drive / bad cd's or dvd's.

Whilst in the Hirens menu select the partition section, and use something like Acronis disk director suite or something similar, you can repair the HD from there on, if it's repairable at all. I prefer this method of booting and using Hirens as it removes any dependancy on the installed OS or 'some' hardware, in this case the CD-Rom.

If you've run the above repairs and when you reboot it still doesn't work, your last option again im my opinion is too look at formatting the HD. BEFORE formatting however you should check to ensure you've re-seated any hardware you can i.e Memory, cables, you know the score, And then you can still have the chance to do sector by sector recovery of any data on the corrup HD using Hirens again.

Once you've recovered, and are happy to lose any data on the HD (it's pretty much gone anyway if you can't boot it), use something like Acronis again (No I don't work for them, it just has a nice interface :D ), to delete the entire partition and then create a new one.

Give that a bash and see what gives, I've done it several times and it's just been a corrupt MFT or something.

Sorry this is kind of rushed, but I got to take the kids to ninja school.

Regards

Dodel

again ill see if anything works because i cant even get anything to boot, the reason why i havent been responding to my thread is because ive been sl;aving away at work :(.

Download the Microsoft windows seven disk and try restoring it with it. format all partitions and delete them til you only have the one left. Finishing installing on that partition. After you and it should install, Then you can use your restore cd, dvd to restore back to factory defaults.

Archived