Discussion about system resource usage

rudrax

Firefox plugin check service detects java plugin is missing / disabled due to security reasons for being outdated.

Capture.png

Can this be the reason for firefox to go high on resources sometimes?

• Replies 62
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not an expert in user system optimization (only in software optimzation. hehe!) but what I would do in that case is uninstall firefox and reinstall with no additional plugins (just the default plugins included with the installation) and addons on it. Browse the sites which gives you high spikes, like some adult pron sites this sure gives you high spikes, or gives firefox high cpu usage. If there are no spikes then one of your additional plugins and addons might be causing those spikes. If there are spikes with just the default configuration then you need to do some tweaking. i.e. Give firefox full internet access to the net when using third party firewall, or disable the f*ckup firewall, and see how it is now.If this resolves the spikes then just a misconfiguration with the firewall or AV that you have in your system that causes the spikes. If this doesn't solves that d4mn spikes then check your harddisc/registry for errors/malware. Hope this helps! :rofl:

Edit:

I removed some parts that contains inappropriate words due to my drunkeness. :unsure:

Yes, you're right - I'm sorry (it's my mistake.)

hey filament, don't feel bad for I didn't honor your idea directly. But I know, you have other protection available other than system restore.

Just disable it - I'll show you how you can also use alternative (just do it.)

Please go back to all previous posts and edit them (I'm cleaning up my posts.)

First level:-

Right-click Computer >>----> Properties >>----> Advanced System Settings >>----> System Protection >>----> Protection Settings >>----> (select) Systems >>----> Configure >>----> Disable System Protection >>----> Apply >>----> OK >>----> Sign out.

Second level:

To be continued, tomorrow . . . . . . . . .

Alright, the first one is done. What's next?

Right-click Computer >>----> Properties >>----> Advanced System Settings >>----> System Protection >>----> Protection Settings >>----> (select) Systems >>----> Configure >>----> Disable System Protection >>----> Apply >>----> OK >>----> Sign out.

Second level:

Reboot and let the system remain under watchful observation for some more time (I'll tell you about the 2nd step, soon.)

Second level:

Reboot and let the system remain under watchful observation for some more time (I'll tell you about the 2nd step, soon.)

Alright.

Good point by DKT was about the fan with a slight disagreement on my part:-

It's a great idea to learn the disassembling part - I would never put-up with any infernal parts creating a racket on my system (that's just not on - it's your environment, your tranquility.) Man and machine must learn to work together as Master & Slave, respectively and not even the Master's own ears should be able to discern sound in any range of decibels (except for vibrations.)

@ DKT

There's nothing harmful about using a vacuum - I take care that it's kept on blower mode (with proper distance between the object and nozzle - depending on the rpm.) But, good point. :)

Alright, Now tell me the 2nd one.

How is the racket after you disabled System Restore.

Can't see any change..and the sound is not Grinding. Just purely the sound of the fan.

Can't see any change..and the sound is not Grinding. Just purely the sound of the fan.

Did you clean the fan as DKT suggested - you'll be surprised at the accumulation.

Actually, more than the fan it would be your vents that would be blocked - you wont be able to clean that even with a vacuum (you might have to use an hard object to free your vents clean.)

The easiest way to find out is to hold your hand outside the air vents when the laptop is running - if you feel a heavy gush of air, good (or else, you can expect an hardware crash, sooner than later - due to overheating caused by air blockage.)

Did you clean the fan as DKT suggested - you'll be surprised at the accumulation.

Actually, more than the fan it would be your vents that would be blocked - you wont be able to clean that even with a vacuum (you might have to use an hard object to free your vents clean.)

The easiest way to find out is to hold your hand outside the air vents when the laptop is running - if you feel a heavy gush of air, good (or else, you can expect an hardware crash, sooner than later - due to overheating caused by air blockage.)

