Discussion about system resource usage

rudrax

cutcaster-photo-100660634-Burning-Laptop

Being a notebook user, I have found that the resource of the system is very critical thing. When it goes high, the system goes on fire making noise like hell. So, I have created this thread to discuss about the things that are responsible for the phenomenon that sucks.

I have seen that when CPU usage goes around 10%, system makes noise at a interval. 15-20%, makes noise more frequently. 25%, continuously makes noise.

Sometimes, when CPU usage is normal (0-5%), I notice the system still makes noise.

So, what are the things other than CPU usage that puts the system on fire?

• Replies 62
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of knowledge, inexperience, configuration incapabilities and reluctance towards change management on the part of the User.

<post edited by self>

I have found that the resource of the system is very critical thing.

Hang on a moment - shall be right back with technical responses.

I have found that the resource of the system is very critical thing.

That anomaly has been reported to be rabid amongst Users with shrimp-sized brains who lack the resourcefulness to arrest the spikes caused to the system resources from dangerous to critical . . . . . . . . . . . . . that constructive, enough?

Try being destructive then :P

@rudrax the fan makes noise because of high temp readings in cpu and gpu of your laptop. Even if you have low loads but the current room temperature is high then your cpu, gpu and even hd temp are much higher than the ones in cooler place. The louder the sound the fan makes means that its rpm is paced much higher than before to cool down the temp of your laptop. The dust can clog air vents and makes the job of the fan much harder so it has to revolution more than usual hopefully to counter the heat inside your laptop. The dust can be taken out easily by using a vacuum cleaner on the air vents without disassembling the laptop. If your laptop is more than 5 years old and you are not afraid to dismantle your laptop then I recommend (re)applying a new thermal paste on both the cpu and gpu of your laptop. A brand new laptop uses a cheaper and low quality thermal compound so it's better to (re)apply a high quality thermal paste after you had cleaned the cpu and gpu with a cotton and rubbing alcohol. Do this only if you know what I'm talking about as I'm drunk as hell now. :fear: :lmao: :drunk:

You might want to upgrade your version of adobe flash, allow certain programs to have full internet access if the spikes are high on cpu when you're using a 3rd party firewall, and remove 3rd party hardware monitoring software as some really uses a lot of cpu loads.

OK, destructive then . . . . . . . .

This real-life incident took place at my home leaving my costly titanium laptop in flames . . . . . . . last monsoon.

@rudrax the fan makes noise because of high temp readings in cpu and gpu of your laptop. Even if you have low loads but the current room temperature is high then your cpu, gpu and even hd temp are much higher than the ones in cooler place. The louder the sound the fan makes means that its rpm is paced much higher than before to cool down the temp of your laptop. The dust can clog air vents and makes the job of the fan much harder so it has to revolution more than usual hopefully to counter the heat inside your laptop. The dust can be taken out easily by using a vacuum cleaner on the air vents without disassembling the laptop. If your laptop is more than 5 years old and you are not afraid to dismantle your laptop then I recommend (re)applying a new thermal paste on both the cpu and gpu of your laptop. A brand new laptop uses a cheaper and low quality thermal compound so it's better to (re)apply a high quality thermal paste after you had cleaned the cpu and gpu with a cotton and rubbing alcohol. Do this only if you know what I'm talking about as I'm drunk as hell now. :fear: :lmao: :drunk:

You might want to upgrade your version of adobe flash, allow certain programs to have full internet access if the spikes are high on cpu when you're using a 3rd party firewall, and remove 3rd party hardware monitoring software as some really uses a lot of cpu loads.

Thanks for you constructive opinion. Won't apply alcohol though cuz you are drink and you can recommend none other than alcohol (just kiddin') :lol:

Hmm, my notebook is about two years old, so inside it there may be aLOLtz of dust waiting to get sucked by a vacuum cleaner. Room temperature is usual so that can't be the culprit. And about using third parties, I just use those which can't be done by windows.

That anomaly has been reported to be rabid amongst Electricians with shrimp-sized brains who neglect to earth one's wiring, causing an electrical short-circuit resulting in destructive damage to the system (not limited to the CPU.)