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. Will do cleaning stuff tomorrow.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN

Check out the following video of a Repairman disassembling and then reassembling your laptop:-

Just one major deviation, he dismantles the battery somewhere at halftime - you better remove it first (it's important.) He's leaving the screws scattered on the Board in a pattern commensurate with the position on the system (which indicates he's not a Pro.) but great convenient example for Beginners to follow.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN

Check out the following video of a Repairman disassembling and then reassembling your laptop:-

Just one major deviation, he dismantles the battery somewhere at halftime - you better remove it first (it's important.) He's leaving the screws scattered on the Board in a pattern commensurate with the position on the system (which indicates he's not a Pro.) but great convenient example for Beginners to follow.

I wish, you were near me! Anyway, thanks for the video.

Now here is a real Pro. in action - the laptop in question is not yours (so just disregard the assembly / disassembly.) BTW, it's more difficult to get to a Satellite fan vent internally than a Viao one.

If you have a slow connection skip to the following timeline:-

00:03:51 - 00:04:30 to see what a clogged vent looks like (why even a vacuum cleaner cannot help - the shot of air cannot reach there.)

00:04:31 - 00:06:06 to see what ken was talking about applying the thermal paste

Reminder:

This video does not apply to your laptop brand - yours is much more straightforward.

• Administrator

Forgot to say, q-tip, also known as earbuds / ear cleaning cotton buds are very useful in cleaning vents and fans like stuff, use lot of them (use another one when one is fully dirty). They are also useful for cleaning the thermal paste with rubbing alcohol.

@filament, It will be better idea to download the video with IDM and then watch:-P

Having the video file in your physical offline custody is also confidence-boosting if you're able to play it (on another system) while disassembling / reassembling your own.

Opened it today. Cleaned the $hits.There was aLOLtz of dirt and near the vent, there was formed a grey colored cotton like thing which was blocking the air. After cleaning and fitting all the screws, switched ON the lapi. BLACKOUT.

Then I thought that the ram may be loose. Opened and fitted the RAM again. Now alright.

Running pretty cool now. Couldn't apply the thermal paste though cuz the thing is not available around here. Will that be crucial?

Running pretty cool now.

Congrats, that's a milestone in your personal [computing] growth.

Couldn't apply the thermal paste though cuz the thing is not available around here. Will that be crucial?

With a laptop, it's not as crucial as with a desktop (don't have the explanation - it's just a personal observation.) That does not mean you can delay it - at the same time, do not disassemble that part until the thermal paste is at hand.

About the System Restore we disabled earlier - it's just one amongst numerous other tweaks that will get covered in the upcoming Windows 8 tutorial. Keeping in mind, your dysfunctional CD/DVD ROM - I'll be performing a caesarean section on a Customer's laptop that's expected post-dinner (shall experiment and keep you posted about the success/failure of backup possibilities without a working ROM - have never had an opportunity, earlier.)

• Administrator

Good to hear. :)

Thermal paste is only found in computer seller / computer peripherals seller stores. Cooler Master's paste would probably be easy to get.

Keeping in mind, your dysfunctional CD/DVD ROM - I'll be performing a caesarean section on a Customer's laptop that's expected post-dinner (shall experiment and keep you posted about the success/failure of backup possibilities without a working ROM - have never had an opportunity, earlier.)

OK, here's the bad news - received the delivery and the damn tray was refusing to eject by hardware and software means, as well. Opened her up to discover that the strip of tiny wiring (beneath the CD/DVD ROM tray) was in 2 pieces. :(

Now for the good news - managed to clone my fully tweaked and customized copy of Windows 8 onto this laptop via USB (had to use a totally different approach - but, it's possible.) :rockon:

Without any professional training I have opened the notebook almost completely, that's a big deal for me. Unscrewing the fan is very hard of my notebook. But I didn't dare to detach the CPU though, couldn't manage the guts for that :lol:

@Butt boy, thanks for suggesting the brand. That sounds cool :lol:

@Filament, Installing from USB is not a big deal. The newer the OS, the easier it is to install from USB. And for my dead CD/DVD ROM, there gotta be some hardware level things to do. And, get well soon :)

Archived