This real-life incident took place at my home leaving my costly titanium laptop in flames . . . . . . . last monsoon.

You are i-nsane :wub:

<post deleted by self>

Edit:

Whatever I type the keyboard get's hijacked and the wording get translated to "That anomaly has been reported to be rabid amongst xxxxxx with shrimp-sized brains . . . . . . . "

Are you suffering from avatar crYsYs? :lol: I can donate you some.

I thought folks here relish & thrive on such non-technical nonsense germinating from the depths of unimaginative and infertile, un-fumigated half-roasted, brains - spewing full-baked news cooked upon the fires sparked from the miserly cotton that froths within the navels of n00bs.

I thought folks here relish & thrive on such non-technical nonsense germinating from the depths of unimaginative and infertile, un-fumigated half-roasted, brains - spewing full-baked news cooked upon the fires sparked from the miserly cotton that froths within the navels of n00bs.

Man, you are damn hijacked. Use OSK or reply this

Being a notebook user, I have found that the resource of the system is very critical thing. When it goes high, the system goes on fire making noise like hell.

Have you disabled the native Windows System Restore at both levels?

Being a notebook user, I have found that the resource of the system is very critical thing. When it goes high, the system goes on fire making noise like hell.

Have you disabled the native Windows System Restore at both levels?

You are talking to a tubelight :D

First level:-

Right-click Computer >>----> Properties >>----> Advanced System Settings >>----> System Protection >>----> Protection Settings >>----> (select) Systems >>----> Configure >>----> Disable System Protection >>----> Apply >>----> OK >>----> Sign out.

Second level:

To be continued, tomorrow . . . . . . . . .

First level:-

Right-click Computer >>----> Properties >>----> Advanced System Settings >>----> System Protection >>----> Protection Settings >>----> (select) Systems >>----> Configure >>----> Disable System Protection >>----> Apply >>----> OK >>----> Sign out.

First level:

To be continued, tomorrow . . . . . . . . .

System restore is very crucial man. I think, it won't be good idea to disable it.

Yes, you're right - I'm sorry (it's my mistake.)

hey filament, don't feel bad for I didn't honor your idea directly. But I know, you have other protection available other than system restore.

• Administrator

Clean the fans. Use blower or air compressed cans, not vacuum. I'm not sure why, but vacuum is not recommended to remove dust from the computers.

Also, nothing cleans fans like a rough, clean and dry piece of cloth.

Cleaning the thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and then reapplying the new one should be done if the above doesn't solve the problem.

What are the temperatures btw, when it's idle and when the fan is full speed. Cause, if fine, you can adjust fan's speed to make it silent, that is, increase the speed only when required, via BIOS (not sure this can be done on notebooks though).

The biggest factor that takes the toll on a laptop is -- The Temp !

Because ,

A lot many of components have been cramped into the tiny little space . Heat will be there . And the better you dissipate it , the better your machine is .

Laptop BIOS are designed in such a way to keep the sys cool and under comfortable temp's .

So dont worry if your fan make's noise , while running or under load .

( ... that is if they are working well , and not getting noisy bcoz of a failure ! ;) )

The thing here worth noting is , as Dkt said , the operating Temp's .

When idle and when under stress .

The biggest factor that takes the toll on a laptop is -- The Temp !

Because ,

A lot many of components have been cramped into the tiny little space . Heat will be there . And the better you dissipate it , the better your machine is .

Laptop BIOS are designed in such a way to keep the sys cool and under comfortable temp's .

So dont worry if your fan make's noise , while running or under load .

( ... that is if they are working well , and not getting noisy bcoz of a failure ! ;) )

The thing here worth noting is , as Dkt said , the operating Temp's .

When idle and when under stress .

I can understand the thing that it makes noise under load but sometimes with usual business it makes noise where it should not, that I can't understand.

Dude , i said thats normal . :)

The operating temperature's will help here ! ;)

That anomaly has been reported to be rabid amongst Electricians with shrimp-sized brains who neglect to earth one's wiring, causing an electrical short-circuit resulting in destructive damage to the system (not limited to the CPU.)

You remind me of this guy :tehe:

Discharge Instructions (Masochistic Way) :tooth:

Archived